First Range report

I got my conversion almost finished (just waiting on Dinzags bullet guide to arrive this week) I went to the range with the factory mag and was very happy with the results. At 25 yards, it shot consistently about 8" low at first, but after I remembered how to adjust the front sight post...I got it pretty-well centered. I moved up to 50 yards, and it was still right -on. Didn't have time to take it up to 100...maybe next weekend.

BTW, at 25 yards I used 1 click below the "1"on the leaf sight. Is that right, or should I zero with it all the way down?

All groups were nice and tight...so I was a happy camper.

I may be wrong, but I believe that I read somewhere that the rear sight should be set on #1, that is probably one click from the rear most slide catch for a 100 meter sight-in. The article or the message went on to say that when zeroed at the 100 meter setting, then pulling the slide all the way back would put the rifle in "battle sights", and depending on the caliber it generally meant for a 300 meter sight(ish).

That's the best of my recollection. I rarely get to a 300 yard range and haven't tested it.

Edited by lesgeaux