So now what?

I just got done reading the whole shitstorm I missed this weekend, and I guess the only question I really have is this: What happens to Mike Davidson now? He's obviously not been stopped anywhere else except for here, so if he brings his NFLD's to market, what are the most logical steps to take? There are way too many in's and out's to this to really make sense of the whole deal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a 20 rd drum for my saiga, but its obviously a case of sacrificing freedom for freedom, what's the etiquette there? Is there a plan of action we as a community can agree on and take should Mikey have his way? I'm sorry if I'm touching on a sore subject, but I really think that this sequence of events warrants an agreed upon resolution for a logical plan of action upon the community to protect our freedoms, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who is horribly conflicted.

If it hits the public market, it hits the public market. I don't think there's much to be done. Suppressing the market may work for a while, but eventually enough people will buy it that it will become part of the public domain. Maybe an injunction against manufacture, but I don't think that will work. There is nothing inherently DD about a magazine, it's the gun that is the DD. So we hope that the gun doesn't get reclassified or at least that we get a pleasant grandfather provision.

at least that we get a pleasant grandfather provision.

Let me be clear about this: I do NOT want all Saiga-12s reclassified.

But IF it happens despite all our efforts... I will cut my barrel down to 14" cause barrel length doesn't apply to a DD if I understand correctly. I would much rather pay my $200 and go SBS since that only affects me.

Edited by XD45

What you will probably see is that the S-12 will NOT be declared a DD in and of itself and the drum mag will be legally produced and marketed, but expect a ruling or edict that states posession of both a S-12 AND a drum (at the same time) constituted "making" of a DD. Kinda like being in posession of a semi-auto, "AK-style" rifle and full-auto AK parts at the same time, even if not assembled as a machinegun. Both are legal to purchase seperately, but not legal to posess together.

Unlike the StreetSweeper, Striker-12 and USAS-12, the Saiga is not imported or sold with >5-round magazines. These are something that would only be available AFTER retail. Remember, the StreetSweeper, Striker-12 and USAS-12 lost their designations as shotguns, which are specifically omitted in defining a DD.

B)-->

Did anyone else make the connection to the recent decision in DC - that upheld the right to keep and bear arms is an INDIVIDUAL right.

The sporting purpose clause is illegal. SHURE they would like to get NLFD's classified as DD BEFORE the directive to strike the "sporting" clause. BATFE is in DC. This ruling applies them.

Lets see what happens, before we give anything away.

I was always against the NLFD's and STILL abhore the "D" word. BUT

I think we may be arguing a dead point.

(edit to add) I have always thought that mag limits were illegal. And "sporting purpose" is BULLSHUT!

Edited by Makc

The last thing we should be doing is prodding the ATF. Harrassing an LE agency only brings about a rash reaction. If they ever didn't want to touch an issue, you've now forced them to.

MD's offensive comments combined with high pressure marketting, ie "stop being a ***** and buy a drum", along with his being convinced that the S-12 would go DD and thus wanting to make his bucks really quick, are enough to turn me off to buying anything from him for professional reasons alone.

If anyone was mad at how FBMG treated people, that is nothing compared to his customer relations disaster.

Those of us who frequent other forums could maybe check to see if he's posting about it elsewhere. I'm a little suspicious though, as to why he would post it here first when he knew it was unwelcome while there are many other AK boards with a strong Saiga following. He seems to know nothing at all about professionalism, so I'm questioning whether he really knows how to make a fresh drum magazine from scratch and actually organize production.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Your right that nothing can be done if he starts to market it, however he won't find any friends on the major class 3 websites like subguns.com or Sturmgewher. Even though those folks won't be affected if they have nfa saigas, they are staunch gun rights advocates and have been talking about the issues over here. Here's an example of a recent post:

Let him do it and cause the Saiga 12 to be -- reclassified and he'll learn the meaning of the word outcast -- 3/11/07 19:36

trust me he'll have very few friends left in the gun community and might as well look for a job with Jim Zumbo

Seriously guys, how many times someone say they were going to manufacture magazines for the Saiga 12 and it either never happens or years later it finally does? How many could be sold for $225+? The ten rounders occurred due the diligence of a company and lots of trial and effort? Ask AGP about the headaches involved in bringing their products to market and the initial hate-mail they recieved. Is AGP even on our forum anymore because of paranoid doom-sayers?