75 Round Drum needed for AK-47

HI all, Can anyone tell me where I can get a Chinese drum for the AMD-65 imported by Centry International Arms INC?

So far all I can locate are the Romainan ones, I was told those are known to have problems...any comments?

Thanks

Michael

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 13 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI all, Can anyone tell me where I can get a Chinese drum for the AMD-65 imported by Centry International Arms INC?

So far all I can locate are the Romainan ones, I was told those are known to have problems...any comments?

Thanks

Michael

J&G www.jgsales.com has them for $99.95

Yeah, $99 will get you the Romanian. I got mine for $89 at Centerfire I believe it was. The Chinese is pretty neat though. Much easier to load and you can leave it loaded for as long as you want and then just wind the key when you want to use it. Of course it costs alot more too. I think I gave twice as much for it. I shoot neither very much. If you just want the novelty of having a drum with massive capacity that you can load once and take to the range to blast away, then the Romanian will likely suit you just fine. The Romanian isn't any harder to load than a normal 30rd mag, loades from the top in a very similar fashion.

I guess it depends too then on who's gonna be doing the loading ^_^ If its the customer, then the Romanians are simpler, as I remember. The Chinese are faster to load over and over and you could leave them loaded until needed....but they cost alot so you do what makes sense for you :up:

some of the romanian drums have weld issues that cause rounds to stick in the middle of the drum, thus giving a dead feed. you should ask the dealer you buy yours from if the item is returnable just in case there is a major issue with it. its pretty rare, but ive seen ones that have had this issue. yes I am in NY. yes we have 75 round drums here, and yes they are cheap. :)

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to share your knowlege.

I have two Dealers to phone tomorrow: Arms of America (purchase last two Saigas) from them : Click here to see there web-site!

And: J&G Fire Arm Sales Click here for J&G

Since I've made two purchases from Mike at Arms of America...I'll phone him first Bvamp...thanks for the suggestion to ask about return merchandise and warranties,f great input.

Thanks Trituim...couldn't find the URL you mentioned!

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 14 2007, 01:21 AM) Tritium...couldn't find the URL you mentioned!

Here you go: http://www.whatacountry.com/aspcart/default.asp If that doesn't work click on their drop-down menu and click on 'magazines'. It is the eleventh mag down on that page.

Chinese_AK47_drum_mag.jpg

Edited by tritium

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 14 2007, 04:57 PM)
Thanks Tritium, That worked out great, I ordered one today and it should be here first of next week. I will probably order one ot those Romainaian ones later, just to have two full mags when I go out.

Thanks again

Michael

Kool! Ya just don't see 'em around very much and they aren't getting any cheaper. Glad to help!

• 4 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ Mar 13 2007, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

Michael

Yes,indeed,the Chinese drums are more expensive than the Romanian drums.My question is WHY buy a drum for your AK-47 rifle?Waste of $$$$.For $100-$150 the cost of a drum buy four or five 30-40rds good quality mags.I wouldn't mind a drum if I'd have a full auto AK but for a semi-auto forget about it,unless you want to own one just for the heck of it.If that's the case,go for the GOLD and try to locate a Russian drum.Now that's a KEEPER. LOL

post-6105-1176381681_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

NICE AK Kigy!

Evidently the bolt was defective and had caused the bolt carrier to jam. Took the AK out yesterday and fired 400 rounds with no problems, not even with the drum

I hate to load magazines when at the range. I try to buy as many mags as shells I will shoot on any givin day.

11a15f200.jpg

11b320950.jpg

Here's the fun of A 75 Rounder:

11ba20530.jpg

11c115200.jpg