Possible to thread 5/8-24?

Yep, I sent you a reply to your email. Some of the muzzle ends are 0.631" and some are about 0.040" larger - FYI. macbeau is first up on the rental - you are #2 if you want it...

Thanks bud,

I got your email about 2 minutes after posting this That should work out well.

Yep, I sent you a reply to your email. Some of the muzzle ends are 0.631" and some are about 0.040" larger - FYI. macbeau is first up on the rental - you are #2 if you want it...

Do you rent the 14x1 LH dies and TAT too?

I just have the one for now and it's getting used pretty heavily.

(fer them there 308 FSB adapters)

Maybe after a few weeks...

Just to let you guys know, I bought a 5/8-24 die for about $19 from Brownells. The TAT is about 19 bucks too. Just thought I would share.

I got $42 into my set shipped (die & tat) $19 is pretty damn good price, depends on quality.

Some are good & some are crap-ola. Brownells carries good stuff...

Just to let you guys know, I bought a 5/8-24 die for about $19 from Brownells. The TAT is about 19 bucks too. Just thought I would share.

Got links?

Larry

I am still looking for a 5/8-24 TAT. Not sure where to get that one.

Here's a link to the Brownells stuff It shows as more expensive, but I get a military discount, and dealers get a discount too.

Here is the 9/16-24 TAT for the FAL: 246-000-001.

And the 9/16-24 DIE for the FAL: 246-100-000.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...UZZLE+BRAKE+DIE

Here's the 5/8-24 die I got. It's made it Japan, and looks okay, but I'm no machinist! 080-598-530

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...SOR+TAP+%26+DIE

Here's their AK TAT: 246-199-006. The 14mm DIE: 246-199-005

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE

Edited by czgunner
Looks like I'm no longer able to edit, or delete my own posts. I use to delete my old posts to free up banwidth once in a while. I'm not finding a thread alignment tool for the 5/8-24.

I'm still looking for a 5/8-24 TAT too. Try contacting Precise Innovations at http://preciseinnovationsllc.com/

I think they make custom stuff. I waiting to hear back from them about this very TAT to see if they'll make me one. I didn't see it as a stocking item in their store. I'll post here when I hear from them!

Can someone give a newbie like me a quick rundown into what the **** you're talking about? All I know is it has something to do with the barrel part of the gun.

The muzzle end of the barrel is often threaded in order to provide solid attachment for a muzzle brake. We're all discussing the ins-and-outs of adding threads to a S-308 . . . note that there are two different diameters of barrel, and thus two possible thread sizes. In order to even consider this, you'll need to remove your front sight assemble and send it into dinzag for modification ($25). dinzag's mod allows for you to re-mount the front sight assembly further back, which exposes more of the barrel (so you'll have something to thread).

Larry

Edited by LESchwartz
Can someone give a newbie like me a quick rundown into what the **** you're talking about? All I know is it has something to do with the barrel part of the gun.

J

Well, the F'ing(liberals :killer: ) told me it only makes this evil contraption of destruction More evil! :D

I do it to all my rifles just cause I can! Plus it's very useful.

I am still looking for a 5/8-24 TAT. Not sure where to get that one.

When I get my tat & die back from macbeau I can make a few...$20 each

:):):) Does that mean it's on the way to me now???? :):):)

:super::super::super: