Finaly Got My S-308

After looking around for the right one i finaly found it today. I am now the proud owner of a Saiga S-308 !6" barrel. This is my first Kalashnikov style firearm. Have always wanted an AK but could never justify one (have a Sks-M para with Tapco T-6).

I just have a few questions.

1. Would a Krinkov style flash hider/muzzle break be good on this? ( Made for a short gun shooting a powerful cartrige for

its size)

2. What wt. bullets do the shorter ones prefer?

3. What is the oragin of of the ammo i got with the gun? ( headstap POF L2A2 have read alot about BAD Indian stuff ) They

had 1000 rd sealed tins for $ 350.

4. Is the trigger hard to pull with a pistol grip? (non converted Dragnov style) The store had a T-6 with pistol grip for

non converted guns for $155.

5. Is there a good over the bore quick detachable scope mount?

After looking around for the right one i finaly found it today. I am now the proud owner of a Saiga S-308 !6" barrel. This is my first Kalashnikov style firearm. Have always wanted an AK but could never justify one (have a Sks-M para with Tapco T-6).

I just have a few questions.

1. Would a Krinkov style flash hider/muzzle break be good on this? ( Made for a short gun shooting a powerful cartrige for

its size)

2. What wt. bullets do the shorter ones prefer?

3. What is the oragin of of the ammo i got with the gun? ( headstap POF L2A2 have read alot about BAD Indian stuff ) They

had 1000 rd sealed tins for $ 350.

4. Is the trigger hard to pull with a pistol grip? (non converted Dragnov style) The store had a T-6 with pistol grip for

non converted guns for $155.

5. Is there a good over the bore quick detachable scope mount?

I'm certianly no expert, waiting for mine to arive, but have been doing alot of reading

1. tricky to get on not the same size barrel

2. 150 grain is about standard and should be fine, Defer to others advce

3. Don't know might be corrosive, cabelas.com has wolf for $250/1000

4 don't know, if standard ak stock, then trigger will be too far back to mount. If not converted, and you use the wrong stock, you could be in violation of 922

How do you like your T-6 stock on your SKS ? Im thinkin of grtting one and a few of the 20rd mags.

I have 6 of the new 20 round mags for my SKS. They are flat out the best detachable mags for the SKS out there.

Haven't had a single problem with them. They work wonders on my Yugo SKS.

Worth every penny.

The Tapco 20 rounders are awesome. I have 6.

I love the T-6 on my sks-m. Used to have a chote folder but since i have moved here they are a hassle to have so i switched to the T-6 and its great . Sks is still short and handy. I realy like the adjustable lenght because of the weather( heavyier cloths in the winter and less in the summer can get it to fit just right). As far as clips go i use a combo of chinese and germany 20 and 30 rounders.