Barrel porting and backboring?

I can post pictures if you want.
Absolutely!!! Also, what did it do for recoil management? I had Tony talked into this and then I talked myself out of it after a little research.

Thanks

I'll upload the pics tonight after work.

It helps with the recoil, no doubt.

Heres some pics I took of the Mag-na-porting. My camera skills are not that good, so you'll have to cut me some slack on the quality.

I was looking to reduce the recoil as much as possible, so I also put a mercury recoil reducer in the stock, fitted a Pachmyer triple magnum recoil pad and use a Buffer Tech buffer.

All that combined gave me a shotgun that has very little recoil, even with slugs, and I'm talking able to shoot slugs all day long.

post-1733-1174024387_thumb.jpg

post-1733-1174024413_thumb.jpg

post-1733-1174024444_thumb.jpg

Here is a cut and paste from a post I did a while back with the part numbers I used to make mine a soft shooter.

As far as recoil reduction goes, this is what I did:

I used a 16oz. mercury recoil reducer in the stock http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...COIL+SUPPRESSOR with a Pachmayr triple magnum recoil pad http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/pro...x?p=9743&s= and had the barrel mag-na-ported http://www.magnaport.com/sgun.html

I lightly siliconed the mercury recoil reducer into the top of the stock cavity, filled the rest of the void with GreatStuff foam, trimmed it down and fitted the recoil pad to the stock.

Thanks for the photos. That is what I had in mind when I was kicking it around. The V-12 porting looks good.

Did your research included the the effects it has on using slugs?

No. I couldn't find anything on slugs. The biggest drawback to porting is that there is only 7-10k psi of pressure behind the wad. Where as in a pistol you're above 30k psi. I couldn't find any positive feedback on the porting. It's good to hear that it's working. From what I read the porting needed to be 5" behind the end of the barrel to get the maximum use of the gas. Most of the stuff that I read was from trap shooting in 28" guns. Nothing with slugs. For what I shoot, the majority of it is standard shot and usually only one stage of slugs. I was also concerned about hosing up the gas system to a point that I could not run Federal low recoil field stuff. I'm curious how a ported gun feels in a side by side comparison with a non ported gun.

Thanks for the reports.