Will AK Dustcovers fit the Saiga 12

I am sure not but I thought I would ask. Saw one that is kewl.

Yes it will fit if you mode the hell out of it. I haven't done this per say but. If you have a dremal it shouldn't be to hard. You need to make the ejection gap bigger(longer and slightly wider) to clear the huge 12 shells. The 12 cover is in a sense just a moded ak-47 cover. Can you look at both at a gun shop or something. Get the measurement or something.

You can make it work but why tell me your not getting one of those dust cover opitc mounts they are worthless.

Got that psychic thing going on :rolleyes: It does seem like the dust cover might be kind of wobbly. I haven't really gotten to deep into sights of any sort but how would you mount a scope on an AK or saiga? Do attachments attach to the left side rail that come up and curl over the top?

So the length and width dimensions are the same and the main difference is the size of the ejector port?

The dust cover on ebay

Also looks like the holding mechanism is different too.

Yes you can mount to the side just about any of the POSP scopes etc.

I personally use this type for my dot sights.

Saiga scope mount (on Ebay)

Essentially, side rails slide forward from the rear and stop when it reaches the end of the block. Then its just clamp (or tighten in my case) snug. They are rock solid and I have NO issues at all with these mounts. None.

If looking for saiga stuff, just search for "SAIGA" on ebay. Much better results. If I recall, I got that side rail from Gilbertsguns.

Yes, you can remove the dust cover with no issues while its mounted.

Granted, its not the "lever" quick detach, but it has the rail on the side as well for anything I "might want to place there.

I avoid the tripple rails because no point in having anything on the ejection side of the gun (furthermore, Im a "lefty"...so I like good visibility).

~S

Edited by whatmanual
You can make it work but why tell me your not getting one of those dust cover opitc mounts they are worthless.

Got that psychic thing going on :rolleyes: It does seem like the dust cover might be kind of wobbly. I haven't really gotten to deep into sights of any sort but how would you mount a scope on an AK or saiga? Do attachments attach to the left side rail that come up and curl over the top?

So the length and width dimensions are the same and the main difference is the size of the ejector port?

The dust cover on ebay

Also looks like the holding mechanism is different too.

Each time your bold comes to the rear that optic is going to jump, I had a friend who tried to get it to work but it failed, and he threw it away.