wood 308 saigas (unconverted) worth any more than the black synth ones

The Russians aren't usually known for their finesse with woodworking in firearms, but the wood .308 stocks aren't too bad looking (to me.) The price difference is usually about $40 between the synthetic and wood stocked versions.

My impression of their wood isn't that bad actually, if you're looking for features like a significant cheekpiece, checkered grip, and buttpad. But then again the synth stocks cost something to make too, so perhaps that's about a fair price difference.

The Russian wood stocks are a bargain IF that's what you're looking for. If it's not, say you're a lefty or a fan of another style, then they're not worth spending money on, unless you want to sell the stock and get a replacement.

Come to think of it, the wood stocked Saigas are probably a better deal if you do plan to replace the furniture, because while synth Saiga furniture is out there from a lot of models, the wooden furniture isn't sold as often so it's more rare and thus fetches a disproportionately higher price.

I've seen the wooden sets go for over $100.

hmmmm

I have the wood stock set off my 308, in perfect shape.. $50 anyone? LOL!!

I'll even toss in the stock trigger and hammer....

You got the stock sear to go with that trigger and hammer?

I have the original 308 disconnector.. there ain't no sear in the Saiga 308...