?s about selling my Saiga online

I'm planning to sell my Saiga online. I've been away from the community for awhile, so I am not up on the latest rules about selling and shipping. I tried the search feature, but turned up nothing.

What do I need to know these days about selling a rifle online?

Let's assume an out-of-state buyer. I'm in Texas, so everything on my end should be relatively smooth.

What needs to happen with the FFL?

Who can I ship through?

What states can I not ship/sell to?

Why isn't there a FAQ about this?

Edited by txn
What have you got and how much are you asking?

I'm on the Ark/Texas border.

Yeah, hoser........but which side of the border are you on????? ........and north or south of I-30 ???? I have a project coming up pretty soon just west of Hope, and am curious how close you might be????? A little shooting, maybe???

Jeaux

I'm planning to sell my Saiga online. I've been away from the community for awhile, so I am not up on the latest rules about selling and shipping. I tried the search feature, but turned up nothing.

What do I need to know these days about selling a rifle online?

Let's assume an out-of-state buyer. I'm in Texas, so everything on my end should be relatively smooth.

What needs to happen with the FFL?

Who can I ship through?

What states can I not ship/sell to?

Why isn't there a FAQ about this?

I'm no expert but have purchased firearms online. You should have on hand a copy of the FFL to where you are shipping it. Some FFL's will only accept a shipment from another FFL so you may not be able to send the firearm yourself directly. HAve seen USPS, UPS, and even DHL used as carriers. Don't think there are any restrictions state-wise on shipping firearms, but mostly on hi-cap mags going to restricted states/cities. There may be FAQ's on the topic listed on big auction sites like GunBroker, etc.

I'm on the Arkansas side but have family members on the Texas side.

South of I-30

30 miles south East of Hope in Texarkana.

We belong to a tiny shooting range out by Mercer Bayou with a max of 104 yards. 5 or 6 benches. And have to drive damn near 20 miles to get to it.

It isn't like it used to be where you could drive a few minutes out of town in any direction and shoot away.

The old dude who occasionaly checks our permits will sometimes bring out his Garand or Trapdoor Springfield and let us shoot it. Course I have a trapdoor but not a Garand!!

I lived all over LR and NLR for 15 years. From '72 to '87.

Worked for the RR.

Lived out on the Old Conway highway between NLR and Morgan for a few years.

My wife and I split in '83 and I moved in with a buddy way out in West Little Rock. Out by Colonel Glenn Rd.

We used to shoot all the time out there.

I had a Dillon reloader and would open the window and test my loads without having to un-ass the chair I was sitting in.

I was in the little store one day and these 2 women were talking.

One said "Did you ever find your dog?"

"no and I looked everywhere too."

"Did you go down Renard?"

"Oh no, those crazy boys live down there!"

She had no clue that I was one of those "crazy boys".

We laughed about that for days.

Used to live on Batesville Pike out by Camp Robinson back in the early '80's.

Back then, we used to drive an old IH Scout all over Camp Robinson. We would find all kinds of neat stuff thrown away.

We also found a foxhole full of water once.

Found it when the front end of the Scout disappeared!! ha.

Sorry about the rambling. I just wanted to throw out a few places you may be familiar with.

What kind of project do you have happening in Hope and when is it?

Would love to go shooting.

• 4 months later...