Look what the competition dreamed up

Seems more like gamesmanship than marksmanship. Not practical for anything other than shooting competitions. If it's not gonna be realistic, you may as well go paintballing.

At least I know my shotgun can go from 10 rounder to 10 rounder in seconds, whether I'm in a 3-gun or killing zombies.

my .02

On a side note, I've seen the tube guys reload real quick with the ammo belts on their waist. They just hold it down by there hip, and they only have to move it about 3" from where it's stored to where it's going. And, they aren't walking around with the shotgun upside down on their shoulder hitting the food pellet dispenser.

Edited by shaneman153a

I wanna know why they gotta turn the gun upsidedown on your shoulder... cant they reach under, grab the shells and load? I never had a problem pumping shells in my mossy with it properly oriented... :huh:

I just dont get it... seems like that time saver, now takes an extra step, and ya lose time... hmm.. DUMB...

:smoke:

Seems more like gamesmanship than marksmanship. Not practical for anything other than shooting competitions. If it's not gonna be realistic, you may as well go paintballing.

It's basically IPSC is what you're saying. :devil:

I hate gamers.

Guys the truth is that thing slows the shooter down, if your loading inverted like they do take two rounds and shove the first one with the second round. It only holds 6 rounds and cost as much as 4 10 round Saiga mags.

I think the device is funny and stupid at the same time not sure which value is higher.

Don't know why the guy inverted the gun, as I don't know him. Here's my guess. There are several loading styles espoused by the top shooters. This is one of them, and the shooter is likely a student of it. As this only gets the first 6 reloads done, the others got to come some from somewhere. He's likely just keeping it simple and not mixing styles.

I don't know all of the techniques. There's usually a mix of likelihood of failure, ability to move during the reload, and the ability to handle multiple shells. Guys can hold 2 in a row and load in one motion, and I've heard that some with really big nimble mits can do 3.

But be sure that what you are seeing is a guy who practiced with a timer on simulated courses of fire and followed the technique that was the fastest for him...

Agreed that the equipment is gamey, but it is a game. And a lot of innovation and technique comes from the USPSA crowd. It's precisely because they don't care about how it looks, of if it's practical for carry or social use. But USPSA doesn't own the 3 gun competition the way it does the pistol game. There are many non affiliated matches, many of which are oriented towards a militia feel. Google up 3gun recon matches and I'd guess you'll see a bunch.

As for that guizmo, I'll be curious to see if it catches on. It doesn't put the shooter into open. If you have the dough, it seems like you could mount several on the gun. But it does seem to only allow one shell at a time. I wonder how the gun handles with one on there, it would get nose heavy pretty fast (doesn't mean it's not faster that way tho).

Looks like a very expensive peice of junk to me!!

it is expensive, but it is not junk! I met the inventor of this tube at the 2007 S.H.O.T. show. It is very well made! It is a very inventive product. It delivers a 12 guage round right into your hand with very little movement on your part. Especially when compaired to trying to get rounds out of a Speed Feed butt stock, or a side saddle.

These are just my opinions.

Yours,

Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

it is expensive, but it is not junk! I met the inventor of this tube at the 2007 S.H.O.T. show. It is very well made! It is a very inventive product. It delivers a 12 guage round right into your hand with very little movement on your part. Especially when compaired to trying to get rounds out of a Speed Feed butt stock, or a side saddle.

Yours,

Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

Off subject, but did you happen to see if Halo was there with their P-12?

Yours,

Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

Off subject, but did you happen to see if Halo was there with their P-12?

I'm sorry Mike. I didn't see Halo. They could have been there and I just over looked them.

Yours,

Bob Troxell.

Competition shooting is THE proving ground for new concepts and technology in small arms.

I don't care what other people use, how well it works will be shown in the results.

A lot of people would consider us "gamers" for using Saiga-12s, anyone who shoots competition is a gamer to one degree or another. To some people it's just bullet golf, leave them alone as long as they leave you alone.

I wanna know why they gotta turn the gun upsidedown on your shoulder... cant they reach under, grab the shells and load? I never had a problem pumping shells in my mossy with it properly oriented... :huh:

I just dont get it... seems like that time saver, now takes an extra step, and ya lose time... hmm.. DUMB...

:smoke:

Because if you don't burn your hand on the barrel, it ain't really 3 gun :smoke:

Ah ha ha ha ha!!! ROFL!!! I think thats so silly, i'm gonna stick with my agp 10rndrs too. Its like "I think ill have a magazine tube below my magazine tube, so i can reload my magazine tube." :) Someone just needs to make a "detachable" tube magazine system. lolz

They need to just get a saiga! :super:

Ah ha ha ha ha!!! ROFL!!! I think thats so silly, i'm gonna stick with my agp 10rndrs too. Its like "I think ill have a magazine tube below my magazine tube, so i can reload my magazine tube." :) Someone just needs to make a "detachable" tube magazine system. lolz

They need to just get a saiga! :super:

Then what would they have to pump? :lolol: