What do you feed your Saiga .223

Thanks Bad Bob, it's good to be here. I like to buy extra ammo when I can also. I got a real good deal on this BB 62gr jhp so I bought 1500 rds. I wish I'd doubled that, but I didn't know how accurate it would be. I just recieved a delivery today of 1000 rds of BB 308 145gr fmj. I may wish in a few days that I'd bought more of it too. I buy it to shoot not to look at.

• 2 weeks later...
Bingo! Word of advice - just don't ever get anywhere near 'empty'...

I agree "don't ever get anywhere near 'empty'. Great advice Bad Bob! I have a personal belief on that subject. Most of us have more than one gun, most several. But when I ask alot of people how much ammo they have, they usually will tell me 1 to 1 1/2 boxes per gun. I think it's great to have alot of guns. That's our "right" if we want them. But that's just not enough ammo. If there was ever a situation in this world, say a national, state, or city disaster of some sort, a terrorist act, a world or national financial breakdown, an act of nature, a mass unexpected evacuation from the cities, someone trying to take away your rights, or anything else we can think of, we may have to leave home. Maybe on foot. You may have to try to get to your wife or kids or parents. Roads may be blocked. Mass confusion. Mass panic. Of course the way things are today, none of these things could ever possibly happen could they? It will be hard to carry 5 or 6 guns on your back to make sure you have at least 100 rounds of ammo to defend and protect yourself and/or your family. I'd rather pick up one good weapon with plenty of ammo. Then I can carry a few other things we may decide we want. Like water, food and shelter. In this world today, you just don't know what's next.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep one weapon for myself that I customize to fit ME, and others I hold on to to give to friends and relatives in that extreme situation.

You can have all the bullets you want, 1 man with 1000 rounds will almost always lose to 5 men with 200 rounds each.

• 1 month later...

I have been useing S&B , but I got some Georgia Arms 223 Remington Match Grade 68 gr. Boat tail Hollow Points , what a round.It will reach out and tuch a target.Much better than 55 gr.But you can't go wrong with either.And by the way the Ga.Arms were seconds.

Just mt 2 cents worth. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMP.. note.. Cabelas has Federal American Eagle 55gr FMJ on sale for $5.99/box, and orders OVER $150 ship for $5.99 for Dads Day code WDADSDAY..

also Copes has the Wolf Mil-Classic .223 FMJ ammo for $105/case of 500 rounds.. (with FLAT $9.99 shipping)..

Aim also has the Wolf varieties on sale for $3.99/box or so..

I ordered 500 of the Wolf MC.. and 8 boxes of the Am Eagle.. :super:

I'm on a budget but I gotta have ammo in the house or I feel NAKED.. :lolol:

Edited by YWHIC

Now, if your local range (or shooting match) has a no-steel policy, then don't buy XM855 or XM856, or any steel-cased FMJ. That's all steel-cored ammo.

Personally, I like the PRVI Partisan stuff (PPU headstamp). Cheap but consistent, unfortunately it's a bit dirty.