I would like to have mags in three different colors, for separating buck, slug and bird.

For me it would remove one worry at the range when competing. Using the wrong ammo by misstake usually renders a match DQ.

I also think it would add to the "sporty" feeling of my gun (which would be a good thing in my country).

Floureschent orange, pale blue and plain black would be a nice combination (one color per mag that is).

Would this at all be possible, i.e. would the molding process allow it?

Would anyone else except me be interested, i.e. would it be a sound business for AGP?

A bonus effect would be that I could easily motivate myself to get three times as many mags as I would otherwise.

I don't think painting the mags would do the job as the stuff it is made of seems non-sticky.

back when AGP used to post on this board, didnt they say something about black only when people were asking for clear mags? I thought it was a materials property issue rather than a cost issue. feel free to correct me if Im wrong here..

Ramline made/makes clear mags for the 10/22. Today high tech plastics do come in all sorts of colors, so one would think it could be done.

Would it honestly be that difficult to paint them, or mark them by wrapping some colored electric tape around the mags? I was under the impression that plastic could be painted quite easily, and it wouldn't require much paint at all for something as small as a magazine.

Right now my slugs are all in my 8 rounder because my 10 rounders don't fire the slugs up into place fast enough, so that's how I differentiate :(

A friend of mine has Duracoated his mags in OD Green, and they look amazing, almost like they were made that way. The duracoat is a very good finish and show's no signs of wear that I could see and it comes in numerous colors.

I painted some of my factory mags and it has held up great. I didn't even use Duracoat, Aluma-Hyde or anything like that. I just used a can of OD spray paint from the local Army Surplus store. I over-exposed this shot a bit for more contrast, but it's really OD green.

s12-3.jpg

What did Henry Ford say? :haha:

"You can have any color you want as long as its black"

or something along those lines

besides your clip fed shotgun is black, so its evil its like putting a fairy pink mag into a RRA .458 Socom...some things are better just not done

It takes some time to switch colors around. I'd bet right now AGP just wants to pump out as many mags as quickly as humanly possible without having to worry about how many greens, blues, oranges etc. to make.

That may be true but I won't buy anymore blacks.

But if they make a see through mag, I'll buy 4 more.

My bet is 90% of the first time buyers are like me (not necessarily clear though).

I would like to have mags in three different colors, for separating buck, slug and bird.

For me it would remove one worry at the range when competing. Using the wrong ammo by misstake usually renders a match DQ.

I also think it would add to the "sporty" feeling of my gun (which would be a good thing in my country).

Floureschent orange, pale blue and plain black would be a nice combination (one color per mag that is).

Would this at all be possible, i.e. would the molding process allow it?

Would anyone else except me be interested, i.e. would it be a sound business for AGP?

A bonus effect would be that I could easily motivate myself to get three times as many mags as I would otherwise.

I don't think painting the mags would do the job as the stuff it is made of seems non-sticky.

just buy a home dura-coat kit... i hear good thing of them

I've got the home duracoat kit. It's very nice. $50 and you can do several guns with it. I even got some GLO duracoat paint with it :smoke:

How bout a glo mag? Easily located in the dark...

Actually Kevin did say that later on, after the initial investment was recouped and they were able to spend some more time and do different things, they would consider making some different colored mags like Mike said.

The clear ones won't be happening though from what I've heard.

It takes some time to switch colors around. I'd bet right now AGP just wants to pump out as many mags as quickly as humanly possible without having to worry about how many greens, blues, oranges etc. to make.

My bet is 90% of the first time buyers are like me (not necessarily clear though).

Yeah man, I totally hear you. I'm just trying to say that until everybody who wants a 10 rounder get a 10 rounder, black will do just fine. *Is still waiting for the chance to buy some 10ers*

Yeah man, I totally hear you. I'm just trying to say that until everybody who wants a 10 rounder get a 10 rounder, black will do just fine. *Is still waiting for the chance to buy some 10ers*

which is proof they are still busy enough not to care at the current time

Use 2 or three bands of colored electrical tape to code magazines. Different colors for different rounds-and you can write on the tape with a sharpie to remind you of what you loaded in them.