Pictures of War Protest in Portland, Oregon.

I have a sheer amount of respect for the troops and the other dutypersons out there, so much, that I would not want them to get upset seeing this post, and would rather have it removed before any more servicemen see this and get upset.

watch what happens over the next day or two with members here that see this. you'll see.

jugg, dont take this the wrong way? but poetry doesnt do it for me when I see this bullshit. this makes me want to take a bat to the next illgeal immigrant or arabian muslim i see, is all it does. I am not a godly person like yourself, and I wouldnt fear the consequences one bit, and never have.

this is proof that we have our own private war here at home. I dont know about you guys, but I try to fight back however I can.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess if it comes down to it and there is something negative posted, I could see your point. But my son has a friend serving overseas now and I don't think he would have a problem with what has been written by memebers so far. I don't purpose to speak for him but I have a pretty good idea how he feels. Y'all would too if you wrote him. I posted his email address. He would love to know that we all feel the same way about this country as he does.

I have a sheer amount of respect for the troops and the other dutypersons out there, so much, that I would not want them to get upset seeing this post, and would rather have it removed before any more servicemen see this and get upset.

watch what happens over the next day or two with members here that see this. you'll see.

jugg, dont take this the wrong way? but poetry doesnt do it for me when I see this bullshit. this makes me want to take a bat to the next illgeal immigrant or arabian muslim i see, is all it does. I am not a godly person like yourself, and I wouldnt fear the consequences one bit, and never have.

this is proof that we have our own private war here at home. I dont know about you guys, but I try to fight back however I can.

believe me when I tell you that I am on the same page as you are.

I hope NONE of my previous statements are viewed as support the sickening actions seen it this thread.

I think I refer to poetry any lyrics to express things I cannot verbalize myself.

If you ax it, I respectfully request that we leave ragged old flag in it's place.

Bvamp, All I can say is that as a Veteran, You honor me with your "spirited" patriotism.

Thanks

~edit, Thanks to the rest of you as well, don't want to forget anyone!

DCP_1644_1.jpg

Neighbors give you any flack about it?

One was real curious but didn't have the guts to ask me. I kinda keep to myself and am kinda confrontational. She got my next door neighbor to ask me one evening when they were sitting on the front porch. I just told them it's in my ancestry and I'm an American first.

DCP_1644_1.jpg

Neighbors give you any flack about it?

One was real curious but didn't have the guts to ask me. I kinda keep to myself and am kinda confrontational. She got my next door neighbor to ask me one evening when they were sitting on the front porch. I just told them it's in my ancestry and I'm an American first.

"Ancestry" :lolol: :lolol: Dude, YOU ROCK!!!

I have no use for flag burners, and hate the message they are sending, but according to the constitution and the Supreme Court, that is protected under free speech. they tried to get an constiutional amendment passed last year, almost had enough support, but not quite....

I personnally don't like to see the Constituion fucked with just because someone finds something objectionable. Just as with stripping our rights little by little under the second amendent, stripping bits and pieces of our rights under the first is not acceptable.

I hate it when i see shit like this, but if we open that door once, how do we stop the next step, like banning public assembly?

Is what we see in Oregon a step too far?.....HELL YES....several steps too far.

Is asking the rest of us to give up a freedom (any freedom...no matter how small) so that 100 wackos in Oregon can't burn a flag and hurt someone feelings a step too far?.....IMHO....again....HELL YES!

I have no use for flag burners, and hate the message they are sending, but according to the constitution and the Supreme Court, that is protected under free speech. they tried to get an constiutional amendment passed last year, almost had enough support, but not quite....

I personnally don't like to see the Constituion fucked with just because someone finds something objectionable. Just as with stripping our rights little by little under the second amendent, stripping bits and pieces of our rights under the first is not acceptable.

I hate it when i see shit like this, but if we open that door once, how do we stop the next step, like banning public assembly?

Is what we see in Oregon a step too far?.....HELL YES....several steps too far.

Is asking the rest of us to give up a freedom (any freedom...no matter how small) so that 100 wackos in Oregon can't burn a flag and hurt someone feelings a step too far?.....IMHO....again....HELL YES!

Burning a flag isn't speech. It's an action. And it isn't in the Constitution. The Supreme Court may have inturpreted it that way but they're human. Human's make mistakes. It's just one we have to live with. Wonder why they don't think burning a cross in someone's yard isn't fredom of speech.

Edited by Racegal55
Well I'll just run on down to Johnston County and round up some of the boys in the KKK and send them onout to Oregon. :devil:

Johnston County would be the place to get em. :)

There's probably no short supply down here either :rolleyes: As for freedom of speech I think we have to take the good with the bad; I certainly wouldn't want the government to decide for me what is appropriate and legal. I'm just glad there are organizations and biker groups that come out to combat the Westboro Baptist idots from Kansas that protest soldier's funerals here.

The Patriot Guard Riders at a funeral here...

flagszm6.jpg

I wonder, if the ruling on flag burning were changed, could it be considered an act of treason? Western Oregon and Western Washington are full of idiots. I think it was Washington where in the 90's they discovered that their state still had a law stating that blacks could not own property. Sad thing is, the atempt to ammend it almost didn't pass.

<bangs her head against the wall>

If I'm wrong on that one, please correct me.

I firmly believe that there's room in this country for everyone... except people who don't want to be here. You'd think they'd move on their own. <rolls eyes> Thing is, they want to force everyone else to believe as they do. There's not much you can do except ignore them until they cross a legal boundary.

As for soldiers feeling bad after seeing this thread: The belief that people should be kept from possibly having "Hurt Feelings," is the reason that we have "Political Correctness." I don't want to see us go that way. It's not a matter of being "better" than anyone. It's about upholding our ideals by acting on our beliefs. With that said, please don't delete this thread.

Oh no, not another one. :chris::rolleyes:

The little woman who puts-up with me is a descendant of Capt. Henry Morgan.

But seriously, I hold the idiots above in the highest contempt.

Our troops have my deepest respect & I've always regretted my health scrapping my plans to serve.

At least when my best friend enlisted, I supplied all the ammo & drilled him relentlessly on the range before he left for basic. Man those memories make me feel old. He ended-up serving in Desert Storm & is now a high school history teacher.

pffft, being for peace is one thing, but you should support your boys on the ground...

fight the higherups, the soldiers are just caught in the crossfire.

On this we agree. Politicians declare wars. Soldiers bleed in them.

Goddamn dishonest politicians- and GOD BLESS the soldiers.

"i'd like to spit some beechnut in his eye and shoot him with my old .45"

people who do that sort of thing make me sick. The only flags I've let that happen to were during retirement ceremonies that I've participated in during Boy Scouts.

Cobra, on your way to Oregon swing by I got a nice bat that needs some dents in it

Hey guys, lets liven the mood a bit. I'm 22 and have long hippie hair. I could infiltrate the enemy and cause some chaos. Here are some ideas.

Replace normal US flags with flags made of Nomex. (Watch the look on their faces.)

Pass out Sugar free brownies and cookies. (That sugar free stuff is poor mans ExLax.)

Have a petition to ban the use of dihydrogen monoxide. (They fall for it every time.)

/Anyone have more?

pffft, being for peace is one thing, but you should support your boys on the ground...

I'm sorry but that's just BS. When Saddam was pissing down our backs and telling US it was raining and 9/11 was fresh in our minds well over 80% of the American people were behind this war. The mission must be supported until victory. At least half of my fellow Americans can go fuck themselves for withdrawing their support for the war and for undermining the troops and their CIC. I don't know that starting violence is the answer but the day one of those MFers tries to block my vehicle will be the day my vehicle drives over the sorry son of a whore. The day they start rioting... it's on. I'm sick of the scumbags that have no other goal in their shit lives but to kill the Capitalist goose that lays ALL of the golden eggs. The Bolsheviks will resort to violence soon enough. Hell they're getting bolder by the minute. Keep your powder dry my fellow patriots, these people think their time is coming soon... and I for one agree with them. :devil:

Edited by DaGroaner

Oh man, why am I not suprised. Ive lived in Portland for a good 10 years, and Im still in Oregon (although not portland). Portland can be like a little Berkley, people all protesting over BS. They close down the streets and all that for their little demonstrations. I remember when the war started they sat in the middle of a busy intersection and refused to get up until they were arrested one by one. This shit happens way more in Portland than any other city Ive lived in. Its often the same (large) group of clowns, protesting everything - bush, the war, mumia, police doing their jobs, cutting down trees, support of illegal aliens.. I could keep going on and on, but I think you get the point. Portland is full of these pukes, I had no idea it was sucha haven for those Berkley types before I moved here. I have my eye on one of the nfa/gun friendly states in the southwest.

I'm sorry but that's just BS. When Saddam was pissing down our backs and telling US it was raining and 9/11 was fresh in our minds well over 80% of the American people were behind this war. The mission must be supported until victory. At least half of my fellow Americans can go fuck themselves for withdrawing their support for the war and for undermining the troops and their CIC. I don't know that starting violence is the answer but the day one of those MFers tries to block my vehicle will be the day my vehicle drives over the sorry son of a whore. The day they start rioting... it's on. I'm sick of the scumbags that have no other goal in their shit lives but to kill the Capitalist goose that lays ALL of the golden eggs. The Bolsheviks will resort to violence soon enough. Hell they're getting bolder by the minute. Keep your powder dry my fellow patriots, these people think their time is coming soon... and I for one agree with them. :devil:

You and I are gonna get along just fine!!!!

I am not a veteran but I am an American. I can't enlist otherwise I would. My parents would be proud. All there friends would be proud. They are educated and understand the deeper meaning of this war. Yet, I don't understand the flag burning. They are burning that which allows them to voice their opinion. Without a flag an American Flag to burn those f**cking left wing bastards probably would be living in a prison camp if it were not for the veterans from past to future. Why don't they make a real statement and burn themselves to dealth like the Buddhist munks during Vietnam?

Oh good Jesus. I'm from Portland and we've got these damn tree hugging assfucks all over the place. I can't believe I didn't hear about this! This is complete bullshit. We're gun toting maniacs, but these asswipes can disrespect the people that ALLOW them to have the freedom to do this shit? RE FUCKING DICULOUS.

I'm handing out ass kickings on behalf of s12.com. Fuck these assholes.

When Saddam was pissing down our backs and telling US it was raining and 9/11 was fresh in our minds well over 80% of the American people were behind this war. The mission must be supported until victory. At least half of my fellow Americans can go fuck themselves for withdrawing their support for the war and for undermining the troops and their CIC.

because withdrawing support from a lying government is wrong? if you publicly "sell" a conflict using certain arguments, you have to be pretty sure those are valid... you can't say "oops, we lied, but don't worry, we have plenty of other reasons", especially not when you're getting your ass kicked on daily basis. people don't like that and want some easy way out.

as for the public's flipflop, have you never made a wrong choice in the past that you've regretted, Groaner? did you have the balls to admit this to others & yourself?

granted, withdrawal is no viable option due to long term problems in my opinion as well, but others will likely disagree and that is their right.

I don't know that starting violence is the answer but the day one of those MFers tries to block my vehicle will be the day my vehicle drives over the sorry son of a whore. The day they start rioting... it's on. I'm sick of the scumbags that have no other goal in their shit lives but to kill the Capitalist goose that lays ALL of the golden eggs. The Bolsheviks will resort to violence soon enough. Hell they're getting bolder by the minute. Keep your powder dry my fellow patriots, these people think their time is coming soon... and I for one agree with them. :devil:

ah, now it's them filthy commies coming to fight, instead of headchopping muslims, huh?

the only solution for any of your problems that you seem to know is violence...