My saiga .223 has the worst trigger I have ever felt.

I picked up the Saiga I ordered yesterday. I handled one in a store and my Saiga 12 and the trigger on my .223 is probably twice as heavy and stiff. Kinda dissapointing considering you can't just take the FCG out easily. Every time I get it out after I clear it and then start to dry fire it I glance down to make sure the safety off because of how much pressure I have to exert. I just bought it to be a cheap beater rifle/truck gun so it won't be that big of a deal. I don't plan on converting this so I'll just have to get used to it. Is this typical? I don't expect a match grade trigger with a ak but still.

there is a lot of variance in the AKM manufacturing process.

what you can do is polish the trigger components and (what I do), use white lithium grease on the contact surfaces. if you dont like the idea of grease catching crud, you can try graphite powder. that should slick it up a little bit, if not a lot in your case, and the normal wear of a truck gun (many rounds down it), will wear it in in time.