Let me know about the 3 clamps you have. I am looking for something similar for my AK, something that sits pretty close, if not on top of the receiver cover. Going to hook up an Armson OEG on it, and hopefully, one on the saiga someday. Where did you order them from? Thanks!

Mike

Edited by bigpond73

K-varcorp.com has three styles of mounts I guess I'll just getr the mil. spec

one 120.oo$ and my sight 180.oo $ and call it a day(Geez the optics & mount were as much as the gun was!!)As for A AK without the side mount rail I would use a B-SQUARE mount (its what I have on my regular AK)

K-varcorp.com has three styles of mounts I guess I'll just getr the mil. spec

one 120.oo$ and my sight 180.oo $ and call it a day(Geez the optics & mount were as much as the gun was!!)

got mine at CDNN for about $40....

HMM I wonder why so cheap? IS it the mount with the scope ring's attached? I needed one with a weaver base for my optics (nice circle with dot center)ATN ultra sight, Im thinking of getting the trijicon 3-9 scope for the rifle. Anyone see the New Jpoint Sight I just got one :haha:

I've had both mounts from CDDN, the weaver and the built in ring and both were about $40. The weaver mount was too high for me when scoped with standard rings, I did mount my ATN red dot on it and although it was a bit high I think it would have worked. I sent the weaver back and got the rings model which droped the scope down about 1/2" to 5/8", better for my line of sight.

I've had both mounts from CDDN, the weaver and the built in ring and both were about $40. The weaver mount was too high for me when scoped with standard rings, I did mount my ATN red dot on it and although it was a bit high I think it would have worked. I sent the weaver back and got the rings model which droped the scope down about 1/2" to 5/8", better for my line of sight.

I HAVE THE WEAVER MOUNT MODEL AND IT'S HIGH BUT THATS WHAT I WANTED CUZ I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SIGHTS ALSO.....MOUNTED A BSA RED DOT ON IT AND IT ROCKS.....

The ones from CDNN are made in Belarus, like most of the other ones I looked at.Once clamped on they hold like they're welded to the side of the gun.I don't see why they'd be much worse than the K-var unit, considering the price.And also I'm a cheap bastard.All of K-var's stuff seems a little pricy to me.Are they really that much better?

Well it's done I orderd the mil. spec one from K-var and it should be here next week sometime :wub: I will order my sight next!!! hey did anyone try the pachmayer slip on black recoil pad? I like mine made a world of difference!!!!!not bad for 10.oo$$

There's a saying "you get what you pay for" Why would I mount a 200.oo sight on a 40.oo mount? seem's dumb!!

NO!!....WHAT'S DUMB IS PAYING $200 FOR A $40 MOUNT....MINE WORKS FINE...I DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO THROW MONEY AWAY, NOR TO JUSTIFY A $200 MOUNT FOR A $269 SHOTGUN....THAT'S FRIGGIN' CRAZY...

It dont look professional when you skimp on equipment!!!! I'll have to get some pictures when it's finished!! Plus with the Saiga 12 priced at 275.00-300.00 out the door & is the same price a new remington 870.

The gun has been worth it no probs whatsoever (well one failure to eject with a low recoil buck on gas setting1 but thats a givin) :lolol:

It dont look professional when you skimp on equipment!!!! I'll have to get some pictures when it's finished!! Plus with the Saiga 12 priced at 275.00-300.00 out the door & is the same price a new remington 870.

hmmmmm.....i'm not a professional shooter so that's never been a problem for me...and i've purchased several hi-quality brand named firearms from k-mart over the years, for a much better price than the local gunshops....my saiga was $269, but not from k-mart...in my opinion paying $40 for a scope mount that works ain't skimpin'....it's just smart money management...means i can spend more on optics if i choose....or on another gun....

besides i'm not trying to impress the other shooters with my expensive optics and mount on a saiga...which to most is considered a cheap shotgun...

i would like to see the pictures when you get it all together though....

what's wrong with K-MART??? 

K-Mart has been linked with anti-gun organizations in the past and Rosie O'Donnell has been a spokesperson for K-Mart. To make it worse, they stopped selling guns a few years ago and after 9/11, they put out a statement saying that due to the terrorist attacks, they would no longer be selling ammunition! F*ck K-Mart, Wal-Mart is better anyway. No wonder K-Mart is going out of business.

Hmm my K-mart still has gun's and ammo (must live in redneckland), And the Saiga's cheap only because they didnt make it a DD.....YET!! I can remember when a USAS-12 wasnt more than 550.oo-600.oo $Now its hard to touch one for under 2000.oo. The saiga is a fine weapon even tho it's cheap!!!

Wow A BSA red dot!! what did you pay 20.oo$ you would be better off throwing it at the target!!!!

o'contrair mon'frair......it was substantially more than $20, but cost is not the issue here...what do you do? find the most expensive thing you can find and buy it cuz it gonna make your look cool...therefore everyone else will think you're cool too?? is that how it works?? if thats the case then why did you get a saiga?....why not the new remington 1100 competition shotgun??....then you could really impress your friends.....if ya wanna blow hot air about all your cool expensive stuff, blow it out your ass...i don't really care....

i have a saiga....yes they are cheap.....they shoot very well....they don't really need optics or scope mounts.....i put them on mine cuz i was able to find them at a very reasonable price....of course it doesn't help in competition cuz all the 3 gun matches i shoot in don't allow optics on shotguns....which is another desirable feature of the saiga and their mounts....quick detachable....i don't need expensive mounts or optics to impress my friends.....i just beat them and their $1000 shotguns with my $269 saiga.....

Relax I was joking :haha: (damm someone crap in your cornflakes or what) No but I do at least buy midrange equipment not the cheapest I can find!!! Nutz would be to mount a trijicon reflex sight(6oo.oo$) on a 300.00$ shotgun(yes I thought about it)!! I did not find the most expensive thing I could find Just the best for the money!!!!!

Relax I was joking  (damm someone crap in your cornflakes or what) No but I do at least buy midrange equipment not the cheapest I can find!!! Nutz would be to mount a trijicon reflex sight(6oo.oo$) on a 300.00$ shotgun(yes I thought about it)!! I did not find the most expensive thing I could find Just the best for the money!!!!!

ok i gotcha.....i try not to buy the cheapest crap either **and i know there is some crap out there**....but i ain't blowin' a buttload of money for accessories to go on a cheap shotgun....i try to stay in the middle of the road too....maybe my middle and yours are different.....

there's nothing wrong with the CDNN scope mount....it's a little on the high side for some but i wanna be able to see the sights under it and it's perfect for that.....the only thing i didn't like was that it was gray, but a little flat black paint fixed that.....hell i've seen some guys with homemade mounts on their saigas....shootin' good too....

have you seen the tasco pro point red dots with 4 reticles??....

Nutz would be to mount a trijicon reflex sight(6oo.oo$) on a 300.00$ shotgun(yes I thought about it)!!

Actualy it's a $300(400+ with mount) sight on $300 shotgun. You just need to dig US internet resources a bit deeper. They're ... uuh... slightly overpriced on www.trijicon.com.