ITS THE PACKING PAPER OF DEATH!!!!

Brought home a new 16" 7.62x39 RAA Saiga last night. It came in a box wrapped in some paper that I figured was oiled. After emptying the box, I find a sheet of paper in the bottom with warnings and instructions about the packing paper. I don't have the paper in front of me, but the warnings are also in the blue covered manual if you have one.

They went something like this:

This rifle is wrapped in a corrosion inhibiting paper.

WARNING

1) Do not wrap food in paper

2) Do not store near hear or caustic chemicals

3) Wash all parts of the body that come in contact with paper

4) After unpacking destroy (incinerate) paper

Now of course, I had been touching the paper and the gun. I had been touching other things in the house and scratching my face, touching my clothes, etc. After reading that, I subconsciously stated to itch every where I had exposed skin. I washed everything I could, cleaned the gun, put the paper in a paper bag and sat it outside so that it would not eat the cats when I was sleep.

Needless to say, I woke up alive and well without mutations, burns, nor anything else that would put me into the same boat as the Toxic Avenger. I am going to toss the box and the paper out in the dumpster when I get home from work today.

My question is, does anyone know what's up with the packing paper? I assumed that it was maybe a silicone based oil, but I did not think that such oils had such dire warnings on their use. What toxic mess did Mother Russia send me?

• Like 1

The paper is impregnated with some kind of kick ass anti-corrosive chemical. Their warning makes it sound like partially deweaponized plutonium. 'Annihilate' it before it annihilates you.

it has silicates to keep the paint and plastic fresh in long term storage, and oils to inhibit rust. Im sure it has some amount of lead dust and other nasty crap like that in it, just because of where its made and used.

it is good stuff to store parts and crap in in your safe for years on end. ask dinzag how the gast tube I sent him looked. it had been wrapped in that stuff for 3 years without being checked on once by me. I use a 1 gallon freezer ziplock so that I dont have to handle the stuff.

Hello. I have been working for GM dealers for many years now. Many non painted engine parts come wrapped in this stuff. I keep it to wrap gun parts in. Imagine an engine wrapped in this stuff. At my warehouse last week I came upon a MAC 10 barreled upper that had been laying next to an open window for 18 months. It was wrapped in this paper & had absolutely no rust Over the years I have accumulated tons of this stuff, & never had a reaction to it. Several companies make it in the States. One of them is Cortec Corp. Eau Claire Wisconsin. Product is called 146 vapor phase multi metal corrosion protection. Hope this helps. GARY N4KVE

Hello. I have been working for GM dealers for many years now. Many non painted engine parts come wrapped in this stuff. I keep it to wrap gun parts in. Imagine an engine wrapped in this stuff. At my warehouse last week I came upon a MAC 10 barreled upper that had been laying next to an open window for 18 months. It was wrapped in this paper & had absolutely no rust Over the years I have accumulated tons of this stuff, & never had a reaction to it. Several companies make it in the States. One of them is Cortec Corp. Eau Claire Wisconsin. Product is called 146 vapor phase multi metal corrosion protection. Hope this helps. GARY N4KVE

Hey thanks for the info. I guess I can say that I learned something today.

My ex-wives tried for years to annihilate me and they finally had to move on to easier game.

(new husbands) Bwahahaha

Ex-wives? Plural? How long did I take you to figure out what causes that shit? I figured it out the first time. :)

I think we should all combine our large collections of that evil paper and cut it up into neat little squares, then sell them to the treehugging antigunners as rolling papers!! :lolol::super:

Have a nice Russian blunt there hippie!

Zombies are kind of an easy kill compared to Candiearian Demons, as even the dismembered body parts can attack you.

Fire is useless as well due to the fact they are hellspawn and immune to flames.

If you ever run across a reanimated corps check and see if it is a zombie or demon possessed

prior to taking any action.

*Remember* Zombie's can not speak. If reanimated corps is shouting out Blasphemous statements.

odds are you are confronting a Candierian Demon!

Good Hunting!

Ex-wives? Plural? How long did I take you to figure out what causes that shit? I figured it out the first time. :)

I'm a slow learner, Racegal. But I haven't married anybody in 24 years so I guess I finally learned my lesson.

Hey, MD-willington and Juggernaut-If I was a zombie, I'd prolly know it right? :unsure:

Toxic rolling papers, That's a killer idea. Wish I hadn't of ate mine now. :rolleyes:

Hey, MD-willington and Juggernaut-If I was a zombie, I'd prolly know it right? :unsure:

If you do not have a pulse and hunger for human flesh, you MAY be a Zombie.

also check if your blood has become like a cold black viscous oil.

I am by no means a professional, just my humble opinion.

If you have been bitten by a zombie or exposed to any thing that may have recently entered the earths atmosphere

from space in combination of symptoms listed above, I would highly recommend isolating yourself from the population.

Have a close friend or relative keep an eye on you. If the "Change" takes place, Have them shoot you in the head.

ONLY a head shot is effective.

Please, let us know if you are a Zombie. we will send out a team to dispatch you immediately if you are.

We had a class 2 outbreak last fall, A few stranglers we needed to "clean up" after they thawed out from the winter.

You got to catch the outbreaks early or they can get out of hand.

Anyhow, Best of luck! hope this helped!

The reason the paper is so dangerous is because it was developed by the Soviets during the Cold War

as a direct result of experiments with Zombies.

The Saiga shot gun was also developed as a result of the "Zombie experiments" as a means of

"controlling" the experiment and potential outbreaks.

Just so you know, Chernobyl DID NOT have a reactor melt down.

The experiment got out of hand. Almost a class 3 outbreak. they had to "nuke" the entire area.

the paper not only has anti corrosive properties but is interlaced with a "Zombie repellent"

therefore keeping weapons cache "Free" from wandering zombies.

The paper has been "infused" with the dead Solanum virus. it works much in the same way as

a vaccine. Even though the Virus that causes zombies to occur is dead, it is still poisonous.

THAT is the "Real" reason the paper is so dangerous.

I wrapped my house with Saiga paper prior to siding it.

It should help to provide me with a few "extra minuets" to fortify my home and power up the generator

if a class 1 or 2 outbreaks occur in my area.

I'm a slow learner, Racegal. But I haven't married anybody in 24 years so I guess I finally learned my lesson.

Well, congrats on that. I was married for 20 years. Well, technically, I'm still married and it's almost 22 years but my divorce should be final on the 6th. I'm gonna celebrate big time. Got rid of a real bad apple.

Yeah, I hear ya. I went thru 7 years of pure hell with both my exes back in the 80's.

Seriously thought about shooting both of them but never got around to it. hehe

Now its all good. Those days are long gone.

My kids are all grown and have kids of their own and I get to play with my grandbabies.

It should help to provide me with a few "extra minuets" to fortify my home and power up the generator if a class 1 or 2 outbreaks occur in my area.

I know the regular amount of Minuets is not nearly enough for zombie outbreaks.

Well, congrats on that. I was married for 20 years. Well, technically, I'm still married and it's almost 22 years but my divorce should be final on the 6th. I'm gonna celebrate big time. Got rid of a real bad apple.

The 6th huh?

...BIG TIME!...Hmmm... :D OH BOY!! :wub:

Yeah, I hear ya. I went thru 7 years of pure hell with both my exes back in the 80's.

Seriously thought about shooting both of them but never got around to it. hehe

Now its all good. Those days are long gone.

My kids are all grown and have kids of their own and I get to play with my grandbabies.

The first ten years were OK. No, they were pretty good really. Then he decided to 'dabble' in crack. He blew thousands of dollars over the next ten years. We're talking about 50 grand or so. I stayed so long because I didn't think I could make it on my own. But it's been almost 2 1/2 years and I'm doing just fine. Wish I would have realized I was stronger than I thought a looong time ago. To me, marriage is one of those 'fool me once' kinda things. I'm done with that shit.

The 6th huh?

...BIG TIME!...Hmmm... :D OH BOY!! :wub:

Yes, BIG TIME. And you're included in my plans. Mind if I forget to invite anyone else? :)

I was happily married to my first wife for 3 years, unfortunatly I was married to her for 17!

:cryss::cryss:

In may I will be married to my 2nd wife for 17 years. ALL happy!!

:wub::wub:

My grandfather always said that there was "nothing better than a good woman and nothing worse than a no good woman".

Damn the old geezer was smart! Too bad it took me so long to get smart!

I was married to the WHORE, BITCH, SLUT, TRAMP, IN BREEDER, (had screwed her cousin a year before we married, while engaged) SKANK for 15 years, found out she was boning my brother, while I was in Singapore working, took me 1 1/2 years to get the whore in the court room, and the night before court, this slut calls me and begs me to stop the divorce, and that she was in her sexual prime. Bitch must have been, but not with me. Needless to say, to get rid of that trash, gave her the house, car, 4 savings accounts, which I didn't know about, checking account and kids, but she got the honor of paying for the house. So after over $300K in debt, I had no choice but to file, been digging out of that hole for 16 years, and with the help of my current wife, and REAL PARTNER in life, that is so tight with money, she'll squeeze a knickle until the buffalo hollers, we are in 1000% better shape than I ever thought possible.

Hey, EVERYBODY is intitled to one really good screw up, just glad I made mine early. Racegal, Once bitten, twice shy. Don't look, he'll find you, as my Honey found me, but in an indirect way. God works in strange ways, that we are not to question, only to accept.

I was married to the WHORE, BITCH, SLUT, TRAMP, IN BREEDER, (had screwed her cousin a year before we married, while engaged) SKANK for 15 years, found out she was boning my brother, while I was in Singapore working, took me 1 1/2 years to get the whore in the court room, and the night before court, this slut calls me and begs me to stop the divorce, and that she was in her sexual prime. Bitch must have been, but not with me. Needless to say, to get rid of that trash, gave her the house, car, 4 savings accounts, which I didn't know about, checking account and kids, but she got the honor of paying for the house. So after over $300K in debt, I had no choice but to file, been digging out of that hole for 16 years, and with the help of my current wife, and REAL PARTNER in life, that is so tight with money, she'll squeeze a knickle until the buffalo hollers, we are in 1000% better shape than I ever thought possible.

Hey, EVERYBODY is intitled to one really good screw up, just glad I made mine early. Racegal, Once bitten, twice shy. Don't look, he'll find you, as my Honey found me, but in an indirect way. God works in strange ways, that we are not to question, only to accept.

Damn, sorry to hear that. After all that was done to me, I did everything I could to split things with him. Gave him half of the kitchen stuff, towels and the like. I didn't want to screw him over. I just wanted out. But I did get the riding lawmower, the push mower, the weed wacker and the chainsaw. Chainsaw? WTF am I supposed to do with that? I lost my house and car. No, he didn't get them, the bank did. But I got my son. Most important thing in my life.

I don't have to look. He already found me. I have my sweetheart. I just still don't want to get married again and I don't think he does either (sorry, I don't mean to speak for anyone else). But I will admit I never say never to anything.

I do know one thing. Things happen for a reason. It's just sometimes just not ours to know. Maybe He meant for this to happen so I could meet Cobra. Who knows?

The 7 years of Hell I was talking about was after I divorced my 2nd wife. From '72 till '87, I was a clerk for the railroad and got paid the 1st and the 15th of each month and brought home 4 or 5 hundred maybe. The ex wives got $610 of that. I didn't mind paying child support. I didn't want my children to do without anything but when you try to live on a few hundred dollars a month, you are going to get behind in your child support payments. Its a given. They both knew, when I would get behind, that I would catch up if they left me alone but both of them would take me to court. Then I would have to hire a $500 lawyer with money I didn't have. Then I would have to pay their lawyer something. Once, one of those weasel-faced bastards pissed me off in court. I kept telling myself to stay cool that if he pissed me off, I loose. Well, the whole court knew he pissed me off. After that, I had 30 days to pay him, 3 months later, I was ready to pay him and I was also ready to break his face. I was going to knock his ass out thru his office window and watch him fall down to the street. I told my roomie that I would be in jail within an hour and to not expect me back. I nursed my attitude all the way down town and in the elevator up to his office. I went in and asked for whatever his name was. This little cutie said that he was in court and could she help me. I gave her my money, tucked my tail between my legs, beaten again, and went home. ha. I belonged to 4 credit unions and had all four maxed out. That made it even harder to pay my child support. It got so bad that the cheif clerk had a code he would use over the radio to let me know there was a paper server to see me. I didn't have a car for 3 years and depended on whoever I was living with to take me to work. I couldn't afford to live by myself. The guys I roomed with were co-workers in the same boat I was in. The last one, Ron, had a house (dump) and a couple of trailers and we couldn't afford all 3 utilities so in the summer we did without gas and took cold showers and in the winter we did without electricity and ran a extension cord to the trailer next door to run a lamp and the fridge. I finally sold the RR my seniority to keep from getting transferred to St. Louis. I would have never got to see my kids then. Paid off all my debt.

Did a few years of low paying jobs until I got this one I have now making more than I ever have. My daughters by then were old enough to choose who they wanted to live with and I got them, their mother never paid me a cent in child support. And I never said a word.

Kids grew up. got married, had their own kids. It's been smooth sailing ever since.

Damn I know how it is from a childs point of view but I'm glad that is all I had to go thru. My parents split when I was 10 and it was PURE HELL til I was 17 and left home. I'm so very happy that my current pending divorce does not have to include breaking the hearts of any children. My own was enough...

Time goes on and people heal and get their financial situation back on track eventually. But the children are the ones who suffer the most in a bad breakup. I'm scarred for life. :killer:

Here's an easy test:

Put the following in used 1 gallon milk jug and leave it to sit in the sun:

- half pound of raw puree chicken

- cup of goat milk

- couple cat turds from a flower bed

Let it stew for a week, then crack the lid and have a wiff, then have a wiff of your BO and mouth odor

If the contents of the milk jug seem at all "pleasant", then I'd say there's a good chance you're a zombie :devil:

LOL