converting an existing FCG for pistol grip

is there any info on converting the exisitng FCG for use in a converted saiga 12, the reason I ask is because finding people to ship from the U.S is really hard , does anyone know why ? is there a way around it ?

thanks

it will not work. i tried, it would take a LOT of work... more work then its worth, the factory trigger uses a bar type thing to activate the trigger. there are a few people selling tapco FCG's on various boards, im sure someone would ship to you if you covered the costs. what country are you located in? i ordered an extra G2 and shepards crook retainer plate and i dont want it. id let you have it for what i paid, plus shipping if its really THAT hard for you to get a G2.

Edited by jaak
ook thanks ill get back to you on that , are you talking about the whole FCG ?

in from new zealand

thanks

also what do they cost

yeah, the hammer, disconnector and trigger. you would need to keep your disconnector spring. the trigger group is 34.99 from tapco and the axis pin retainer(needed to mod mine to fit, no biggie though) the axis pin retainer costs 11.99 if you buy it seperately, the one im picking up from tapco tomorrow is like 47.96 i think they told me for the G2 trigger group and axis pin retainer. the pin retainer makes it so quick to install, except i had to figure out i needed to enlarge the hole(wouldnt line up properly) and then grind it down a little so the bolt would slide smoothly on the rails. NZ isnt a problem, ive shipped bigger things then a FCG before. just make sure its legal for you to get those parts.

all prices in USD

Edited by jaak
is there any info on converting the exisitng FCG for use in a converted saiga 12, the reason I ask is because finding people to ship from the U.S is really hard , does anyone know why ? is there a way around it ?

thanks

We have the same problem in the UK (in fact I think the problem is everywhere except the US as they won't export anything now!)

However, there are ways around the problem. My gunsmith said he had fitted a standard AK trigger group and that worked just fine. There must be people in NZ with AK's? The other option would be to ask a friend in the US to post one to you or if someone from NZ is there on holiday/business to bring things back. I don't know about NZ laws but it is totally legal to buy them in the UK without restriction. Might also be worthwhile trying Rusmilitary in the UK plus there are some other dealers in Europe and I think one in Finland so maybe send a few emails off and see if any can help?

As new models come with a pistol grip, is there an importer into NZ as it would then become just a spare part?

thanks

We have the same problem in the UK (in fact I think the problem is everywhere except the US as they won't export anything now!)

However, there are ways around the problem. My gunsmith said he had fitted a standard AK trigger group and that worked just fine. There must be people in NZ with AK's? The other option would be to ask a friend in the US to post one to you or if someone from NZ is there on holiday/business to bring things back. I don't know about NZ laws but it is totally legal to buy them in the UK without restriction. Might also be worthwhile trying Rusmilitary in the UK plus there are some other dealers in Europe and I think one in Finland so maybe send a few emails off and see if any can help?

As new models come with a pistol grip, is there an importer into NZ as it would then become just a spare part?

Hi random sylvester and I both have the same problem, I have talked with a arms officer and it is 100% ok for us to import semi fcg,nz customs are sweet with it to. We do have aks in NZ but they are v expensive(around NZ$2000). The local gun shop has a second hand fgc that they want NZ$300 for :chris: They are one of the saiga importers as well but they dont seem to keen on parts.

jaak-if your willing to ship a g2 im v v v keen!

thanks

Hi random sylvester and I both have the same problem, I have talked with a arms officer and it is 100% ok for us to import semi fcg,nz customs are sweet with it to. We do have aks in NZ but they are v expensive(around NZ$2000). The local gun shop has a second hand fgc that they want NZ$300 for :chris: They are one of the saiga importers as well but they dont seem to keen on parts.

jaak-if your willing to ship a g2 im v v v keen!

ill ship it, just cover shipping charges... i have to pick it up on monday, i couldnt today with all the traffic due to the final four in town.