Buying a Saiga 308

Hey I got the saiga 12 and I love it.

I am really interested now in building a saiga 308 and buying an aftermarket stock set, and putting a scope and scope mount on it.

Where can I get one for cheap? I would really prefer the 22 inch barrel.

I've looked around and I've seen them from like 350 all the way up to 650 dollars..... common I know they are not that expensive.

Any help is awesome.

Thanks, Tom

I bought my 16 inch back in January at a local gun show for something like $320, now I see them no less than $350-$375. Sometimes some clown will try to get $400 or more for one.

Anyway, I suggest looking at your local gun shows. Then treat yourself to some of that cheap Aussie ammo one finds at the gun shows around here and have fun with a great gun.

I have $425.00 in the converted rifle as it sits w/o the scope. I did the conversion myself with the FSE trigger group and non folding Krinkov type stock (all american made) with the Tapco SAW pistol grip. I must say, it came out looking like a factory made rifle. I have only put 100 or so rounds through it. I would sell it for $400 firm which I think is a fair deal because new ones are $300 and up at most places and the parts are going to run you $150. I would sell the scope for $150.00 in addition. I paid $199+shipping for it 1.5 months ago from freedom optics. And yes it is sighted in at 100 yards to be 1 inch high. I will snap some pics this evening and e-mail them to you.

Edited by red99cobra