How long all of our edit button be availible in each post?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How long of an edit delay should we have for our posts here?

• Ten minutes
    • Thirty minutes
    • Two hours
    • 12 hours
    • Twenty Four hours
    • One week

No, man! That would take away the right of reading "incomprehensible gibberish" and we cannot have that!!!

The edit button is back ON with no restrictions!!!

and FYI. in FULL reply, NOT the fast reply. there IS a spell checker. look in the upper right corner for the ABC box with a checkmark.

???? Not on my screen.

If overediting is becoming a problem in the for sale section couldn't there just be some new rules added? I know you guys just did that and probably don't want to add more, and I know that people don't always follow the rules, but... I don't know, just a thought I guess.

This isn't something worth getting upset about. As long as this forum remains informative and interesting, I'll keep reading and posting.

Edited by ArcFault

To Cobra:

1. I have read your message loud and clear the first time!

2. If you want to say somthing to me, say it to me, not to "Max and Ben" - thank you for subdividing the forum the way you see fit!!!

3. Being a moderator, you knew the very "reasons" for the limit to begin with as it was discussed between the moderators prior to implementation.

You knew that the sole and none other reason for this limit was not to have the "incomprehensible gibberish" posts, and not limit anyone's freedom in anyway.

If you had any questions or were unclear about something you could have asked me directly - of all people you know how to get in touch with me! (obviously you just do not want to!)

It is very lovely to see you play this fucking game again with how "you care only about the people" speeches making indirect implies for everyone to read that I, retarded European, am the "bad guy" imposing unnecessary limits, and you, the "hero", did not have a clue about any of this!

As I said, to me, your first message was very clear!

...And as I said before, the edit button is back ON with no restrictions!

I was just poking fun at SuA, our resident Belgian. And NOWHERE did I say y'all were dumb in any way. I was simply noting that European society in general favors regulation more than north american society does. There's no need to paint me as some sort of a bigot, thank you very much!

and for the record, i have no problem with belgium, Where would we be without waffles and Hercule Poirot ? edit: (another attempt at humor that will no doubt be a resounding failure to certain audiences)

no offense taken from this side of the pond. i wanted to come up with a retort for your original message, but didn't want to derail this thread so i ducked & covered instead.

PS: you forgot belgian beer, FN Herstal and 'french' fries. very important, my friend. :smoke:

And Belgian chocolate. C'mon, can't pass that up.

As for the topic, it's not worth a fight.

If I leave a word out or type it twice in a row row & can't go back & fix it later, I don't really care. I'm kinda used to looking like an idiot now & then.

After all I've been living proof that something stupid is about to happen when a redneck says "Hey y'all, watch this!". :wacko::blink:

Thanks Makc - I love you! :wub: mucho appreciated!

I realize why it was turned off, but I'm glad it's back on.

Thanks for the words too Cobra - you need to get a handle on the racegal chick though.

Between being a Waltrip fan & supporting the no-editing thing she needs a stiff backhand!

(I kid, I kid! :angel: ) - Mikey's cool :unsure:

edited: because I can!!!

Edited by dinzag

I had a thought. If I'm outta line, let me know. But can you leave the edit button on the tech sections but limit it on the rest that isn't tech? There has to be a happy medium. I think debate is a healthy thing but this is turning into an argument and I hate to see that among friends. JMHO

:lolol: I'm just jerking your chain...we're cool. I wasn't bashing your opinion.

I've been used to going back & fixing up my build threads & cleaning up & adding stuff.

All of those links in the tech section are just links from the general forum anyhow.

Generally it's been self policed & been fine & I'm resistant to change. The few abusers to the edit thing can have their privilages restricted & the rest of us are still Runnin' Free! (Hit it Steve!!!)

you forget how many times the staff here have dropped the foot here. there has been some pretty damned outrageous shit deleted here. I can testity to that one...

...but most of it all is moderation duties anyway. I dont see why people are even complaining about the change that was UN made, after a 5 man decision.....

Reason i didnt like the short edits was i went back to update a pic in one of the picture post stickys and couldnt.My poor photo abilitys would be there forever for everyone to see..the horror,the horror :P

:lolol: I'm just jerking your chain...we're cool. I wasn't bashing your opinion.

I've been used to going back & fixing up my build threads & cleaning up & adding stuff.

All of those links in the tech section are just links from the general forum anyhow.

Generally it's been self policed & been fine & I'm resistant to change. The few abusers to the edit thing can have their privilages restricted & the rest of us are still Runnin' Free! (Hit it Steve!!!)

Dude, I haven't even addressed what you said yet! So what's wrong with Mikey? He's cool even though he can't seem to win races. I've been a fan of his since I started watching NASCAR. Seriously, no hard feelings. I was just trying to think of a way to make this problem go away with most people happy. I guess it's a non-issue now.

:up: I like him actually - he's got a good sense of humor.

He's having a bad run at it this year so far.

I'm a big DEI/Gibbs/Chevy - non-Gordon nut...

Did you see the commercial with Mikey, DJ and Sammy Hagar? Man, that was wrong on so many levels! But it shows his sense of humor.

And I'm a big Gibbs fan. Love my Skins. That's what got me going for Tony.

Nope not yet, but I can only imagine... :rolleyes:

:smoke:

Sammy is jammin to 'I Can't Drive 55' and DJ asks Mikey if he can get Sammy to turn it down a bit. Mikey opens a door and asks Sammy if he can turn it down a bit. Sammy says sure. Can you drive any faster? LOL, that's so wrong. <shaking head here>

Edited by Racegal55

I'm not a fair weather fan. Been a skins fan since '82. And it's not quite like being a Lions fan. We've at least won 3 Super Bowls. And been two times more even though we lost those. Better to have played and lost........:)

As for Ricky Bobby, yes, someone tortured me with that movie. That movie could be pretty good with headphones on and the music cranked. I liked the standard you hear in NASCAR. 2nd place is just the first loser. :)