? about value with capture papers

I just have a question about what your thoughts might be on the value of a gun. I have a Dreyse 7.65 pocket pistol with a good amount of blood pitting, but still functional. I have also have capture papers from the Army stating the date it was taken and giving the soldier authorization to return with the gun. I got an offer from a lgs for 150 or 200 in store credit. I was thinking it seemed reasonable. Any thoughts?

I just have a question about what your thoughts might be on the value of a gun. I have a Dreyse 7.65 pocket pistol with a good amount of blood pitting, but still functional. I have also have capture papers from the Army stating the date it was taken and giving the soldier authorization to return with the gun. I got an offer from a lgs for 150 or 200 in store credit. I was thinking it seemed reasonable. Any thoughts?

I have tested many gunshops. And one rule of thumb you should always use, and I don't care what gunshop you go to. If they tell you it is worth a certain dollar amount and show interest in buying it, you can bet your ass that it is worth 2 to 3 times that. I took an old luger with the snail drum and capture papers to a few shops one time to see what they thought it was worth. The higherst I was told the drum was worth was $500. "Guess again, bitch!" is the look I gave them. People would knock each other over to get it from you for $1000. I ended up selling the drum alone for 1300.00. I sold a .25 acp Seecamp for my dad that a "respected" gun shop told him was worth $200. I sold it for over $600. I would do some online reasearch first. I tried to see if any was on Gunbroker for you but there site is down right now. I just checked on GunsAmerica and there is one for sale on there for $450. I'll keep Gunbroker again and some other places. Don't EVER trust a gun shop. ALWAYS do your own research. You can ask a gun shop, just multiply the number by at least 2 if they show the slightest interest in wanting it. They are no better than trying to sell it at a pawn shop.

its too bad that you didnt have the 9mm dreyse. it would be worth several thousand dollars or better.

the guys you are bringing the gun to are looking at the blue book value.

depending WHERE and WHEN it was captured, it will drastically affect the price. if it was a bastogne capture, for instance, it will make a LARGE difference than if it were a sicily capture.