Beware! Elite Firearms in Texas

if you are going to fix it, my advice, if you have to spend money to do it, is to send it to tony. he was a prototype machinist. it might take him a while to turn it around back to you, but the man has an incredible touch with metalwork. Im sure he would like to see what his competition's work looks like, as well. you can also try a local machine shop, and have the foreman do the work on it, but it'll cost ya, Im sure.

you might try a bit of epoxy to level out the blob into a ramp, just to see if that works. probably wont, but it might be an easy way to find out if that is the route to go with.

come to think of it, I have heard SO MUCH bad shit about this company, Im going to pin this fucking topic, and move it to the guest book section. I have half a mind to ban him here, as well. he has a user account here. I have heard what? one or two good stories about them, and a LARGE number of bad ones. people talking about the bad jobs they had done by him is NOT defamation, and I could give two craps what he has to say. this kind of business is bullshit, and people should know about it.

If anyone else out there has had good or bad experiences with them, please, by all means, take a minute and share them.

Holy Crap! I can't believe yall are talking about the same guy I just picked my gun up from. I went with him because he's about 30 min. down the road. Found him about 2 months ago, everytime I have ever talked to him, he's a super nice guy. I had him do a conversion on .308, took him about a month. I'm new, so I will try to post a picture. It turned out awesome, couldn't be happier with it, but you guys are scaring the shit out of me, because I left a S12 for the same configuration. But the Dave I've been talking to seems to be on the up and up and seems to be very proud of his work and from what I saw of his work on hand, I was very impressed. I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with him, but if the S12 turns out to be as good as my .308, I will be doing more business with him for sure. Like I said, he is just down the road, so I have been doing business with him in person. I would love to have a Tromix, I'll will try to get on the waiting list for '09.

Edited by OVERKILL
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well well, as I figured from my first post that USED TAMPONS like SHANDLANOS would make stupid comments, like the one he did, and that is exactaly why I put that comment in my post. As for me not mak

anything that has the word "Mill" is going to cost more than the word "Drill" That's a given.

Not throwing anything your way, but that is a very strange 1st post.   1911

Posted Images

if you are going to fix it, my advice, if you have to spend money to do it, is to send it to tony. he was a prototype machinist. it might take him a while to turn it around back to you, but the man has an incredible touch with metalwork. Im sure he would like to see what his competition's work looks like, as well. you can also try a local machine shop, and have the foreman do the work on it, but it'll cost ya, Im sure.

you might try a bit of epoxy to level out the blob into a ramp, just to see if that works. probably wont, but it might be an easy way to find out if that is the route to go with.

come to think of it, I have heard SO MUCH bad shit about this company, Im going to pin this fucking topic, and move it to the guest book section. I have half a mind to ban him here, as well. he has a user account here. I have heard what? one or two good stories about them, and a LARGE number of bad ones. people talking about the bad jobs they had done by him is NOT defamation, and I could give two craps what he has to say. this kind of business is bullshit, and people should know about it.

If anyone else out there has had good or bad experiences with them, please, by all means, take a minute and share them.

You forgot to write something in your post :up: .

• 2 weeks later...

Not with them, but someone else, he sells on GunBrokers, I don't know how his feedback is positive and everyone rants and raves about his rifles, I even gave him a positive feedback, which was very premature, but that was before I took it to the range and field stripped it, "What a disater the inside of that rifle was"..

I don't know if I can mention names on here, and I'm not the type of person that likes hurting a business, but I feal obligated to speak my mind seeing how I spent $950 for a rifle from a manufacturer a couple months back, when I got it it wouldn't shoot at all, and the internals were full of grease, dirt, and carbon, this person claimed the rifle was brand new and built by him, If I wanted a crude greasy rifle I would have bought a WASR and saved $600, at least that would have worked the first time I shot it.. Anyways, point being, 1 month later, I end up getting my rifle back from repairs from him, at this point I'm furious, but I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with the guy, I'll just Warn you all, and let it be your decision if you happen to come across his shit..

After I got it back from repairs I took it to the range and it worked, but at this point the rifle looks as used as hell, on a finish stand point. Just want to warn all my brothers and sisters, let me know Moderator if I'm free to speak, I would love to save someone their hard earned dollars from being flushed down the toilet.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen some of Dave's work first hand that was really good. One of the most difficult S-12 conversions you can do is a Russian folding stock with the forward latch and the rear release / safety button. I have had some correspondence with him that was really bad. He was very rude and hard to get along with and I am not the type to not get along with good people. I have also seen some accounts (with pictures) of some of the work that came out of his shop that SUCKED! Now I'm sure that it wasn't Diamond Dave who actually butchered those guns, probably someone who was unhappy working for him and just punching a timeclock maybe...

:unsure:

I will say though, that he has definitely turned out some very nice conversions and has the ability to do them when he really wants to....

wow. i just gave this guy a boatload of money. hopefully since i paid with a credit card, if my custom s-12 is junk ill just dispute the charges and fight back....

And credit card companies know business law, product fails to meet specifications, buyer gets money back. It hasn't taken me any effort in the past.

I just wanted to give folks a heads up on this dealer. The business is Elite Firearms in Hurst/Euless, Texas. He is pushing converted Saiga's on gunbroker and Guns America. After purchasing a weapon from him in the past the gun turned out to be put together poorly with damaged/rusted parts. After contacting him about it he refused to do anything about it. He stated all surplus parts have some pit rust on them and all sales are final. He is an obvious turd and any conversions should be purchased from TROMIX! I learned a valuable lesson on that deal!

if the weapon is not 922r compliant (Foreign parts) , report him to the BATF. that law has to be good for something. There might even be a reward

• 3 weeks later...

Well, My latest S12 conversion for my brother has the gas ports misaligned, I dont have the tool and know-how to fix the problem. So my bro took the gun to Elite firearms to have the problem fixed. Apparently his idea is to mill a channel in the gas plug to allow more gas to flow through, instead of pressing the block and drilling/making holes bigger.

What do you guys think of this as a fix for the gun?

I just found this thread, elite dave is one of three dealers I said have been buying up all the s-12's on gunbroker. as soon as they post he hits buy it now if it is in the 500-600 range and then just puts a grip and what sounds like crap parts for the 922. and sells them for 1000 not even a folder! another company sells them exactly like the weapons in the group buy are getting parts wise and they want 1800 and are selling the crap out of them.

IF YOU BOUGHT A WEAPON FROM HIM YOU BETTER MAKE DARN SURE THE FIRE CONTROL GROUP IS 922R SUCH AS A G2 FCG. IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW THAT IS YOUR HAMMER,TRIGGER AND DISCONNECTOR and make sure the grip is USA

BTW if you are wanting to do a conversion on your weapon it is very easy to buy a standard g2 set and modify the hammer yourself. I will post some pics to the thread were guys are converting to 922r. why pay 50 bucks for 25 dollar parts that can be altered correctly in 10 minutes with a set of calipers and proper grinding.

these guys are getting rich off others lack of know how. we need to change that now. the conversion process is monkey science. if I can do it anyone can. hell I had trouble setting my front site up on my iz108. it was an easy job that took a few words to explain and I had it. the conversion is just as easy.

GUYS,DONT PAY TO DO WHAT IS EASY AND REWARDING WORK YOU CAN DO YOURSELF. YOU WILL ALWAYS CARRY THAT PRIDE.

If you dont work on your own weapon dont waste your time in the BUGOUT BAG, BUGOUT THREADS SHTF because you are going to die if you dont try.....

Best Regards David

David,

By the looks of the completely botched up conversions that I receive all the time, not everyone "can just do it". You are not doing anyone a favor when they end up with their gun in pieces and all fucked up.

If the person is handy with tools, its not a problem. But I have physical proof that not everyone is handy enough to get the job done in any reasonable fashion.

Tony

I have to agree with Tony on this...no surprise huh?

Some retards can't even be trusted with a screwdriver, much less a dremel.

People who make money converting Saigas EARN every last cent. There are those who do it fairly, unlike dave, and don't use shitty century parts in their conversions. Also unlike dave, there are people out there who stand behind their work 110% and are very proud of it. To someone who has never even ventured as far as to change out the furniture on an SKS for example, it is a good feeling knowing they are getting a professional job done with a guarantee of satisfaction.

Not everyone is a ripoff artist like dave.

Also...if someone wants to buy a stock S-12 and do a nice conversion on it, then sell it at a fair price to fund another build, I don't see anything wrong with that. That's the American way.

:angel: I've got to agree with Tony and Cobra. I have no interest in working on a conversion. I have no time to do it. Yes, if I could do it, I would be proud of a job well done. But, some people just don't have the skills, tools or time to convert a Saiga. Unfortunately for me, I fall in that category. Fortunately, like many of you, I can pay to have a Professional do it. That is the American way.

WJ

:angel: I've got to agree with Tony and Cobra. I have no interest in working on a conversion. I have no time to do it. Yes, if I could do it, I would be proud of a job well done. But, some people just don't have the skills, tools or time to convert a Saiga. Unfortunately for me, I fall in that category. Fortunately, like many of you, I can pay to have a Professional do it. That is the American way.

WJ

God bless America

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I called this guy today and he was a complete asshole on the phone. He'll never have my business.

We have purchased 3 Saiga's and 2 AMD-65's from Dave and have been pleased with his work. He can be difficult to deal with, but I live 15 minutes from his office. He is better if you make an appt with him thru his secretary.

6as

David,

By the looks of the completely botched up conversions that I receive all the time, not everyone "can just do it". You are not doing anyone a favor when they end up with their gun in pieces and all fucked up.

If the person is handy with tools, its not a problem. But I have physical proof that not everyone is handy enough to get the job done in any reasonable fashion.

Tony

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry231413

Case in point.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased this Saiga 308-1 rifle, from Elite Firearms in November of 2006, off of gunbroker.com. I have not fired it yet (test fired 20 rounds by Elite Firearms). It functions fine (hand cycling only, so far). Fit and finish is fine for an AK.

It is not a Vepr rifle, but not bad. I have owned a Vepr .308 and a Vepr K .223. I have also owned Bulgarian and a variety of Chinese. I bought the Saiga 308-1, because I wanted to have a "high" capacity Russian AK .308 rifle.

My dealings with Elite Firearms were prompt, professional, and pleasant. I have read about the negatives on Dave's personality and service. I didn't talk to that Dave. So, I will only comment on the one, I know.

I hear good and bad about Elite Firearms. I imagine, some of it is true and some is false. Maybe the good, will become a regular thing for Elite Firearms and his customers, in the now and the future.

post-4930-1212342538_thumb.jpg

post-4930-1212342781.jpg

post-4930-1212342886_thumb.jpg

post-4930-1212344165_thumb.jpg

post-4930-1212344306.jpg

I recently had an experience with Elite Firearms in Hurst tx.

I googled "Shotguns with Detachable Magazines" for home defense, and Elite was one of the sources that came up. Since it was only about 20 miles away I called up and made arrangements to go in and discuss what I was wanting.

Dave was very professional and instructive, patiently explaining and answering all my questions about the S-12.

When I asked him about all the negative words on this forum about Elite he explained his side of the two germane incidents...the individual who received a product with some rust on a part, as well as the other individual whose rifle had a weld deposit to serve as a feed ramp, rather than the installation of a fabricated ramp.

The explanation eased my concerns about Elite Firearms, so I ordered my S-12 and received it 4 weeks later. In the interim I had a couple more ideas I wanted done. When I asked Dave about them when I went in to pick up the completed gun, Dave was completely agreeable to do them even though I was there to pick up the order. He completed the other things I wanted done and I picked up the customized S-12 a week later. The starting point was Elite's Fold-Under version.

Have'nt fired it yet still tinkering around with some other things..another rail, folding foregrip etc.

The trigger pull is sweet...he did the Short Reset Trigger mod, amongst others.

For me, there were absolutely no problems, defects, rude mannerisms or any other of the bad results I have read of here and on the other forum. It is a good thing to have an expert gunsmith around. Also, I had not been aware that silencers were perfectly legal gun accessories before.

• 1 month later...

I could use some help with my dealing with Dave at Elite Firearms. I purchased a rifle that Dave was selling on Gunbrokers.com. His reserve was never met. I contacted him and arranged a purchase price which was agreeable to us both. The problem arose when the gun arrived at my gun dealer. Dave advertised the gun as a "THIS IS NOT A U.S. MADE GALIL 18" BARREL, BAYO LUG, LOOKS UNFIRED. COMES WITH (4) 35 ROUND ISREALI MAGAZINES AND (1) AR 15 MAG ADAPTOR. IN A HARD CASR." THE NEGOIATED PRICE WAS $2100.00. Gunbrokers auction # 105302422. The Galil is a built gun off a IMI Sporter received with Mossberg milled off and a parts kt with non chrome lined barrel. The rifle was also a 16" barrel with no bayo lug. The gun had alot of improper parts for a oem Galil and parts were falling off when I received it. I tried numerous times to reach Dave w/o any luck. Spoke to Dave's secratary who told me sorry, no refunds. I then explained my concerns and described the gun. I was told vis email under Daves address to go to hell. I then received a email from Dave apologizing for his secratary's comments. Dave offered me a refund. I sent him a email accepting his refund offer and advised If he likes I would accept a $650 partial refund also and keep the gun if he likes. Dave has never responded to my email. I have since sent him 2 addt'l emails without any response. Where do I need to go from here to get this resolved. How should I proceed. Your recommendations would be appreciated as I am new to this hobby. Thank You in advance for any help.

...that silencers were perfectly legal gun accessories before.

Wow. No, not exactly. The are NFA iems and are controlled in much the same way as machine guns. You can own one in Texas, but there are some legal hoops to jump through.

Well, hopefully you made payment with a credit card and your timeframe for disputing the charges has not expired. If that is not the case, if I were you, I would try to learn to love your new gun, worthless P.O.S. though it may be.

-Oh, and if someone offers you a refund, jump on it. That is not the time to negotiate a compromise.

Maybe you could put an ad in GunBroker for the gun, describing it as the POS it is, and also describing how you came to acquire it...Maybe that would prompt "Diamond Dave" to come off of "high-center"....

guido2 in Houston

I could use some help with my dealing with Dave at Elite Firearms. I purchased a rifle that Dave was selling on Gunbrokers.com. His reserve was never met. I contacted him and arranged a purchase price which was agreeable to us both. The problem arose when the gun arrived at my gun dealer. Dave advertised the gun as a "THIS IS NOT A U.S. MADE GALIL 18" BARREL, BAYO LUG, LOOKS UNFIRED. COMES WITH (4) 35 ROUND ISREALI MAGAZINES AND (1) AR 15 MAG ADAPTOR. IN A HARD CASR." THE NEGOIATED PRICE WAS $2100.00. Gunbrokers auction # 105302422. The Galil is a built gun off a IMI Sporter received with Mossberg milled off and a parts kt with non chrome lined barrel. The rifle was also a 16" barrel with no bayo lug. The gun had alot of improper parts for a oem Galil and parts were falling off when I received it. I tried numerous times to reach Dave w/o any luck. Spoke to Dave's secratary who told me sorry, no refunds. I then explained my concerns and described the gun. I was told vis email under Daves address to go to hell. I then received a email from Dave apologizing for his secratary's comments. Dave offered me a refund. I sent him a email accepting his refund offer and advised If he likes I would accept a $650 partial refund also and keep the gun if he likes. Dave has never responded to my email. I have since sent him 2 addt'l emails without any response. Where do I need to go from here to get this resolved. How should I proceed. Your recommendations would be appreciated as I am new to this hobby. Thank You in advance for any help.

Received an email from Dave at Elite Firearms today. Dave apologized for any problems with the gun and agreed to give me a full refund including return shipping and my FFL charges. I had the gun shop ship Dave the gun this morning. Hope now I receive my refund in a timely manner. It appears Dave resolved this issue in an honest, honorable manner. Thanks to all of you for your assistance and recommendations. Bob Q.

...that silencers were perfectly legal gun accessories before.

Wow. No, not exactly. The are NFA iems and are controlled in much the same way as machine guns. You can own one in Texas, but there are some legal hoops to jump through.

Right. "After" doing the legal loop jumping they are a perfectly legal firearm accessory. I wonder if one has to have some sort of paperwork with him at the public range or elsewhere with a class 3 device...suppressor, SBS etc?

Anyone know about that?