Beware! Elite Firearms in Texas

It's actually not a legal requirement to have the paperwork with you, but the NFA item must be registered to you.

I have no idea how you would prove that, if you didn't have any paperwork with you.

Your NFA item would probably be confiscated until you showed proof of registration or the PD confirmed it with the ATF NFA Branch.

Tony

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well well, as I figured from my first post that USED TAMPONS like SHANDLANOS would make stupid comments, like the one he did, and that is exactaly why I put that comment in my post. As for me not mak

anything that has the word "Mill" is going to cost more than the word "Drill" That's a given.

Not throwing anything your way, but that is a very strange 1st post.   1911

Posted Images

It's actually not a legal requirement to have the paperwork with you, but the NFA item must be registered to you.

I have no idea how you would prove that, if you didn't have any paperwork with you.

Your NFA item would probably be confiscated until you showed proof of registration or the PD confirmed it with the ATF NFA Branch.

Tony

Thot so. Thanks, Tony. If SBS w/your silencer ever makes its way to mkt would want to take it to local range.

Right. "After" doing the legal loop jumping they are a perfectly legal firearm accessory. I wonder if one has to have some sort of paperwork with him at the public range or elsewhere with a class 3 device...suppressor, SBS etc?

Anyone know about that?

Yes, believe a copy of the Form 1 or 4 should accompany the registrant/firearm whenever transported, used, or sent to a gunsmith for work. Might not be a legal requirement but bet you'd run across somebody who'd give you grief or worse.

• 2 weeks later...
Right. "After" doing the legal loop jumping they are a perfectly legal firearm accessory. I wonder if one has to have some sort of paperwork with him at the public range or elsewhere with a class 3 device...suppressor, SBS etc?

Anyone know about that?

Yes, believe a copy of the Form 1 or 4 should accompany the registrant/firearm whenever transported, used, or sent to a gunsmith for work. Might not be a legal requirement but bet you'd run across somebody who'd give you grief or worse.

Anyone know about that?

Well, I'm here to advise that "Diamond dave Michener" is now known as "Dead Beat Dave Michener" Dave has sent me 3 emails in the last 3 weeks that my refund check is in the mail. Still no check. I have reported Dave and Elite Firearms to the Fort Worth Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney Generals Office, Consumer Protection Division, and filed complaints for fraud and deception. Dave may want to call himself "Coal Dave Michener" as coal is what a diamond is made of over time, pressure and heat. It is obvious Dave is incapable of doing the honest and ethical thing while under the heat and pressure to just make money and screw his customers. Poor Dave, he had a chance to prove his critics wrong.

• 1 month later...

I received a letter from the Fort Worth Better Business Bureau yesterday. Dave at Elitefirearms finally responded to their 3rd request letter. Dave stated this matter has been all resolved and that he has paid me for a complete refund. Dave's reply was dated 9/16. To date, I still have not received any money from Dave. Is there any length Dave will go to in order not to pay for what he owes? This man is amazing!!! Well I have to now see has he handles this with my attorney and the prososed law suit if this is not resolved very soon.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to the Hurst Police Dept. today. They have spoken to Dave at Elite Firearms. Dave has advised them that he has paid me 1/2 of what he owes me so far and that the problem has been re4solved!!! I still have not received any money from this POS and have not had any contact with him since my last post. How big a hole can someone dig for themself and expect to climb out of? I can't beleive what this has turned into, and still this man does business oin G.B.

Sorry to hear about your issues, Unfortunately In my business I have to sue people all the time. 9 times out of 10 if you spend the $300 dollars to file the suite upon receiving notification he will settle. You will also be reimbursed your filing fees if you claim them along with damages in your suite, the other advise is follow-up all claims made with a paper trail and supporting docs and emails ( save everything related to your case this is your ammunition!) GOOD LUCK...

I have to agree with Tony on this...no surprise huh?

Some retards can't even be trusted with a screwdriver, much less a dremel.

People who make money converting Saigas EARN every last cent. There are those who do it fairly, unlike dave, and don't use shitty century parts in their conversions. Also unlike dave, there are people out there who stand behind their work 110% and are very proud of it. To someone who has never even ventured as far as to change out the furniture on an SKS for example, it is a good feeling knowing they are getting a professional job done with a guarantee of satisfaction.

Not everyone is a ripoff artist like dave.

Also...if someone wants to buy a stock S-12 and do a nice conversion on it, then sell it at a fair price to fund another build, I don't see anything wrong with that. That's the American way.

I'm not using this dealer but I have sent my new Saiga 12 to a gunsmith. After reading this post I decided to ask if the TCG, which he keeps on hand, is made by Century or not. I expect to hear back in the next day or two. What's wrong with Century parts? How can I know if they are the ones used in a conversion?

For that matter, what documentation should I ask for from my gunsmith doing the upgrade for me for proof of 922r compliance?

Wow! I am glad I joined this forum and read this thread. I just bought my 308 Saiga at Cheaper than Dirt in FTW and was given a card by the salesman from Elite Firearms to receive $25 off a conversion. Glad I didn't contact him.

You and me both. Cadiz ( Mrs. Vickie ) was a pleasure to deal with. Tromix (Tony ) & Rifle D. (Jim) seemed very up front and honest. THANK YOU !! Even though they could not take my orders at present I am sure we will do business in the future. I winded up going with Red Jacket and hope to NOT have any more bad experiences with dishonorable FFL or builder types. I have lost more money from believing people that were supposed to be professionals than what I care to mention. The last guy filed chapter 11 / 13 on me.

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I am a new user & am glad to be a part of this community. Just wanted to give my oppinion on Dave. I have bought about 12 different rifles from him ranging from typical AK's to Galil rifles. All have been of excellent quality & any that have had issues (blemishes on finish, bad rivet head etc) were fixed with no problems. His service is slow at times but he is a one man show and gets behind. I have never been cheated by him and most people I have met , who go to his shop and meet him & buy are quite pleased. He built me a 5.45x39 Galil and it is THE BEST rifle I have EVER owned. He is working on a 5.45x39 AMD 65 for me now. His custom work is excellent. I have bought from many of the places that are listed on here as experts and none of the products I received were any better than what I received from Dave. Im sure the typical replies of being "a plant" for Dave or one of many of the names and derogatory coments I have read here will be shot my way for posting a favorable comment about him, but thats ok. Thanks for letting me post.

No offense GermanRifle, but I have my doubts about Elite Firearms. I had one inadvertent dealing with Dave via Gunbroker and, well, to put it kindly, the deal was not successfully completed. Personally, I would simply stay away from anything which says "Elite firearms" on it, near it, over it, under it, (well, you get the idea).

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

Hello again all. Yes it is not quite the first post I wanted to add. The main reason I added it is because when I went to the forum, I saw his name at the top of the list of postings. So, I just wanted to put my comments on his work that I received. Again, I am happy that I can post my dealings...good or bad. Thanks again guys.

Edited by GermanRifle
  • 5 weeks later...
I just wanted to give folks a heads up on this dealer. The business is Elite Firearms in Hurst/Euless, Texas. He is pushing converted Saiga's on gunbroker and Guns America. After purchasing a weapon from him in the past the gun turned out to be put together poorly with damaged/rusted parts. After contacting him about it he refused to do anything about it. He stated all surplus parts have some pit rust on them and all sales are final. He is an obvious turd and any conversions should be purchased from TROMIX! I learned a valuable lesson on that deal!

Besides cosmetics does your work?

I bought a S-12 from Dave. It was a total and complete disaster. Tony fixed everything and had some nice photos of all the before an after (back when Tony had time to spend 3-4 days on a gun). But I really got screwed on the Dave purchase which was a hack job, and still feel bitter 5 years later...

Here was the email to me at the time going over the repairs that were needed:

"The BHO's just came in and your gun is going into work today. Here's the problems that I found when I pulled it apart.

The picatinney rail is all f**ked up with the screws glued in place with JB weld. The holes are off center in the forend and the whole thing is mounted at a side angle. With a vertical grip on it, the screws would eventually pull out with no nuts on the backside. Also, it angles upward sharply so if you put a light or laser on it, the thing would be pointed up in the trees.

Allen head bolts were used to plug the old trigger pin holes. This was done because Dave does not have a TiG Welder.

Rear trigger guard hole is left open. Dave was unable to plug that particular hole with a bolt, since it would block the installation of the buttstock. Welding eliminates this problem.

Dremel grind marks visible around the hole. He is using a dremel cutoff wheel instead of a right angle sander to smooth out shit on the receiver. Evident by the visible chainsaw looking chatter marks on the bottom of the receiver.

The front trigger guard rivet is off center.

Grip nut hole was cut with a dremel. (pic attached) Looks like sh*t. Dave obviously does not have a milling machine either.

Buttstock is ground off on the sides where it goes into the receiver. This was done to clear the bolts that Dave installed to plug the holes.

Basically, this conversion is a kitchen table affair.

I haven't pressed the gas block off yet, so more to come probably."

Enough said. I have one old picture of the grip hole I have attached.

post-2242-1232497683_thumb.jpg

Edited by hbsseller
  • 2 weeks later...

Now offering translation services...

"Hello all. I am a new user & am glad to be a part of this community. Just wanted to give my oppinion on Dave. I have bought about 12 different rifles from him ranging from typical AK's to Galil rifles. All have been of excellent quality & any that have had issues (blemishes on finish, bad rivet head etc) were fixed with no problems. His service is slow at times but he is a one man show and gets behind. I have never been cheated by him and most people I have met , who go to his shop and meet him & buy are quite pleased. He built me a 5.45x39 Galil and it is THE BEST rifle I have EVER owned. He is working on a 5.45x39 AMD 65 for me now. His custom work is excellent. I have bought from many of the places that are listed on here as experts and none of the products I received were any better than what I received from Dave. Im sure the typical replies of being "a plant" for Dave or one of many of the names and derogatory coments I have read here will be shot my way for posting a favorable comment about him, but thats ok. Thanks for letting me post."

Translated into English, this means:

"Hello I am Dave and my guns are good but you won't believe I am telling the truth if I say I'm Dave so I will pretend that I am not. I am actually a paying customer and apparently I have bought guns from other people who frequent this forum but I will not specify whom because they might contradict me, but their guns were not better. Now I will say that I am not Dave or a plant for Dave once again and because I have stressed this absolute truth nobody will ever suspect me. Now I will take over the world of Saiga conversions and Tromix will be recognized for being much lousier than I am! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Of course, that could be completely off-base, but it's a good enough operating theory.

(Note that, contrary to "be[ing] a part of this community," this fellow has not posted even once since. Hmm...)

Having read multiple testimonies from REAL forum members (not quite all of which were negative, to be fair), and seeing graphic evidence of this man's abuse of Saigas, it looks like even hearing the word "elite" is going to piss me off for a few weeks. What a fuckhead.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well well, as I figured from my first post that USED TAMPONS like SHANDLANOS would make stupid comments, like the one he did, and that is exactaly why I put that comment in my post. As for me not making any other posts, I just use the page to read and get info on new stuff etc. & also see what absolutely retarded comments people on here make about people they have never met. Also love how if one guy gets a bad gun or deal then everyone is on board to kill the dealer or maker, or trash talk. Oh and YES my guns work that I purcased from Dave. GOD FORBID that anyone posts something good about elites conversions & if you do then your a "fukhead". I see that SHANDLANOS has been a member since 08 and has made a whoping 38 posts himself. WOW!! What an old salt posting member!! Im surprised that he can even see to type stupid comments with all the COCKS IN HIS FACE!

Everyone on here is so free with insults, name calling etc & you guys call it a forum. This "forum"should be called

www.SAIGA-12 TRASH TALKING CUNTS.com

Have a great time with this one you bunch of BLOODY TAMPON SUCKING, DONKEY SHIT TACOS.

Edited by GermanRifle

Hello everyone, I cruise around a lot of forums but have never felt the need to post on here until now.

I have never bought a rifle from Dave before however I have seen a lot of his work. Everything I have seen both looked and fired superbly. I honestly dont know what happened or where these rifles in question came from because they look and sound like nothing I have seen come from elite firearms. I will be the first to admit that he is an asshole of epic proportions, he and I have had a few...disagreements to say the least. But the fact remains that I have never seen a shitty rifle with his name on it either in his store or come into my store.

Simmer down there Germanrifle, no need to bring south park style name calling into this.

Well well, as I figured from my first post that USED TAMPONS like SHANDLANOS would make stupid comments, like the one he did, and that is exactaly why I put that comment in my post. As for me not making any other posts, I just use the page to read and get info on new stuff etc. & also see what absolutely retarded comments people on here make about people they have never met. Also love how if one guy gets a bad gun or deal then everyone is on board to kill the dealer or maker, or trash talk. Oh and YES my guns work that I purcased from Dave. GOD FORBID that anyone posts something good about elites conversions & if you do then your a "fukhead". I see that SHANDLANOS has been a member since 08 and has made a whoping 38 posts himself. WOW!! What an old salt posting member!! Im surprised that he can even see to type stupid comments with all the COCKS IN HIS FACE!

Everyone on here is so free with insults, name calling etc & you guys call it a forum. This "forum"should be called

www.SAIGA-12 TRASH TALKING CUNTS.com

Have a great time with this one you bunch of BLOODY TAMPON SUCKING, DONKEY SHIT TACOS.

Ummm........aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You have three posts and are criticizing someone with 38 posts for not being 'an old salt'. Anything positive to say about Elite would be more credible and believable if it were stated in a factual and objective manner, but you have lowered yourself to the juvenile level with name calling and ignorant comments, not to mention that you aren't going generate much support by generalizingly calling the other 14000 members here 'cunts.' You have a personal agenda with someone else? Take it private. As a matter of fact I'm gonna give you a little vacation and maybe you can come back in a bit more of a responsible and adult manner.

Hello everyone, I cruise around a lot of forums but have never felt the need to post on here until now.

I have never bought a rifle from Dave before however I have seen a lot of his work. Everything I have seen both looked and fired superbly. I honestly dont know what happened or where these rifles in question came from because they look and sound like nothing I have seen come from elite firearms. I will be the first to admit that he is an asshole of epic proportions, he and I have had a few...disagreements to say the least. But the fact remains that I have never seen a shitty rifle with his name on it either in his store or come into my store.

Simmer down there Germanrifle, no need to bring south park style name calling into this.

There is a problem with "Gets along well with others"...Was impossible to positively establish with Dave "Do I call you and if so about when" or "Do you call me " when to come pick up the finished job. ( I didn't care WHEN it was ready for pick-up time-wise, only that I know positively who was to communicate with whom about the job.)

I quit using Elite only because of the impossibility of communication. One of my jobs sat there for 3 months finished but I was never called, and I had clearly established at the onset with Dave that he was to call me, because he said at that time for me to wait for him to call me, so I did, and when I did call after 3 months for a job he said to expect 1 week on he said "You have to call me bubba, I get busy". My S12 he did is quite nice, no problems. But DAY-YAM trying to determine "Do I call or do you call" just doesn't work, at least in my experience, so I got a Smithy to do my own small jobs with.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem with Dave about a year and a half ago. I had to send him some certified mail. The Texas attorney generals office told me at the time that neither Dave Michener nor Elite Firearms was registered to do business in the state of Texas. He did receive my certified mail and the problem was resolved.

• 5 months later...
if you are going to fix it, my advice, if you have to spend money to do it, is to send it to tony. he was a prototype machinist. it might take him a while to turn it around back to you, but the man has an incredible touch with metalwork. Im sure he would like to see what his competition's work looks like, as well. you can also try a local machine shop, and have the foreman do the work on it, but it'll cost ya, Im sure.

you might try a bit of epoxy to level out the blob into a ramp, just to see if that works. probably wont, but it might be an easy way to find out if that is the route to go with.

come to think of it, I have heard SO MUCH bad shit about this company, Im going to pin this fucking topic, and move it to the guest book section. I have half a mind to ban him here, as well. he has a user account here. I have heard what? one or two good stories about them, and a LARGE number of bad ones. people talking about the bad jobs they had done by him is NOT defamation, and I could give two craps what he has to say. this kind of business is bullshit, and people should know about it.

If anyone else out there has had good or bad experiences with them, please, by all means, take a minute and share them.

Ask and you shall receive. I live in DFW, and he took very good care of me. I had the Saiga 12 back in less time, than quoted. He always was friendly, professional, and does make a great product. I bought a custom Saiga .308 from him. Maybe not the most inexpensive gun on the Saiga Market, but he knows his business. I will pay more for a better product. I know that the companies with banners here provide a quality product as well, but I was raised to give business to the locals first. So, sorry if my compliments to the guy makes people mad, but America is about opportunity and growth.

BTW, before bashing the guy and calling him a hack, read the book by Patrick Sweeney, The Gun Digest, The book of the AK and SKS. Dave is one of the first to make a 7.62 x 39 Galil, fully functional and operational. My Saiga .308 has a stamped receiver, that is the thickness of a milled receiver, and the clearances for the bolt and bolt carrier are just unbelievable. He also put a tactical safety on my SAR-1, while I waited. He also has a unbelievable memory. He remembered by heart, the first time we talked, what I wanted to do with my Saiga 12, down to the specifics, one month later. If that is not good customer service, tell me what is?

So, you wanted some positive feedback, here it is. I support my local people, how about the rest of the others here? There is enough business here to share the wealth. That is what makes America great, right?

Holy Crap! I can't believe yall are talking about the same guy I just picked my gun up from. I went with him because he's about 30 min. down the road. Found him about 2 months ago, everytime I have ever talked to him, he's a super nice guy. I had him do a conversion on .308, took him about a month. I'm new, so I will try to post a picture. It turned out awesome, couldn't be happier with it, but you guys are scaring the shit out of me, because I left a S12 for the same configuration. But the Dave I've been talking to seems to be on the up and up and seems to be very proud of his work and from what I saw of his work on hand, I was very impressed. I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with him, but if the S12 turns out to be as good as my .308, I will be doing more business with him for sure. Like I said, he is just down the road, so I have been doing business with him in person. I would love to have a Tromix, I'll will try to get on the waiting list for '09.

• 1 year later...

As you can see this is my first post to this forum. Although I go by the same username on akfiles and theakforum for several years now. I joined this forum for only one reason. As I don't own a Saiga. I need help dealing with Dave Michener and Elite Firearms.

About a year and a half ago my father purchased an AK pistol from Dave. It was supposed to be a newly built AK on a like new all matching kit. What he got was a cheap black spray painted, non-matching pistol with front sight cant. And a cracked FSB/GB. (As shown in the photo below.) We contacted Dave and made arrangements to return the pistol for repairs. And returned it to Dave. That was over a year ago. Several attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. And my father is out the over $750 he spent on the firearm. I fully intend to deal with Mr. Michener to the full extent of the law. And/or any governing bodies that we may be able to contact. I own a multi-state investigation firm. And hold an FFL01/08 myself.

If anyone has any information that may help us. Or anyway to get in contact with Mr. Michener. Please contact me at moab762@gmail.com.

IMG_2320.jpg