Beware! Elite Firearms in Texas

As you can see this is my first post to this forum. Although I go by the same username on akfiles and theakforum for several years now. I joined this forum for only one reason. As I don't own a Saiga. I need help dealing with Dave Michener and Elite Firearms.

About a year and a half ago my father purchased an AK pistol from Dave. It was supposed to be a newly built AK on a like new all matching kit. What he got was a cheap black spray painted, non-matching pistol with front sight cant. And a cracked FSB/GB. (As shown in the photo below.) We contacted Dave and made arrangements to return the pistol for repairs. And returned it to Dave. That was over a year ago. Several attempts to contact him have gone unanswered. And my father is out the over $750 he spent on the firearm. I fully intend to deal with Mr. Michener to the full extent of the law. And/or any governing bodies that we may be able to contact. I own a multi-state investigation firm. And hold an FFL01/08 myself.

If anyone has any information that may help us. Or anyway to get in contact with Mr. Michener. Please contact me at moab762@gmail.com.

IMG_2320.jpg

Since you obviously have the money and the resources I hope you put this POS out of business for GOOD!! most people in the gun world are honest, straightforward people and the few con men take advantage of that by shitting trusting customers!!!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well well, as I figured from my first post that USED TAMPONS like SHANDLANOS would make stupid comments, like the one he did, and that is exactaly why I put that comment in my post. As for me not mak

anything that has the word "Mill" is going to cost more than the word "Drill" That's a given.

Not throwing anything your way, but that is a very strange 1st post.   1911

Posted Images

I still have not received a repaired firearm or receipt for any refund he says he made. If anyone has the relavent attorney general office (or other info) please pass it along. I guess I will have to sue this guy.

NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DAVE MICHENER OR ELITE FIREARMS.

• 3 weeks later...

So call me a dumb@$$, I plan on visiting the shop soon to purchase a saiga 12. I'm obviously aware of him and Tony's (and alot of other folks) "dispute". I plan to purchase the most basic conversion. I'll get stocks, forearms, grips, brakes later.

From what I read, I would not purchase from him online. But, most all locals seem to have positive things to say about Dave when purchased in person.

What should I check before making a purchase? I figure I'd want to field strip the gun and probably fire it. What specificlly should I look for?

Obviously I'd rather to to Tromix, but I'd like to get my gun before 2013 :S

Any other guys doing Saiga 12's around DFW? Does tac47 have stuff in stock too?

• 1 month later...

So call me a dumb@$$, I plan on visiting the shop soon to purchase a saiga 12. I'm obviously aware of him and Tony's (and alot of other folks) "dispute". I plan to purchase the most basic conversion. I'll get stocks, forearms, grips, brakes later.

From what I read, I would not purchase from him online. But, most all locals seem to have positive things to say about Dave when purchased in person.

What should I check before making a purchase? I figure I'd want to field strip the gun and probably fire it. What specificlly should I look for?

Obviously I'd rather to to Tromix, but I'd like to get my gun before 2013 :S

Any other guys doing Saiga 12's around DFW? Does tac47 have stuff in stock too?

Hi: Your post is semi new so I can try to help you. Elite Firearms is still open for business, in the sense of still having his FFL license. However, his business is internet based only. He does not go to the gunshows, nor does he have anyone running the shop in his absence to make a sale.

If all you are doing is wanting to buy a basic Saiga 12, go to the gunshows in DFW and have it custom made, after the fact. Dave has burned his bridges here in DFW, and will probably not get a lot of business from us locals.

I would call the Gun Zone, in Mesquite, TX. Jeff, a machinist/gunsmith, has extensive experience, and does quality work on the Saigas. Jeff has fixed all the problems that Elite Firearms had left unaddressed on my firearms, made by Elite.

David Michener, when he wanted to, could be a nice person, and could do quality work. Otherwise, the work was unpredictable.

The Saiga 12s are going up in price. Buy one now, before they get too expensive.

• 8 months later...

FYI, Dave Michener has relocated his business and has a new website, for Elite Firearms. Some of the website is not operational. He is charging $419.00 for Saiga conversions.

I will still stick with the Gun Zone and Jeff, for my Saiga and AK repairs.

Hopefully, Elite Firearms will have better luck, no need to elaborate. When he wanted to, he did great work. My AMD 65, turned out nice.

• 3 years later...

if you are going to fix it, my advice, if you have to spend money to do it, is to send it to tony. he was a prototype machinist. it might take him a while to turn it around back to you, but the man has an incredible touch with metalwork. Im sure he would like to see what his competition's work looks like, as well. you can also try a local machine shop, and have the foreman do the work on it, but it'll cost ya, Im sure.

you might try a bit of epoxy to level out the blob into a ramp, just to see if that works. probably wont, but it might be an easy way to find out if that is the route to go with.

come to think of it, I have heard SO MUCH bad shit about this company, Im going to pin this fucking topic, and move it to the guest book section. I have half a mind to ban him here, as well. he has a user account here. I have heard what? one or two good stories about them, and a LARGE number of bad ones. people talking about the bad jobs they had done by him is NOT defamation, and I could give two craps what he has to say. this kind of business is bullshit, and people should know about it.

If anyone else out there has had good or bad experiences with them, please, by all means, take a minute and share them.

I retract anything positive I ever said about David Michener and Elite Firearms... I am sorry for supporting this loser.

Holy Crap! I can't believe yall are talking about the same guy I just picked my gun up from. I went with him because he's about 30 min. down the road. Found him about 2 months ago, everytime I have ever talked to him, he's a super nice guy. I had him do a conversion on .308, took him about a month. I'm new, so I will try to post a picture. It turned out awesome, couldn't be happier with it, but you guys are scaring the shit out of me, because I left a S12 for the same configuration. But the Dave I've been talking to seems to be on the up and up and seems to be very proud of his work and from what I saw of his work on hand, I was very impressed. I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with him, but if the S12 turns out to be as good as my .308, I will be doing more business with him for sure. Like I said, he is just down the road, so I have been doing business with him in person. I would love to have a Tromix, I'll will try to get on the waiting list for '09.

if you are going to fix it, my advice, if you have to spend money to do it, is to send it to tony. he was a prototype machinist. it might take him a while to turn it around back to you, but the man has an incredible touch with metalwork. Im sure he would like to see what his competition's work looks like, as well. you can also try a local machine shop, and have the foreman do the work on it, but it'll cost ya, Im sure.

you might try a bit of epoxy to level out the blob into a ramp, just to see if that works. probably wont, but it might be an easy way to find out if that is the route to go with.

come to think of it, I have heard SO MUCH bad shit about this company, Im going to pin this fucking topic, and move it to the guest book section. I have half a mind to ban him here, as well. he has a user account here. I have heard what? one or two good stories about them, and a LARGE number of bad ones. people talking about the bad jobs they had done by him is NOT defamation, and I could give two craps what he has to say. this kind of business is bullshit, and people should know about it.

If anyone else out there has had good or bad experiences with them, please, by all means, take a minute and share them.

I retract anything positive I ever said about David Michener and Elite Firearms... I am sorry for supporting this loser.

Holy Crap! I can't believe yall are talking about the same guy I just picked my gun up from. I went with him because he's about 30 min. down the road. Found him about 2 months ago, everytime I have ever talked to him, he's a super nice guy. I had him do a conversion on .308, took him about a month. I'm new, so I will try to post a picture. It turned out awesome, couldn't be happier with it, but you guys are scaring the shit out of me, because I left a S12 for the same configuration. But the Dave I've been talking to seems to be on the up and up and seems to be very proud of his work and from what I saw of his work on hand, I was very impressed. I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with him, but if the S12 turns out to be as good as my .308, I will be doing more business with him for sure. Like I said, he is just down the road, so I have been doing business with him in person. I would love to have a Tromix, I'll will try to get on the waiting list for '09.

Maybe he finally has his meds straighten out.