:killer:

Hey, I just bought a new Saiga 20. It seems when I load the 5 round mags full up, it jams every shot. By jam I mean the spent shell "stovepipes". It seems on extraction the empty round jams, with the brass end in the action and the open end out. Now the weird thing is, when I put four rounds in, it goes great. Please help, I have a three gun comp comming up and would like to use it to full capacity.

Thanks,

Autopilot

:evil:

I had a similar problem with my 20 ga, it would only jam with light loads though. Don't hold the gun loose while shooting light loads. Perhaps try a different gas setting? I agree with ZakherBakher, make sure that thing is cleaned up and lubed properly. Mine runs pretty good now, but I don't use light loads anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with my S-20 i've had it jam only a few times (50 rounds through it so far, all while hunting)

it's only happened when im using my 3" (76mm) magazine with 2-3/4" (70mm) shells

basically it doesnt feed the round into the chamber and kinda scrapes the plastic shell...

just thought i'd share that here now that i've got to hunt with it (and shoot it)

edit: i'm using remington super heavy dove 6 shot and havent tried any 3" (76mm) shells

Edited by JesusCow
That is why there are 2 types of mags...  :smoke:

heh, yeah.. well i remember reading somewhere people using the 3" mags to load 2-3/4" and 3" in the same mag and claiming it as an advantage over a tube fed magazine

didnt make sense to me but i assumed i could use 2-3/4" in the 3" mag without ANY problems

..well now i'll strictly use my 2-3/4" mag, where should i order a second (and maybe a third) from?

1. didnt make sense to me but i assumed i could use 2-3/4" in the 3" mag without ANY problems

2. ...well now i'll strictly use my 2-3/4" mag, where should i order a second (and maybe a third) from?

1. Unfortunatelly, this is the story with S-20...

S-12 however uses one type of a mag for both 2-3/4" and 3" rounds...

2. I have heard that CDNN has gone up in price to $23.99 from $18.99, but that is the only place I know to get them... may be eBay? :smoke:

1. Unfortunatelly, this is the story with S-20...

S-12 however uses one type of a mag for both 2-3/4" and 3" rounds...

2. I have heard that CDNN has gone up in price to $23.99 from $18.99, but that is the only place I know to get them... may be eBay?  :smoke:

ah, thx for the quick and informative reply

i guess i'll be dishing out the money for one of those mags since i dont see anywhere else to buy them either and i'd rather not use an auction

ps: pics soon

i have used 2 3/4 high brass in both without any trouble but low brass and wrong gas setting = ________!!!!!!!so set gas and yes clean well powder and fouling is a bane too have fun !!can we put a pistol grip on the saiga 20 ??thxs

...can we put a pistol grip on the saiga 20 ??thxs

Nope! It is the same story as it is with 12! Only *party members* are allowed to have it! It is a No-No for regular people like us!

what the mooo! a class 3 dealer said yes on the grips but many said no so is right ??my 20 is fair on low brass-gas setting on normal ammo but high brass and mag setting all so nice !!!so please high brass or the russian stuff or euro most us ammo is p.c. weak !!