I didn't see the Youtube link that you posted because my connection is SLOW.

Nonetheless, there used to be a reloading site that had lots of film of people getting knocked about by the T-Rex recoil. I sort of got the impression from that site that the T-Rex was for shooting rhino and other large, dangerous, charging game at close range. I suspect it was the poor, underpaid gunbearer/guide's job to carry the cannon around all day, and when the rich clients panic and run, it is the guide's job to take the recoil and save everybody's life.

Nonetheless, there used to be a reloading site that had lots of film of people getting knocked about by the T-Rex recoil. I sort of got the impression from that site that the T-Rex was for shooting rhino and other large, dangerous, charging game at close range. I suspect it was the poor, underpaid gunbearer/guide's job to carry the cannon around all day, and when the rich clients panic and run, it is the guide's job to take the recoil and save everybody's life.

and if the guide misses, he flies on his ass anyway and becomes the primary target of the charging game (thereby saving his rich clients)?

:cryss:

I didn't see the Youtube link that you posted because my connection is SLOW.

Thats correct. It was meant for large game at close quarters when you don't have a chance to aim for a single vitals/kill shot at longer distances.

the site in question

http://accuratereloading.com/

a 577 is for killing elephant and charging rhino, among other big ones. I wish I could afford one in that chambering.

the biggest safari gun I have actually fired was a double rifle holland and holland in 475 h+h. i didnt shoot the second barrel. it was also the most valueable gun Ive ever held, somewher ein the 150k region. that english walnut is really something, I tell ya. not the saving grace of that particular gun, but it is some amazing stuff. you get what you pay for.

I have also shot a 69 cal drilling, but it was a bit different, and not in the same catergory.

a 577 is for killing elephant and charging rhino, among other big ones. I wish I could afford one in that chambering.

So, are you saying it should work fine on Rosie O' if you were unfortunate enough to be between her and a pizza or her dyke lover when she's feeeling horny? :unsure:

So, are you saying it should work fine on Rosie O' if you were unfortunate enough to be between her and a pizza or her dyke lover when she's feeeling horny? :unsure:

no, that's why they made the M2 post-1914-1176246756.gif

Fuck no, for Rosie O you need something like a Vulcan canon on 30 MM depleted uranium.

I wonder if Rosie O' and Kelli Carpenter scissor? :unsure:

come on, you can delete a better message than that one......gaddis

at least *I* know im never shooting no damned 475 hnh again, unless a rhino is charging me AT THE TIME. hahah. go ahead shoot one of em. holy COW that cant be good.

its almost like taking the pain to avoid it.....a trade.

dont say I dint warn ya.

....the closest thing that me personally can think of, is "artillery piece", and that isnt even one word. pull a trigger on one, I DARE YA. boy do those SMART. shoulder cannons.

my advice, is have someone you trust show you how to shoot it before you pull the trigger. those chamberings aint no joke.

I can't imagine a .460 Weatherby being "not enough gun". I know it doesn't approach that monster but I have fired one and would feel a lot more comfortable knowing I might be able to get off a 2nd shot if I had time. As opposed to dropping the darn .577

Heh, I was in a foul mood yesterday after trying to get the flash player installed and working in x64 Kubuntu. :angry:

Now it seems (after seeing the error of my ways) I can't seem to delete it now. :(

Heh, I was in a foul mood yesterday after trying to get the flash player installed and working in x64 Kubuntu. :angry:

Now it seems (after seeing the error of my ways) I can't seem to delete it now. :(

That'll defiantly put ya in a bad mood.

Brother just spent 1700 for a new computer that I put it together for him and he goes and gets some nasty virus looking at some weird sites, now I've gotta fix it for him. Hate being the Computer and gun guy of the family everyone wants you to fix their shit, for free.

oh, dont forget the 24/7 phone calls about "my button thingy in my internet went away" at midnight. to which the reply from me is "fucking hit f11 and leave me the fuck alone already".