Krebs new peep sight and rail - WOW!

I'm pondering getting the DPH rail myself. I've heard the same thing about the Krebs Rail. Mucho Dollars!

Does anyone know if any rear iron sights will work with the DPH?

I've got a similar rail from DPH. The rumor I've heard about the Krebs is that it's gonna get close to $300! :eek: The DPH is only $70, though it doesn't have a built in sight.
I'm pondering getting the DPH rail myself. I've heard the same thing about the Krebs Rail. Mucho Dollars!

Does anyone know if any rear iron sights will work with the DPH?

I've got a similar rail from DPH. The rumor I've heard about the Krebs is that it's gonna get close to $300! :eek: The DPH is only $70, though it doesn't have a built in sight.

According to greatmoose you can use the rear M16 rear sights that attach to picatinny rails but you need the M16 front sight post because the stock saiga one is too short. I'd posted about this product in another thread and that was his response. I don't know if he used a screw in post or if he replaced the entire front sight block.

If the krebs product costs $300 i'm going to have to go with the DPH option although I still have concerns on the wear and tear on the screw threads for the buttstock.

Copes is also selling the same mount as DPH. It looks as if the rear screw has to be removed everytime you want to disassemble the rifle whereas the Krebs has a quick-release (or so I've been told). Still, the DPH Beryl rail will no doubt be much easier on the wallet.

I suspect that a quick release could be made pretty easily.

Use GOBs idea of the machine screw insert in the stock, they can be found at most hardware stores and theyre cheap, and use a screw with a cam locking mechanism on the top like the ones that you see on bicycle axles and seats, only smaller. I dont know where one would find one of appropriate size, but I'll wager that someone on this board does. If one can't be found I believe that one could be fabbed at home with a little patience and for not much $.

I suspect that a quick release could be made pretty easily.

Use GOBs idea of the machine screw insert in the stock, they can be found at most hardware stores and theyre cheap

Errr...I hope this doesn't sound stupid but how exactly does this machine insert thingy work? Would it have to fit the threading already in the stock?

Errr...I hope this doesn't sound stupid but how exactly does this machine insert thingy work? Would it have to fit the threading already in the stock?

No, you have to drill out a larger hole for it in the stock. I'll try and get a pic of one up later, they are pretty self explanatory once you see one.

I must be losing my mind. . . I mixed up the S-12 sight rail and this one. I certainly hope this thing isn't in the $200-$300 range, but Krebs certainly isn't bashful about pricing their other custom pieces, like their quad-rail handguard. . .

I'd really like to see pictures of the machine insert and some kind of "twist-n-lock" setup for this rail. Something so I wouldn't need a tool to field strip the weapon.

We'll soon see, I'm sure

Edited by Ax-Man