Russian police beat and detain protesters

Damn, sounds like they could all get jobs with the LAPD or NYCPD. ;)

LA maybe... NY would have just shot them. :rolleyes:

My selfish fear is that our .gov will eventually curtail trade to make a "statement"

then no more cheap russian ammo, and god forbid.... no more saigas.

I hope ol' Vlad plays it cool.

i doubt Russia will get anything from the USA except a small slap on the wrist (especially not about such a small craptic incident). both have kept out eachothers way lately on the important issues. sure, they've rolled their muscles a bit at the space shield crap etc, but that's not actually that important.

what is important is that the USA stfu about Russia's little private war in Chechenya and the fucking around with internal affairs and ex-USSR states, while Russia shuts the fuck up about the USA's little private Iraq war and the war on terror in general (as long as it doesn't directly meddle with russian interests).

i doubt Russia will get anything from the USA except a small slap on the wrist (especially not about such a small craptic incident). both have kept out eachothers way lately on the important issues. sure, they've rolled their muscles a bit at the space shield crap etc, but that's not actually that important.

what is important is that the USA stfu about Russia's little private war in Chechenya and the fucking around with internal affairs and ex-USSR states, while Russia shuts the fuck up about the USA's little private Iraq war and the war on terror in general (as long as it doesn't directly meddle with russian interests).

Ain't that the truth. Either the US or Russia would have to start a national holiday for puppy and baby eating before the other would even say anything.