ready for the gun ban now?

Shooting a Dem Conspiracy? to pass a AWB? im just throwing it out there.....

I posted that something would happen that the media could spin to help pass HR 1022 a couple of weeks ago on GlockTalk. then yesterday... sure enough. The only way this country can be defeated is from within and we have a very active and powerful enemy within... The Democrat Party.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another things gonna be that he was here on a visa since August of last year from Singapor.Where did he get the guns,hes not a US citizen.Hope it wasnt a gun show :blink:

just read the SN had been filed off...so he most likely bought them stolen.....not a gun show.

Well if anything I wouldn't mind if they made some stricter restrictions to selling firearms to non-US citizens. It makes perfect sense to me.

So they can throw the corpse in jail after the atrocity? Makes me feel actually much safer?

This simple fact of the matter is this: If the criminal/terrorist doesn't care about the laws like murder, robbery etc... no way in hell they will care about paperwork or restrictions. That's Liberal fantasy. Shouting "hey, you can't bring that in here and shoot people, I'm going to tell on you" means squat too.

Anti-gun people want me to lay in a fetal position waiting to be executed while waiting for the superhero troopers to get all dressed up like Darth Vader and then stand behind a tree while the fish people in the barrel get shot.... Well fuck that. Im NO vigilante. I was in the Marines and simply NOT wired that way. There's obviously times to cooperate with situations...and times not to. All I can say is people need to wake up to the fact that when you create a safe zone for criminals/terrorists, you're asking for problems.

The administration of that school has blood on their hands in my opinion. Not the officers responding to the scene.

~S

Edited by whatmanual

Additional anti-gun laws are simply the agenda of the media and the liberal establishment. Logic and reason have nothing to do with it. You could just as well argue that we need to ban all people on student visas, have more access to God and prayer in our schools, or blame it on the hate-filled democrats. Either way, I just hope folks are smart enough to see the media and the dems using this terrible stituation for political fodder and that the real answer lies in an armed citizenry ala the constitution.

The 'Stop the NRA' people are again sending out a flood of emails based on yesterday's events. There is a box at the bottom to 'change your email preferences,' and if you go there you can unsubscribe from their drivel.

I im totally convinced the Democratic party is behind the shooting.... I mean the political party that created the KKK (Paramilitary Wing of the Democratic party) a terrorist group that lynched and intimidated Black republicans to keep them from voting. A political party that endorsed the Mass Murder of 80 Seventh Day Adventists in their own church.....A political party that Murdered Randy Weaver's Family just because he lived a different lifestyle than other folks.....A party of strange perversion......

Well if anything I wouldn't mind if they made some stricter restrictions to selling firearms to non-US citizens. It makes perfect sense to me.

But unfortunately they will probably push through another AWB pertaining to semi auto rifles and other weapons like maybe .50BMG which have nothing to do with this incident.

Just goes to show how these lawmakers take advantage of these situations to further their political agendas

the constitution only applies to US citizens ... he didn't have the right to bear arms... it was a privaledge... i hope we all don't have to pay

Dateline NBC is making their show completely anti-gun as I type this. Also, syndicated "humorous" radio jocks "Don and Mike" (DC + various regions) actually challenged listeners to call in to defend the right to even own one gun. Spent over an hour on this topic. Un-freakin' believable! Boycott those losers!!!!! :angry:

the Mass Murder of 80 Seventh Day Adventists in their own church

Interesting you say it this way. Their group was formed as a result of a 1955 split from a different group made up of ex-SDA members that had been disfellowshipped in the 1930s.

Not relevant in any way to the discussion at hand, of course. Just kinda struck me as odd.

I im totally convinced the Democratic party is behind the shooting....

Gentlemen, please do not take offense when I ask that you kindly remove your finely pressed foil derby's in my presence. What you suggest is, IMHO absurd. Again, I have no wish to quarrel with men who I largely respect and agree with on most matters, but implicating the Democratic party is an enormus strech. They need't ochestrate this catastrophy directly, when we have a country rifle with unhappy people, some overmedicated, others not medicated heavily enough, and all of them discontented and looking to lash out. Youth is a fragile time when emotions and hormones surge and confidence wavers, it was only a matter of time before this happend in one place or annother. Had he choose poision as his mode of attack, or driven a truck in a rampage, or some explosive device as his means of murder you can be sure the tragedy would be just as deep, but the Politicians would not have their old standby to point the finger at, the undeserving and noble american firearm. So blame democrats for keeping guns out of honnest, legal hands. Blame democrats for circling like vultures over this tragedey. Blame them for feeding the media frenzy, and for consistently ignoring the facts and instead finding sensational mistruth to diseminate when building new laws. Please, do not call them the ochestrators of this attack, as it smacks of paranoia and propaganda, and errodes our merit when we have a valid argument against them.

Edited by JK-47

Gentlemen, please do not take offense when I ask that you kindly remove your finely pressed foil derby's in my presence. What you suggest is, IMHO absurd. Again, I have no wish to quarrel with men who I largely respect and agree with on most matters, but implicating the Democratic party is an enormus strech. They need't ochestrate this catastrophy directly, when we have a country rifle with unhappy people, some overmedicated, others not medicated heavily enough, and all of them discontented and looking to lash out. Youth is a fragile time when emotions and hormones surge and confidence wavers, it was only a matter of time before this happend in one place or annother. Had he choose poision as his mode of attack, or driven a truck in a rampage, or some explosive device as his means of murder you can be sure the tragedy would be just as deep, but the Politicians would not have their old standby to point the finger at, the undeserving and noble american firearm. So blame democrats for keeping guns out of honnest, legal hands. Blame democrats for circling like vultures over this tragedey. Blame them for feeding the media frenzy, and for consistently ignoring the facts and instead finding sensational mistruth to diseminate when building new laws. Please, do not call them the ochestrators of this attack, as it smacks of paranoia and propaganda, and errodes our merit when we have a valid argument against them.

lol.. no offense taken... i said i thought it not believe it... but elloquently put jk-47

Whiny little quitters do not need to own firearms. Some of you frankly make me sick with your, "Look at what they are going to do to us now." posts. I am sorry for those people that were killed at VA Tech, but I doubt that if you go over to a South Korean page they are crying, "now we will be banned from coming to America as students."

True there are those that will try to use this criminal act to disarm the American people, so what, they will use ANY reason, they need us disarmed, because what they have planed for us next is going to make us choke.

Grow up and learn to fight. Write letters, faxes, and eMails to your Representatives. But how about skip retarded posts that make it look that legal gun owners are somehow responsible for this mayhem.

Here's what I said...

"I posted that something would happen that the media could spin to help pass HR 1022 a couple of weeks ago on GlockTalk. then yesterday... sure enough. The only way this country can be defeated is from within and we have a very active and powerful enemy within... The Democrat Party."

I'm not saying they're behind it, I'm saying evil people exist and when they commit an evil act you can always count on the Demonrats to capitalize on it in their never-ending quest to empower themselves by taking freedom away from US.

Edited by DaGroaner

yea i guess i have been overreacting a little.........................ok.....alot........saying the dems are behind the VT attack is like saying that bush is behind 9/11.... And neither are true! what the VT attack has done though is fuel the fire for future gun legislation. ive been attacked in my workplace for my steadfast belief in all civil rights more specifically Gun ownership...I didnt think that i would have to defend my gun rights against members of the armed forces! the army is more liberal than i thought! anyway I hate the question "Why do you need to own an AK-47?" all of a sudden everyone is on red alert and critical of gun owners! my question is "Why do you want to Disarm me?" i need a more effective way of convincing ignorant uninformed people that if more people had been armed at VT less people would have died! people think "Are you crazy? there would be more shootings!" NO! my question is "how do you expect people to defend themselves!"

well any way i think its pretty pointless like banging my head up against a wall! here at least people think i make some sence!

Jonathan Mallard

If guns cause crime, mine are defective -Ted Nugent

Why do you need all those assault weapons?

Zombies. <gasp>, Duh!

Why do you need to own a gun?

Well ok. If you had a gun and I was going to shoot you with mine....would you shoot me 1st if you could? Yes or No. Why am I less deserving for self defense?

You dont need hi capacity magazines. Why do you feel you do?

Well, the logic is "I" will more than likely be only one defending my life. ... The better question is: Since cops have, assault weapons, shotguns, travel in groups of 2 or more, body armor, various tasing/subdue devices, communication for backup to zero in on exactly where they are, and other things to dominate a situation....why exactly to "they" need hi capacity magazines? WHO truly has the higher need? Thought so.

Take or limit mine, take or limit theirs. No? Why not?

Why do you need a CCW?

Because I can't count on an off duty officer to be in the mall every time when I go shopping. I can't count on them to stop the car jacker that decides they like my car. I can't count on them to put on their uber darth vader body armor costumes and engage the criminal in less than the 20 second fight for my life.

....but what do I know.

I certainly could go on and on about that. We all could I'm sure.

~S

Edited by whatmanual

It doesn't take an upper level national party conspiracy. All it takes is a motivated individual with skills at indoctrination and other forms of mind control. The timing as far as I'm concerned is too close to be coincidence. Not just that the bills are proposed, but that they have been losing support until now.

It doesn't have to be any elected official or party representative. If an organizer of the Million Mom March can hire a hitman to shoot somebody in revenge and think she's right (and hit the wrong guy in the process), somebody could corner and indoctrinate a troubled youth, feed his emotions, and slip him direction, and make sure he kills himself before he can be captured.

I'm not saying I know what happened. But it's really not a tall order at all.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

You'll probably call me naive, but I don't see a big conspiracy of evil Democrats trying to take away my rights so they can enslave me. And I don't see the BATF as some hideous facist organization laying the groundwork for my oppression. Most of these folks are decent people, who just are operating under a significantly different value system than mine. If I see a risk, I take action to protect myself. When they are frightened, they want a powerful government to protect them. They truly believe that passing laws changes the world. This may make them unenlightened, or even misguided, but I believe that for the most part our goals and intentions are similar.

I am an adult and I accept the risks that come with free will. But I am a dictator that infringes on my kids' rights all the time, because I feel I know better than them and I must protect them from danger. But most Americans have never faced want or real danger, and are so removed from the realities of life, that they don't see a problem with letting the government be their parent, make the big decisions, and pass laws to 'keep them safe'. The reason the government can get away with this, is the majority don't mind, they don't care, they don't vote; so bureaucracies like the BATF are just promulgating the will of the people.

We (people who believe in freedom and self-determination) must accept that we are a minority that is regarded with fear and suspicion. And we should go out of our way to educate and enlighten the sheep to shake them out of the doldrums of their foolish dogmas. It does no good to be antagonistic and threatening; shouting at the wind about the commies and the lefties; you need to recognize their values are different, and start there using logic to show them why we need the constitution.

Sadly, one of the prices we pay for freedom is we will occassionally have angry psychopaths abuse that freedom by hurting innocents. I still think that is preferable to living safely in a cage; and further, that giving the most rights to the most citizens eventually result in a society with less abuse of those rights. There will be more gun control legislation now; but don't react with a fatalistic attitude of "here it comes, watcha gonna do..." Or whining. And don't claim you are going to hit the street with your Saiga and fight the power unless you really have the stones to do it. Your time would be better spent writing letters, and talking to your neighbors logically about your opinions. If you believe in democracy, you should use it, and accept things ain't always gonna go your way.

You'll probably call me naive, but I don't see a big conspiracy of evil Democrats trying to take away my rights so they can enslave me. And I don't see the BATF as some hideous facist organization laying the groundwork for my oppression. Most of these folks are decent people, who just are operating under a significantly different value system than mine. If I see a risk, I take action to protect myself. When they are frightened, they want a powerful government to protect them. They truly believe that passing laws changes the world. This may make them unenlightened, or even misguided, but I believe that for the most part our goals and intentions are similar.

I am an adult and I accept the risks that come with free will. But I am a dictator that infringes on my kids' rights all the time, because I feel I know better than them and I must protect them from danger. But most Americans have never faced want or real danger, and are so removed from the realities of life, that they don't see a problem with letting the government be their parent, make the big decisions, and pass laws to 'keep them safe'. The reason the government can get away with this, is the majority don't mind, they don't care, they don't vote; so bureaucracies like the BATF are just promulgating the will of the people.

We (people who believe in freedom and self-determination) must accept that we are a minority that is regarded with fear and suspicion. And we should go out of our way to educate and enlighten the sheep to shake them out of the doldrums of their foolish dogmas. It does no good to be antagonistic and threatening; shouting at the wind about the commies and the lefties; you need to recognize their values are different, and start there using logic to show them why we need the constitution.

Sadly, one of the prices we pay for freedom is we will occassionally have angry psychopaths abuse that freedom by hurting innocents. I still think that is preferable to living safely in a cage; and further, that giving the most rights to the most citizens eventually result in a society with less abuse of those rights. There will be more gun control legislation now; but don't react with a fatalistic attitude of "here it comes, watcha gonna do..." Or whining. And don't claim you are going to hit the street with your Saiga and fight the power unless you really have the stones to do it. Your time would be better spent writing letters, and talking to your neighbors logically about your opinions. If you believe in democracy, you should use it, and accept things ain't always gonna go your way.

Great! that makes me feel better! but i dont know how to explain to people why we need guns... Ive told them a million times "An armed populace is a deterant to tyranny." and that "The current laws on the books are illegal." and still "Gun Legislation leads to slavery and genocide" but they (most of which are Iraq vets like me) say "you want to give everyone guns? we will end up like Iraq!" they dont understand i dont want everyone to have guns keep the current laws in force child molesters and crazy felons shouldnt have access to guns! i mean citizens legally able to possess guns they say "there will be more shootings! guns are dangerous!" isnt it awful to think that these people think so small of their fellow Americans? I need ammo to intellegently debate this issue! to keep people from letting the government take care of them and rely on themselves!

Thanks

I think any conspiracy theories are pure crap, as the guy was a demonstrated twisto for a long time, and the moron chose to pull off the attack with a 22 in hand.

I'm a looong time NRA member, and it's going to be sad to see that people (certain coastal dems and the disguised republican socialists - don't be fooled) might use the gun issue as the key to what was obviously a failure of the system to help this guy out in the most liberal of places (the college campus). The good part is that as more info comes out about this guy, people will think that he'd have been just as posessed to build a bomb or attack someone with a knife.

Even CNN (socialists) reported today that it's unlikely that the gun ban issue will gain traction because of this single incident. MSNBC (commie pinkos) did pull out a quote from the always available Brady Campaign, however. I think HR1022 doesn't pass the smell test for most people (unfortunately most people will never see, smell, nor care about the specifics). There were quotes on CNN that only 49% of people favor any form of gun control (an all time low - and that's their poll, ahem).

Now is the time to send your cards and letters to your representation stating that you regret the tragedy of what a single person can do (and we should get help for those people despite all the HIPPA disclosure crap), but you accept that this is a price of our many freedoms. If a Dem is president however, then all bets are off. It may or may not be not last call to stock up, but it's sure as hell after midnight.

The older I get, the more I think the founders got it correct in only allowing the full slate of rights to property owners (IMO).

Edited by buckandaquarterquarterstaff

finally, clear voices of reason sound out. inteligently discuss with our neighbors how defending ourselves is only common sence and not a crime, how criminals do not reguard the laws in the first place, and statisticaly proven when a state adopts a ccw law crime rates drop drasticly. Lastly we need to be UNITED. We need to join with those who are fighting our fight DAILY. Join the NRA/ILA. These numbers they carry in their lobby efforts (just as our opposition does) really means alot. Write a letter to our reps(reguardles of their orientation on this topic) to let them know how their voters feel. Don't remain silent and hope the vote comes out alright. Our opposition is very passionate about their stance on firearms, we need to be as passionate about defending our rights.

Join the NRA/ILA. These numbers they carry in their lobby efforts (just as our opposition does) really means alot. Write a letter to our reps(reguardles of their orientation on this topic) to let them know how their voters feel. Don't remain silent and hope the vote comes out alright. Our opposition is very passionate about their stance on firearms, we need to be as passionate about defending our rights.

You got that right. I'm from a blue state, and even though I'm pissing into the wind on most election days, you can impact other legislators by joining the NRA. Go ahead and voice your opinions and concerns about these issues to all of the legislators who will hear you. Mail them, with a stamp on it - email gets deleted based on topic lines, but real mail gets opened and read (trust me on this). Even if your letter is just being read by some junior staffer, perhaps you can turn someone around to our point of view, or at least be tangibly known as disagreement.

Really, get out there and make your opinion count, sensibly.

I've been reading a lot of stupidity here in the past couple of days. I've only been tuning in for a couple of months so I dont know if the drama is usualy so high or if it is a rare thing. I think I'll try it again in a week or so. Maybe that Mike D guy's nuts won't aparently taste so good to a bunch of guys by then.