New from Tromix - Saiga-12 sound suppressor

I shot some 00 buck shot through it, and the sound was knocked down enough that I didn't need ear protection.

It's still not real quiet though. I am going to make a few more mods to it (as time permits) and see if I can get a bit more sound reduction out of it.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot some 00 buck shot through it, and the sound was knocked down enough that I didn't need ear protection.

It's still not real quiet though. I am going to make a few more mods to it (as time permits) and see if I can get a bit more sound reduction out of it.

Tony

Do you think it'll be able to be ordered in September? If I can get in there and beat the rush I'd love to be ordering one then so I can beat the rush! (Oh yeah, and the Democrats)

I wonder how much the shot charge is being cooled over the temperature of the same discharge from a 18.5" barrel? Do you have a way of checking?

Really cool!

Its a shame it is so regulated, as honestly something like that would be ideal for a home defence gun...its not going to make it inaudible like the movies portray silencers, but it would reduce it to safer levels. Obviously if you were in a home defence situation protecting your hearing is not the biggest issue, but it is a concern to some people. Sound suppressors are actually a very practical product, especially for really loud guns.

Really cool!

Its a shame it is so regulated, as honestly something like that would be ideal for a home defence gun...its not going to make it inaudible like the movies portray silencers, but it would reduce it to safer levels. Obviously if you were in a home defence situation protecting your hearing is not the biggest issue, but it is a concern to some people. Sound suppressors are actually a very practical product, especially for really loud guns.

Same thought as I have. I'd love one of those for home defense without rupturing my eardrums. And when it comes off, a fun day at the range!

I have been thinking of something JUST LIKE THIS.

I had called earlier today and talked with Tony as to whether he had any shotguns still in stock.

They have all but dried up and I haven't had any luck finding one.

As a coincidence, I have been hitting all the boards to find someone who makes a shotgun suppressor!

Someone gave me this link and here I am.

I already ordered some of the high cap drums so I guess I need to get the gun now!

Edit:

I found one at Gilberts today. Ordered it!

Tony that suppressor looks so cool....

Edited by okent
  • 4 weeks later...
Is there any new info on this thing and if Tony of Tromex reads this can you tell me if it can be permenantly attached so as to not be a SBS so I can have one in Indiana??

I got to look at this beast a couple of weeks ago.

From our discussion he is going to make the tube out of aluminum so it will be lighter.

I thought it was pretty light to begin with and his changes will only make it better.

The design he has now screws onto the standard threads of a barrel that uses Saiga chokes, and the business end is threaded for chokes as well.

I guess you could have it permenantly mounted to a barrel like any other suppressor.

I think it will be just right on the end of an 8 or 10 inch barrel.

I am on the list, oh yeah!

• 2 weeks later...
Really cool!

Same thought as I have. I'd love one of those for home defense without rupturing my eardrums. And when it comes off, a fun day at the range!

great point glocker... no need to blow the whole families eardums on account of a scumbag

It probably wouldn't look to good to the DA to use a suppressor in a home defense sit. I read an article about a guy using a full auto Ruger (a Ruger employee) to defend his girlfriend and himself. Was a good shoot but he went through 10 years of court.

I'm all for the suppressor it would work excellent for shooting zombies.

• 8 months later...

wow..now i am in love, :wub: ... when can i get one..and how much,....i would love one of those n it would help me/us in our job, i am currently in Baghdad, Iraq, and yes i am a 11B, got to love it...(11B, Infantry) just incase u dont know..lol.... n a silencer for a shot gun would help us out alot... when we breach doors, and that would b the best thing i could ask for... n i am currently trying to make my own gun collection ...lol.. but yea... are the silencers for anyshotgun or some?? email me if u wish...Santosdaddy@yahoo.com..thanx n looking forword to readin more on this issue...

wow..now i am in love, :wub: ... when can i get one..and how much,....i would love one of those n it would help me/us in our job, i am currently in Baghdad, Iraq, and yes i am a 11B, got to love it...(11B, Infantry) just incase u dont know..lol.... n a silencer for a shot gun would help us out alot... when we breach doors, and that would b the best thing i could ask for... n i am currently trying to make my own gun collection ...lol.. but yea... are the silencers for anyshotgun or some?? email me if u wish...Santosdaddy@yahoo.com..thanx n looking forword to readin more on this issue...

Reaper, dude, you need to buddy up with some of the Brits over there. They have access to some really cool stuff.

Check this out: Silenced 12 ga Compare the sound of the shot to the sound of the slide.

Here is the maker: Hushpower

A supplier: Mossberg 500 silenced

Reaper, dude, you need to buddy up with some of the Brits over there. They have access to some really cool stuff.

Check this out: Silenced 12 ga Compare the sound of the shot to the sound of the slide.

Here is the maker: Hushpower

A supplier: Mossberg 500 silenced

NOw that my frined is what i am talkn about, wow..thanx for the help...got to love them, i cant wait to get my hands on one of them,

any other recomendations, i got a major sweet tooth for shot guns, lol thanx again

post-11000-1209244548.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tony

Any more adjustments & test yet?

• 6 months later...
Yep $200 tax stamp will do it, but don't forget your CLEO signoff...could be the hardest part depending on where you live.

I used to get all pissed off dealing with CLEO signatures....then I found out about transfering to a Trust :D If any of you can't get a CLEO signature let me know.

i'm new to the forum, but i'm having trouble with the cleo signature, help please!

Yep $200 tax stamp will do it, but don't forget your CLEO signoff...could be the hardest part depending on where you live.

I used to get all pissed off dealing with CLEO signatures....then I found out about transfering to a Trust :D If any of you can't get a CLEO signature let me know.

i'm new to the forum, but i'm having trouble with the cleo signature, help please!

Read this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I read that thread. Too bad he can't work anymore on it right now. I am excited to hear progress on it. I really like how it has the normal threads on its muzzle. That way you can put a breecher on there if you want.

I guess w/ the 2" tube you can use the factory sights, right?

If you made it even bigger diameter it might work even better, but then you would have to get HK sights or something to see over the can.

Was that can the type that you add oil to? Did tony test it dry or w/ oil?

• 3 months later...

Red Stick is making a suppressor similar to this. If I understand correctly, Tony went to the three standard models because demand is so high that he really loses money by fiddling with special projects and one-offs. A lot of the custom stuff is just too time-intensive, and when you can build three standard builds in the time it takes to build one "just right" for someone, the profit margins are totally disproportionate. I can't blame him for having business sense. He has deferred most of the recent requests for custom jobs to other builders. Funny about being the most dominant brand in the entire market segment: Tony is now too busy with more basic builds to take advantage of some of the techniques and features he innovated.

• 1 month later...

.........I would seriously consider a silencer for the Saiga but it would have to shroud the barrel rather than just stick further out at the front.

You mean like this.....

post-5877-1257307965781_thumb.jpg

........ though technically since this is an integrally suppressed Saiga 12, the suppressor isn't shrouding the barrel, but rather the suppressor is the barrel. :smoke: