New from Tromix - Saiga-12 sound suppressor

I finished up the Tromix S-12 sound suppressor the other day, but have not had a chance yet to test it. It is intended for use on the 8" SBS guns. It is designed to allow you to fire both slugs and birdshot. I am having some computer problems whereas I can't post any pics, but I will try and get Bob Ash over here this week to get some pics up for you guys.

Tony

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished up the Tromix S-12 sound suppressor the other day, but have not had a chance yet to test it. It is intended for use on the 8" SBS guns. It is designed to allow you to fire both slugs and birdshot. I am having some computer problems whereas I can't post any pics, but I will try and get Bob Ash over here this week to get some pics up for you guys.

Tony

Common! You can't just tease like that...with no pics...just not fair. You've definately got my attention.

:eek:

My understanding is that sound suppressors also are the most effective recoil reducers. How much? And is that a Class III or a tax stamp?

Can someone clarify what this question is asking?

He is a class 2 manufacturer. Any suppressor you buy will take a tax stamp unless you are a class 2/type 7 FFL. I dont understand Class 3 OR a tax stamp??? Confused.

Tony,

What are the suppressor dimensions and weight? Price? Materials? Level of suppression?

OK, this thread has the potential to be incredibly cool AND make me set more money aside in "The Tony Account" (already full so I can order a 8" SBS when I get back to The World)...

BUT IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!

:chris:

Alex

I heard on silencertalk that shotgun suppressors were ineffective, so they were wrong huh?

And AegisDei, there would be a $200 stamp, anything he creates (except full auto) is fair game to those that live in states that allow such items.

Edited by KySoldier
I heard on silencertalk that shotgun suppressors were ineffective, so they were wrong huh?

And AegisDei, there would be a $200 stamp, anything he creates (except full auto) is fair game to those that live in states that allow such items.

Thanks! I could afford $200.

I might be wrong on my suppressor info...but that'd be sweet regardless!

It will be interesting to see the actual db reduction. I know a shotgun is a less than ideal platform to suppress, but who cares. This would score pretty high in "cool factor".

Tony, you are truly an artist in performing in the medium of "Lead Delivery". Looks way cool. Can't wait till May 15th when (hopefully!) you'll have your backlog down enough so I can finally order one of your s-12 micros. This suppressor will definately be a cool addition. Any info on dB reduction?

Yep $200 tax stamp will do it, but don't forget your CLEO signoff...could be the hardest part depending on where you live.

I used to get all pissed off dealing with CLEO signatures....then I found out about transfering to a Trust :D If any of you can't get a CLEO signature let me know.

Ok Tony close up shop and get out there and test it for us!!Very interested in one of these.You are having a hell of a time keeping up with your conversions how in the world are you gonna do it when you introduce these?!!Any ballpark estimated cost?

Do you have any employees?If not how do you keep up with everything you have going on? Jeff m60dg@aol.com

Yeah, the work load is turning into a bit of problem for a one-man show. I am a bit behind schedule at the moment so blowing a day for testing isn't going to happen for awhile.

hey everybody... tony is hireing... j/k ... don't inundate tony with resumes

he's to busy to hire anyone... lol

At 2.4 lbs it seems like this unit is solid steel and thick steel at that. Since shotgun pressures are so low why use steel (like a rifle can) instead of aluminum (like a pistol can)? Is this a production unit or just to try and see how well the concept works while not blowing yourself up in testing so you can go to a more manageable weight or material?

Is the can just baffles like a normal can or is it more of a screw on barrel extension with a ported barrel and the gasses bleeding off into an expasion chamber? This would mean you have to use a steel barrel extenrsion for the inside of the can right?

Edited by DevL

The can has a barrel extension inside of it, that has been extensively ported. The prototype is steel since I had the tubing in stock. Production will be aluminum if it works out. Testing will be done this coming weekend.

Tony

I just got back from running about 200 rounds through it. I started off with Federal "Metro" ammo, which is super light 900fps from a 28" barrel. I fired one round (no suppressor) without ear protection and it about blew my friggin ear drums out. That 7.5" barrel is incredibly loud even with the "Metro" ammo. It was about like firing a snub nose .357 mag. With the suppressor in place, the gun was still pretty loud, but ear protection was not required. It sounded about like a 28" gun firing light skeet loads, even when firing 3" magnums through it. Surprisingly, there wasn't much difference in noise shooting the Metro load, versus a 3" mag with the suppessor installed. The gun cycled everything I put through it with and without the can, except the Metro ammo would only cycle with the can in place.

After pulling the can back apart, I found quite a bit of plastic wad material caked up in the first and second baffles, but no shot had come through the holes despite them being .125" in diameter (504ea).

SuppressorX3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...