61 replies to this topic

#31 TonyRumore

TonyRumore

TonyRumore

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

I shot some 00 buck shot through it, and the sound was knocked down enough that I didn't need ear protection.
It's still not real quiet though. I am going to make a few more mods to it (as time permits) and see if I can get a bit more sound reduction out of it.

Tony
Posted Image
Click here for the Tromix site!

You don't have to be good to succeed.....just better than everyone else.

#32 dodgeturbointerceptor

dodgeturbointerceptor

Forum Wraith

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:13 AM

Will test fire this beast tomorrow.

Posted Image

OMG!

Holy Shit!

I got plans for 3 suppressors when I get back to the states.......

Looks like its 4!

I gotta see that picture one more time!
1993-2004 USMC

#33 Glocker

Glocker

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

I shot some 00 buck shot through it, and the sound was knocked down enough that I didn't need ear protection.
It's still not real quiet though. I am going to make a few more mods to it (as time permits) and see if I can get a bit more sound reduction out of it.

Tony

Do you think it'll be able to be ordered in September? If I can get in there and beat the rush I'd love to be ordering one then so I can beat the rush! (Oh yeah, and the Democrats)

#34 KySoldier

KySoldier

Citizen-Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

If its permanently attached than its not a SBS. Just one stamp for the can.
@--Don't Tread On Me--@

#35 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

I wonder how much the shot charge is being cooled over the temperature of the same discharge from a 18.5" barrel? Do you have a way of checking?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#36 EustaceLufgren

EustaceLufgren

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

Really cool!

Its a shame it is so regulated, as honestly something like that would be ideal for a home defence gun...its not going to make it inaudible like the movies portray silencers, but it would reduce it to safer levels. Obviously if you were in a home defence situation protecting your hearing is not the biggest issue, but it is a concern to some people. Sound suppressors are actually a very practical product, especially for really loud guns.

#37 Glocker

Glocker

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

Really cool!

Its a shame it is so regulated, as honestly something like that would be ideal for a home defence gun...its not going to make it inaudible like the movies portray silencers, but it would reduce it to safer levels. Obviously if you were in a home defence situation protecting your hearing is not the biggest issue, but it is a concern to some people. Sound suppressors are actually a very practical product, especially for really loud guns.

Same thought as I have. I'd love one of those for home defense without rupturing my eardrums. And when it comes off, a fun day at the range!

#38 okent

okent

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

I have been thinking of something JUST LIKE THIS.
I had called earlier today and talked with Tony as to whether he had any shotguns still in stock.
They have all but dried up and I haven't had any luck finding one.
As a coincidence, I have been hitting all the boards to find someone who makes a shotgun suppressor!
Someone gave me this link and here I am.
I already ordered some of the high cap drums so I guess I need to get the gun now!

Edit:
I found one at Gilberts today. Ordered it!
Tony that suppressor looks so cool....

Edited by okent, 22 June 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#39 okent

okent

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

Is there any new info on this thing and if Tony of Tromex reads this can you tell me if it can be permenantly attached so as to not be a SBS so I can have one in Indiana??

I got to look at this beast a couple of weeks ago.
From our discussion he is going to make the tube out of aluminum so it will be lighter.
I thought it was pretty light to begin with and his changes will only make it better.
The design he has now screws onto the standard threads of a barrel that uses Saiga chokes, and the business end is threaded for chokes as well.
I guess you could have it permenantly mounted to a barrel like any other suppressor.
I think it will be just right on the end of an 8 or 10 inch barrel.
I am on the list, oh yeah!

#40 mccumber1916

mccumber1916

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

Really cool!

Same thought as I have. I'd love one of those for home defense without rupturing my eardrums. And when it comes off, a fun day at the range!

great point glocker... no need to blow the whole families eardums on account of a scumbag
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"You're talking to my guy all wrong. It's the wrong tone. Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron" ~ christopher walken

"i don't like repeat offenders... i like dead offenders" ted nugent

"ladies and gentlemen... ... please check to see that you are still breathing" saliva

#41 Racer 27

Racer 27

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

It probably wouldn't look to good to the DA to use a suppressor in a home defense sit. I read an article about a guy using a full auto Ruger (a Ruger employee) to defend his girlfriend and himself. Was a good shoot but he went through 10 years of court.

I'm all for the suppressor it would work excellent for shooting zombies.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark Professionals built the Titanic.
DO YOUR OWN CONVERSION!

Look here for how: http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=40886

#42 Reaper

Reaper

• 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:28 AM

wow..now i am in love, :wub: ... when can i get one..and how much,....i would love one of those n it would help me/us in our job, i am currently in Baghdad, Iraq, and yes i am a 11B, got to love it...(11B, Infantry) just incase u dont know..lol.... n a silencer for a shot gun would help us out alot... when we breach doors, and that would b the best thing i could ask for... n i am currently trying to make my own gun collection ...lol.. but yea... are the silencers for anyshotgun or some?? email me if u wish...Santosdaddy@yahoo.com..thanx n looking forword to readin more on this issue...
"Id Rather be tried by 12, than Carried by 6" ...SSG Blake.

#43 HillBilly2

HillBilly2

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

wow..now i am in love, :wub: ... when can i get one..and how much,....i would love one of those n it would help me/us in our job, i am currently in Baghdad, Iraq, and yes i am a 11B, got to love it...(11B, Infantry) just incase u dont know..lol.... n a silencer for a shot gun would help us out alot... when we breach doors, and that would b the best thing i could ask for... n i am currently trying to make my own gun collection ...lol.. but yea... are the silencers for anyshotgun or some?? email me if u wish...Santosdaddy@yahoo.com..thanx n looking forword to readin more on this issue...

Reaper, dude, you need to buddy up with some of the Brits over there. They have access to some really cool stuff.

Check this out: Silenced 12 ga Compare the sound of the shot to the sound of the slide.

Here is the maker: Hushpower

A supplier: Mossberg 500 silenced

#44 Reaper

Reaper

• 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

Reaper, dude, you need to buddy up with some of the Brits over there. They have access to some really cool stuff.

Check this out: Silenced 12 ga Compare the sound of the shot to the sound of the slide.

Here is the maker: Hushpower

A supplier: Mossberg 500 silenced

NOw that my frined is what i am talkn about, wow..thanx for the help...got to love them, i cant wait to get my hands on one of them,
any other recomendations, i got a major sweet tooth for shot guns, lol thanx again

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture_034.jpg

"Id Rather be tried by 12, than Carried by 6" ...SSG Blake.

#45 iteachsurfing

iteachsurfing

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

Tony

Any more adjustments & test yet?

#46 toetagger

toetagger

• 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

Yep $200 tax stamp will do it, but don't forget your CLEO signoff...could be the hardest part depending on where you live.

I used to get all pissed off dealing with CLEO signatures....then I found out about transfering to a Trust :D If any of you can't get a CLEO signature let me know.

i'm new to the forum, but i'm having trouble with the cleo signature, help please!

#47 Glocker

Glocker

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

Yep $200 tax stamp will do it, but don't forget your CLEO signoff...could be the hardest part depending on where you live.

I used to get all pissed off dealing with CLEO signatures....then I found out about transfering to a Trust :D If any of you can't get a CLEO signature let me know.

i'm new to the forum, but i'm having trouble with the cleo signature, help please!

Read this thread.

#48 poseidon5

poseidon5

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

any new news on this?

#49 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:06 AM

Too busy with conversions to work on side projects for the time being.
Posted Image
The Number One name in Saiga conversion

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#50 saiga12fan

saiga12fan

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

:up:
Glock 21/23, DE .50, Walther P22, TEC-22, Bersa .380, .22 PENGUN, Bushmaster, SKS, Mosin Nagant, SAR-1, AKS-47S, AKS-74U, Marlin .22, Tromix Saiga-12. All Shooters Biatch! -FRANKY.J.-

#51 kisatu

kisatu

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

Soon as they are ready let us know, I want one they look so sweet^^)

#52 Wakko

Wakko

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

tag. :dollar:
NRA Life Member
GOA Member

Heroes Never Die

#53 s12x

s12x

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

what happened to this??

#54 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

Too busy with regular builds.
Posted Image

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#55 rightwingnut

rightwingnut

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

I read that thread. Too bad he can't work anymore on it right now. I am excited to hear progress on it. I really like how it has the normal threads on its muzzle. That way you can put a breecher on there if you want.

I guess w/ the 2" tube you can use the factory sights, right?

If you made it even bigger diameter it might work even better, but then you would have to get HK sights or something to see over the can.

Was that can the type that you add oil to? Did tony test it dry or w/ oil?

#56 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

Dry.
Posted Image

#57 c8089923

c8089923

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Just checked Tromix website - didn't see suppressors for sale. Tony - is there anything we can do to help you out?

#58 stiletto raggio

stiletto raggio

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

Red Stick is making a suppressor similar to this. If I understand correctly, Tony went to the three standard models because demand is so high that he really loses money by fiddling with special projects and one-offs. A lot of the custom stuff is just too time-intensive, and when you can build three standard builds in the time it takes to build one "just right" for someone, the profit margins are totally disproportionate. I can't blame him for having business sense. He has deferred most of the recent requests for custom jobs to other builders. Funny about being the most dominant brand in the entire market segment: Tony is now too busy with more basic builds to take advantage of some of the techniques and features he innovated.
"You know there's only one thing cooler than wearing bondage gear to the mall, and that's hating your parents!" -Klassy

#59 Nitrowing

Nitrowing

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

I have a Baikal .410 Hushpower and it's great! With 2 1/2" shells it's quieter than a .22 rimfire :)
I would seriously consider a silencer for the Saiga but it would have to shroud the barrel rather than just stick further out at the front.
Steyr LG110, Walther G22, Ruger Muzzelite Mini 14, Lee Enfield No.4, Baikal Hushpower, Crosman 2250b, AYA SbS 12 gauge, Lee Enfield No.5, Winchester .45 LC, Mossberg Axiom 12 gauge, Saiga Spetsnaz-2

#60 Frogfoot

Frogfoot

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

.........I would seriously consider a silencer for the Saiga but it would have to shroud the barrel rather than just stick further out at the front.

You mean like this.....

Suppressed-Saiga-12.jpg

........ though technically since this is an integrally suppressed Saiga 12, the suppressor isn't shrouding the barrel, but rather the suppressor is the barrel. :smoke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users