post-1914-1176948386.gif

somebody should hotlink him to

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14647

and include that when you smack more than 10rds into the gun you've changed the configuration from "sporter" to "not sporter" and 922r now applies

as for those 30 round mags being "legal" to put in an unconverted x39

post-1914-1176948595.gif

Geez BW!

The guy is wrong. If he gets nailed, he''ll be the one who is able to "define" the term "fucked". You did what you could and kudos to you for doing it.

All I'm saying is that "f_____g m___n isn't necessary especially on a forum that has been on the very cordial side to the Saiga uninitiated.

My 2 cents

Edited by pogy

I find myself relating this information yet again. 95% of the gun shops I have entered were run by idiots, crooks, or assholes. almost always they are experts, although there are some places they actually know what the hell they are talking about. it is pretty rare, though. I dont know if they are just uninformed or if they think that someone can actually sue them for passing "bum" info (the laws are public information, even if you quote them wrong).

All I'm saying is that "f_____g m___n isn't necessary especially on a forum that has been on the very cordial side to the Saiga uninitiated.

My 2 cents

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but it is what it is. I showed this guy that he was being misled, and by believing the idiot at the shop, was wrong himself.

He was too damn stubborn but to listen to someone trying to sell him something.

That, IMO, is a fucking moron.

Edited by BlenderWizard

Technically...

There's a breach of warranty here. By law, the seller is liable for warranty-damages calculated as the difference between the gun as promised and the gun as given. What was promised was a 922r compliant gun capable of legally accepting high-capacity magazines. Therefore, the seller owes the difference between a converted gun and an unconverted gun, which amounts to the cost of a conversion. :devil:

UCC 2-313

"Express warranties by the seller to the immediate buyer are created as follows:

a) any affirmation of fact...made by the seller which relates to the goods and becomes part of the basis of the bargain creates an EXPRESS WARRANTY that the goods SHALL CONFORM to the affirmation..."

You might not tell that jackass b/c his head is too far up his ass to hear you, but it's something to keep in mind if it happens to anyone else. It should be a cheap/easy case to win and could be filed without using a lawyer. It'd take about two hours in a law library and cost about $90 in court costs, which-if you're sly-you could get the seller to pay.

Edited by AegisDei

The same thing happened to me... I bought my first Saiga on Sunday, and the dealer sold me some converted AK mags to go with it. I ASSUMED it was legal. I'm sure glad I found this site and learned the truth. My 30-rounders are "put away" and will stay that way until I do some more homework and set my gun up the right way. Yeah its a stupid law and yeah I would "probably" never get caught, but why take the chance? I can still have plenty of fun with this thing on a 10-round limit.