MikeD's Saiga-12 20rd Drum Magazine, information thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are too quick witted for me!

You're right -- we are too quick witted for you and most of us keep our heads out of our asses -- you may be over your head here! :smoke:

You have a good point there! All I can say is but not each others. I think Mike breathes for a few of you guys here on this form. You guys could be tossing Mikes Salad for all I know.

Have a nice day!

Joe,just wondering why it matters so much to you,this idea of 'proving' to everyone that Mike is wrong and you're right?.Even if his drum arrives after the date he stated,so what?.Do you honestly think that if you keep prodding him you'll somehow win this argument?.Take a break-wait and see.

I generally don't assume someone's a liar unless they give me some reason to.I've had several business dealings with Mike since joining here (about 16 months ago) and he's always been a man of his word.Has he yet given you any real reason to doubt him?.If you came here and said "I work at the mold factory,and there's no way it will be done by July 20",fine.Until then,why not agree to disagree?.Seems like you're offering your 'opinion' about the subject as fact,then beating Mike over the head with it!.

Not trying to pick a fight,just can't wrap my head around this whole 'timeframe' hangup.

You have a good point there! All I can say is but not each others. I think Mike breathes for a few of you guys here on this form. You guys could be tossing Mikes Salad for all I know.

Have a nice day!

Joe Notallthathilarious --

Not only do i have no relation with Mike, but I don't think i ever posted in any of the drum related threads before you started clowing on the poor guy. For some of us, it has nothing to do with Mike, but everything to do with what a turd you are.

I do find it odd though that the first thing that comes to mind when you think guys might be friends is some homosexual ass-eating. I sure wouldn't want to be on your bowling team.........

Like Telly458 implied, and i've said before, what does any of it matter to you!?! Either he succedes or he doesn't..........

For my part, I'm gonna drop it as per Juggernaut's post. Why don't you show us what a big boy you are and do the same.

Edited by K1196A
I am sure not having a live fire video was only an oversight (I think you said you did not want to risk damaging your Saiga if my mermory servers correctly) and that currently you did not have a working prototype.

I never once said I was worried about damaging my saigas. I said at this point I didn't want to risk damaging the prototype.

I never once posted that I didn't have a working prototype. From my very first post on the subject (early March), I have had a working prototype.

Not having a live fire video was partly an oversight. I should have had one and would have had one if I had know about the WM.

Folks, we started a Fight Club section for this crap.

Start a new thread there or put it in the happy box!!!! :evil:

"We" started it. Joe is obviously not "we". If Joe had any respect for this forum, the mods , and the members he would have quit the first time you asked. Obviously he is not going to quit and his getting his kicks from this, at our expense.

Can you and the other mods get together and stop this. Some simple time off isn't going to cut it either.

I don't want to take this matter up with Makc. He is to busy for it. He has a buisness to run ( not this forum). It is getting me to the point that I am dreading coming to my "joke of a information thread."

I am still asking for help here!

Please, someone do sometjng about Joe ridiculous.... He shows pictures of is wife impregnated by a some beast and apparently likes beastility, talks of homosexual conduct he enjoys, and tries to antogonize our members that actually contribute useful info. I feel he has crossed the line and agree with MikeD that something needs done about his sicko queer/animal fetish fool!!! He has passed the line. Please take appropriate action...

I am sure not having a live fire video was only an oversight (I think you said you did not want to risk damaging your Saiga if my mermory servers correctly) and that currently you did not have a working prototype.

I never once said I was worried about damaging my saigas. I said at this point I didn't want to risk damaging the prototype.

I never once posted that I didn't have a working prototype. From my very first post on the subject (early March), I have had a working prototype.

Not having a live fire video was partly an oversight. I should have had one and would have had one if I had know about the WM.

I am back from the range. What a great time that was....did you guys miss me? Not much dialogue here today but a lot of viewing going on.

Please, someone do sometjng about Joe ridiculous.... He shows pictures of is wife impregnated by a some beast and apparently likes beastility, talks of homosexual conduct he enjoys, and tries to antogonize our members that actually contribute useful info. I feel he has crossed the line and agree with MikeD that something needs done about his sicko queer/animal fetish fool!!! He has passed the line. Please take appropriate action...

Get rid of the dult.

Get rid of the dult.

Please clarify your statement, Sir. I mearley pointed out the obvious; joe has hi-jacked this thread with his perverse thoughts and desires and has nothing useful contribute. It's not me, read the whole thread before you tell me to correct my languange. So please, refer to the correct individual to change his tone and statements. NOT ME!!! Unless your his gimp or something trying to defend a fool like that.

Get rid of the dult.

Please clarify your statement, Sir. I mearley pointed out the obvious; joe has hi-jacked this thread with his perverse thoughts and desires and has nothing useful contribute. It's not me, read the whole thread before you tell me to correct my languange. So please, refer to the correct individual to change his tone and statements. NOT ME!!! Unless your his gimp or something trying to defend a fool like that.

i think dult is refferring to joey... not you

Its past time for the moderators to step in and do the right thing.

personal attacks against Mike D (calling him a horses ass) or any other member are unacceptable .

Whatever the staffs personal feelings towards mike or his drum they should not sit idly by while Joe hilarious slanders his business and personal reputation , hurls personal insults and contributes to this thread and this forum only in a negative manner. His conduct reflects negatively on this forum and its staff for allowing it. he has had 28 posts to contribute something positive and has failed to do anything but antagonize the membership , even mcuzi contributed some positive input between racist rants and personal attacks.

Joe's IP address should be banned and everyone of his posts deleted.

personal attacks against Mike D (calling him a horses ass) or any other member are unacceptable .

Whatever the staffs personal feelings towards mike or his drum they should not sit idly by while Joe hilarious slanders his business and personal reputation , hurls personal insults and contributes to this thread and this forum only in a negative manner. His conduct reflects negatively on this forum and its staff for allowing it. he has had 28 posts to contribute something positive and has failed to do anything but antagonize the membership , even mcuzi contributed some positive input between racist rants and personal attacks.

+1 I would like to clean up all the unuseful post in the thread. I thought of starting another one and transfer the useful info to it but know that Joe would just move to that one.

+1 I would like to clean up all the unuseful post in the thread. I thought of starting another one and transfer the useful info to it but know that Joe would just move to that one.

can he be bannished to the trash can?

we could still bag on him when we get bored

Best I can tell, this is the last constructive post of this thread. JH, I'll challenge you to post when you have constructive criticism. I'm guessing that you either feel you are in the middle of a witch hunt or enjoying the attention. Realize that our perspective is that you aren't adding anything to the forum. Can't take your posts seriously when you follow with the playground responses.

My comments below.

There can be no progress made without dialogue and no gain without the pain.

I guess. Seems like the WM guys did it without a dialog, and MD seems to have it pretty far along without much input

Conflict can be good if it can be controlled.

Agreed

It is too easy to distrust members with opposing points of view and just hate them.

MD, and I'm guessing that anyone else who read your first threads, sensed some chicanery. Truth is that you can't really be proven to NOT be working for WM. Best buds, cousins, other forum connections, remote employee, internet redirections ... I can't really know if your really not connected. Being in a different location isn't very conclusive. Granted, it's tough to prove the lack of a connection. Normally don't need to. For me, I just try to read the content and evaluate it for what it says on it's own, regardless of it's source. I agree with some of your assessments.

This product will not ship without a reality check, it is difficult for things to get to market. There are many hurdles that have to be overcome yet, just view me as the reality check.

This is one assessment that I agree with. Things I think are still being decided on are 3" vs 2 3/4, your spring man, your feed lips, embedding metal vs not, hmmm not sure what else. I was a little surprised that all of this could be "up in the air" on the eve of mold creation. But I know nothing of your design, of the steps involved in making a plastic product, etc. My generic advice, take your time, get it the way you want it. If deadlines slip, I expect it, if not I'm pleasantly surprised. Off the type of my head, the Mueller scope, shrike upper, AGP mags, Ian's S12 mags (still don't have metal hi caps), ultimak rail, halo handguard, etc. They all take longer than originally anticipated. But make sure you get it right the first time, shipping a defective product will mean either bending over backwards to make it right (AGP feed lips = handled right) or ruining your reputation. Take your time between production and shipping. Get a handful of testers to wring it out with a variety of shells, shooting styles, shotguns, etc. i.e., my AGP ss feedlips worked fine untill I shot it in the cold.

I have heard discussions that I think can help in your development. The 2 3/4 inch will be easier to make than the 3 inch. There is a large variance in manufacturers lengths in the 3 inch ammunition and that will probably preclude the 3 inch product from being easy to make. Otherwise you will be limited to specific manufacturers of 3" ammunition I think. I have not verified this, but I heard someone complaining about it a gun event. I also understand that the saiga-12's have a wide variance in the attachments that they can accept. It makes me wonder how Saiga can ship similar products with such different characteristics for accepting clips. This makes no sense, ist it true? It does make me concerned that I can order something and it might not work with my equipment.

Seems well meaning, but the simple fact is that the variances in shotguns mag openings and mag releases mean that S12 owners sometimes need to file a bit here and there to get them to fit. No big deal, part of the factory set up, if the drums are the same it's due to the nature of the shotty.

As for 3 inch shotshell variations, first I'm hearing of it. Likely true , I don't shoot the big stuff. Still, the simple answer is to match the factor dimensions. Any shell that works in a factory mag will work in the drum. Good enough for me. I'm warming to the idea of a 3" mag as it mimics factory dimensions, but don't think it will be used much, and hope it wouldn't set back the project. Won't affect my decision either way.

This is like the GPS I just purchased and by the time i got finished I had buy a new radio. Its always something!

As mentioned, tweaking a mag to fit a gun is standard fair for the S12 platform, if this bothers you consider another shotgun?

You seem hung up on a date that was thrown out on a internet chat forum. Personally, it's not a big deal to me. If I polled the board if hitting the deadline meant much and the answer was "no" would you let it go?

This is one assessment that I agree with. Things I think are still being decided on are 3" vs 2 3/4, your spring man, your feed lips, embedding metal vs not, hmmm not sure what else. I was a little surprised that all of this could be "up in the air" on the eve of mold creation.

The mold shop said that the modified 3D cad for the 3inch design would be done this week. I will then email the cad to a rapid prototype company. From the day they recieve the cad, they should have the prototype to me in 3days. Day I send it, they make it. Day 2 they ship it. Day 3 I receive it. I will be paying 25% more for it to be expidited like this. The ordinary ship time is 4 to 6 days. I will be paying a few hundred more just to save a couple of days.

The same company will be making the spring, feedlips and back plate retaining clip. He said that they had a machine that would spit the springs out like crazy. He said that he would scan the feedlips with a laser to get the exact deminsions of them. Also the feedlips and retaining clips will be cut buy a laser. This saves the cost of making 2 seperate dies that would have cost around $20,000.00. I haven't got a solid quote from him yet but he assured it would be between x and z and it was acceptable even if it was z. This part is covered.

The metal insert. The mold shop said that it wouldn't add time to making the mold, to add a metal insert. It would just add to material cost. And it would increase the cycle time of a drum due to haveing to put the insert in by hand. I just need to figure out what it will cost to add an insert to the drum. I am trying to keep the sale price as low as I can. If it adds to much to the cost or cycle time I might not do it.

I know that things can come up to post pone the production. We have seen it a lot. I tried to work some time into it for delays. I am afraid that stoping to test a 3 inch design will use up all that extra time. This worries me because it almost always seems like something happens to delay things. Either way, I am not rushing this. I want to make sure that everything is right. Thanks for the questions.

the wraithmaker looks like a piece of crap. ill buy a drum if they look anything close to the ak style drums, which from the side profiles they do. 200 bucks at this point sounds like a bargain, hope a price deduction would be in order after initial investment has been recouped, even if only for S-12 forum members. i fully support the raping of the wallets of foriegn countries if they buy them...

the wraithmaker looks like a piece of crap. ill buy a drum if they look anything close to the ak style drums, which from the side profiles they do. 200 bucks at this point sounds like a bargain, hope a price deduction would be in order after initial investment has been recouped, even if only for S-12 forum members. i fully support the raping of the wallets of foriegn countries if they buy them...

At first I'm not going to offer a discount for quantitiy. I am also going to try and encourage people not to try and buy them up to resell and for dealers to wait for quantity orders.

Other than a select few, you know who you are, I plan to sell strictly to the US market. If it gets to the point that sales slow in country I will offer them internationally. I just want to make sure that the everyone that wants one here has a chance. Just in case the democrats pass new gun laws and bans.

I wanted to offer strickly to forum members, untill sales slowed here, before I released to the general public. Makc raised a good point though that people would join just to order one and would never come back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this without causeing a flood of unwanted, ghost profiles?

Edited by Mike Davidson

At first I'm not going to offer a discount for quantitiy. I am also going to try and encourage people not to try and buy them up to resell and for dealers to wait for quantity orders.

Other than a select few, you know who you are, I plan to sell strictly to the US market. If it gets to the point that sales slow in country I will offer them internationally. I just want to make sure that the everyone that wants one here has a chance. Just in case the democrats pass new gun laws and bans.

I wanted to offer strickly to forum members, untill sales slowed here, before I released to the general public. Makc raised a good point though that people would join just to order one and would never come back.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this without causeing a flood of unwanted, ghost profiles?

Mike,maybe offer them first to the ones with a forum join date either before you announced the drum being made or before you announced them for sale to forum members.....or anywhere inbetween.

Edited by Pointer
Mike,maybe offer them first to the ones with a forum join date either before you announced the drum being made or before you announced them for sale to forum members.....or anywhere inbetween.

I thought of something like that. It sounded good at first, but there is no way to send a mass email to site members. If there was I could go to the members list and select all and send a private link to them. The only way I can think to do it would be to send everyone an individual email, and with this many members, would take forever.

Edited by Mike Davidson
Best I can tell, this is the last constructive post of this thread. JH, I'll challenge you to post when you have constructive criticism. I'm guessing that you either feel you are in the middle of a witch hunt or enjoying the attention. Realize that our perspective is that you aren't adding anything to the forum. Can't take your posts seriously when you follow with the playground responses.

My comments below.

There can be no progress made without dialogue and no gain without the pain.

I guess. Seems like the WM guys did it without a dialog, and MD seems to have it pretty far along without much input

Conflict can be good if it can be controlled.

Agreed

It is too easy to distrust members with opposing points of view and just hate them.

MD, and I'm guessing that anyone else who read your first threads, sensed some chicanery. Truth is that you can't really be proven to NOT be working for WM. Best buds, cousins, other forum connections, remote employee, internet redirections ... I can't really know if your really not connected. Being in a different location isn't very conclusive. Granted, it's tough to prove the lack of a connection. Normally don't need to. For me, I just try to read the content and evaluate it for what it says on it's own, regardless of it's source. I agree with some of your assessments.

This product will not ship without a reality check, it is difficult for things to get to market. There are many hurdles that have to be overcome yet, just view me as the reality check.

This is one assessment that I agree with. Things I think are still being decided on are 3" vs 2 3/4, your spring man, your feed lips, embedding metal vs not, hmmm not sure what else. I was a little surprised that all of this could be "up in the air" on the eve of mold creation. But I know nothing of your design, of the steps involved in making a plastic product, etc. My generic advice, take your time, get it the way you want it. If deadlines slip, I expect it, if not I'm pleasantly surprised. Off the type of my head, the Mueller scope, shrike upper, AGP mags, Ian's S12 mags (still don't have metal hi caps), ultimak rail, halo handguard, etc. They all take longer than originally anticipated. But make sure you get it right the first time, shipping a defective product will mean either bending over backwards to make it right (AGP feed lips = handled right) or ruining your reputation. Take your time between production and shipping. Get a handful of testers to wring it out with a variety of shells, shooting styles, shotguns, etc. i.e., my AGP ss feedlips worked fine untill I shot it in the cold.

I have heard discussions that I think can help in your development. The 2 3/4 inch will be easier to make than the 3 inch. There is a large variance in manufacturers lengths in the 3 inch ammunition and that will probably preclude the 3 inch product from being easy to make. Otherwise you will be limited to specific manufacturers of 3" ammunition I think. I have not verified this, but I heard someone complaining about it a gun event. I also understand that the saiga-12's have a wide variance in the attachments that they can accept. It makes me wonder how Saiga can ship similar products with such different characteristics for accepting clips. This makes no sense, ist it true? It does make me concerned that I can order something and it might not work with my equipment.

Seems well meaning, but the simple fact is that the variances in shotguns mag openings and mag releases mean that S12 owners sometimes need to file a bit here and there to get them to fit. No big deal, part of the factory set up, if the drums are the same it's due to the nature of the shotty.

As for 3 inch shotshell variations, first I'm hearing of it. Likely true , I don't shoot the big stuff. Still, the simple answer is to match the factor dimensions. Any shell that works in a factory mag will work in the drum. Good enough for me. I'm warming to the idea of a 3" mag as it mimics factory dimensions, but don't think it will be used much, and hope it wouldn't set back the project. Won't affect my decision either way.

This is like the GPS I just purchased and by the time i got finished I had buy a new radio. Its always something!

As mentioned, tweaking a mag to fit a gun is standard fair for the S12 platform, if this bothers you consider another shotgun?

You seem hung up on a date that was thrown out on a internet chat forum. Personally, it's not a big deal to me. If I polled the board if hitting the deadline meant much and the answer was "no" would you let it go?

I was out of town this weekend, but I am back now. I have not had time to review everything yet, but i will provide input in time. (Probably tomorrow). Have a nice night and enjoy the discussion.

jh

Dammit !!!!!

I waited until right before bed to get my nightly dose of condescending negativity from JoeHilarious, and find he hasn't had time to review the latest posting, and that I'll have to wait (breathlessly) for his input !!!! OH NO !!!!

Whatever will I do without that input ????? What if Mike's drum is a day late to come into production?????? OH NO !!!!!

What a waste of time. To stop attention-whores, stop paying attention. Go Amish on him: SHUN HIM. He's just trying (successfully) to draw you in.........just ignore him.

Dammit !!!!!

I waited until right before bed to get my nightly dose of condescending negativity from JoeHilarious, and find he hasn't had time to review the latest posting, and that I'll have to wait (breathlessly) for his input !!!! OH NO !!!!

Whatever will I do without that input ????? What if Mike's drum is a day late to come into production?????? OH NO !!!!!

What a waste of time. To stop attention-whores, stop paying attention. Go Amish on him: SHUN HIM. He's just trying (successfully) to draw you in.........just ignore him.

:lolol::lolol:

Alright Joe I'll do it if it has to be me! Why not, won't hurt my "powertrip" reputation any at all...

As of right now you are officially warned and that new colored box that just appeared under you avatar will remind you of that. The reason is obvious so don't bother baiting me and trying to make me look bad.

Whatever "input" you decide to come back to this thread with, it better be something insightful or interesting and nothing that comes off as negative in ANY way! If you come back questioning my motives or judgement, I will take this as moderator abuse and you will get a second warning. If you wonder what happens the third time please try it and see. There is a hint in the fight club...I already told you if you don't believe Mike will have his drum ready when he says, then STFU and put your money where your mouth is.

Mike as long as you keep feeding this troll he will kep eating you from the inside out.

Thanks for responding to my diatribe. Hoping that clears the air of what there is to do.

As to the how to handle orders, I don't know if you can get involved with each order, but my suggestion would be to get a list of the current members, and thier join dates. Just cut the list off at either your first announcement, or today's date, or ???

Ask for the membername on each order that comes in. Keep the list in a spreadsheet, check them off as they order. After the first wave has finished (sales slow) then open it up to anyone (not newer members here so you don't incent the ghost accounts).

Some will say to allow members with x number of posts, but that's too easy to join and post a bunch of

"I agree"

responses to threads to run that up.

If the board can't dump a list of member names and join dates, let me know. I work in data a lot, I might be able to help you compile the list.

Thanks for responding to my diatribe. Hoping that clears the air of what there is to do.

As to the how to handle orders, I don't know if you can get involved with each order, but my suggestion would be to get a list of the current members, and thier join dates. Just cut the list off at either your first announcement, or today's date, or ???

Ask for the membername on each order that comes in. Keep the list in a spreadsheet, check them off as they order. After the first wave has finished (sales slow) then open it up to anyone (not newer members here so you don't incent the ghost accounts).

Some will say to allow members with x number of posts, but that's too easy to join and post a bunch of

"I agree"

If the board can't dump a list of member names and join dates, let me know. I work in data a lot, I might be able to help you compile the list.

thats a stupid idea if ive ever heard one...

the way you need to do orders is just make a website, have a preorder form on the site(of course give s-12.com first notice when the site goes live) and have a running inventory type system of how many preorders are available(like 1000 total preorders, someone orders 10 drums and it shows 990 left) dont do any "ill take X amount" style on a forum, its a nightmare(i know from selling just ak mags, its a complete pain in the ass and there is no control and its hard to limit overselling when you get 25pm's a day)

Alright Joe I'll do it if it has to be me! Why not, won't hurt my "powertrip" reputation any at all...

As of right now you are officially warned and that new colored box that just appeared under you avatar will remind you of that. The reason is obvious so don't bother baiting me and trying to make me look bad.

Whatever "input" you decide to come back to this thread with, it better be something insightful or interesting and nothing that comes off as negative in ANY way! If you come back questioning my motives or judgement, I will take this as moderator abuse and you will get a second warning. If you wonder what happens the third time please try it and see. There is a hint in the fight club...I already told you if you don't believe Mike will have his drum ready when he says, then STFU and put your money where your mouth is.

Mike as long as you keep feeding this troll he will kep eating you from the inside out.

Thankyou for the warning Cobra. I will try to control my negativity, it was way out there for a bit, but I think I am better now. I do have a question. How do I put my money where my mouth is. I will order one, I just need to know how and where to do it. I am ready, even though I tend to be negative!

"I agree"

the way you need to do orders is just make a website, have a preorder form on the site(of course give s-12.com first notice when the site goes live) and have a running inventory type system of how many preorders are available(like 1000 total preorders, someone orders 10 drums and it shows 990 left) dont do any "ill take X amount" style on a forum, its a nightmare(i know from selling just ak mags, its a complete pain in the ass and there is no control and its hard to limit overselling when you get 25pm's a day)

I never planned to take orders from "I'll take" posts. If you notice I said I "wanted" to be able to offer them strickly to forum members first, but I don't think there is any good way to do it without a lot of extra hassle on my part. More than likely, I will just have to make them avaliable to all. Orders will be placed on a websight like AGP did. You will have the option of credit card or to mail in your payment. The quantitiy avaliable will count down as well.

Hmmm, you haven't read very many of my posts, it gets better(worse) :o. But I love your reply. I kick out ideas ad naseum, let the requestor decide if they fill the bill.

I don't understand how your solution limits early orders forum members? That's what I was working towards.

It's manual (would require someone to check off on each order), and I see that MD will likely just open it up for orders I assume this means he doesn't want the headache of manually checking each order ... which is a good thing! Let's keep him focused on NLFD-20 production :)