WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally.... I think the avatar this dude picked for himself (especially considering his implied age) says it all.

"The only thing that can be truly relied on.... is change."

Edited by Gary

Umm what? You post a thread that you don't want any replies to? Can you explain just what the point of that is? You have not contributed anything useful with this post sir. It seems that all this post is designed to do is cause unrest and mutiny amoung the members. You have a gripe with the mods or want to deliver a message to them that is what the PM button is for. If you can't stand the heat and want to leave the kitchen then you know the way out. I for one will be sorry to lose you as a member. Obviously you are one of the types we like to keep around if you are not here for controversy, but to exchange useful info. Part of my job as a moderator is to keep an eye out for jerks and trolls who come here just to stir up shit and argue with people just for the sake of arguing. If you are referring to my banning of that bad dog then you obviously haven't noticed how much he liked to spew his vulgar bullshit on everyone he didn't agree with. THAT will no longer be tolerated here, not by me at least. THAT is what has happened to this forum if that is what you mean. It is growing and is becoming bigger so unfortunately there are more jerks finding their way in here. If someone is attacking you and being totally direspectful to you and others, then I will promise you that you will get the same protection.

But you posting this farewell thread and blaming your exit on mods out of control is no less silly than another distinguished member, whom I miss, that decided he could no longer take part in this forum that was tolerant of a particular other member's sexual preference. That sir is absurd.

Leave if you must. Hopefully you will find another forum where there is a wealth of information shared by good people and that is more tolerant of assholes who like to make direct attacks on the moderating team or administrators!

Good day. :)

Please delete all of my info as I no longer wish to be a part of this forum!

I have strong beliefs about firearms also, as I have owned them for nearly 40 years. I am not going to comment on them though, as I will probably be banned from the forum if I did.

Why do you care if you're banned if you no longer wanna be a part here? I can't stand people who whine on a forum about how unhappy they are, and threaten to leave, then stay. Simply put, "Goodbye!" :rolleyes:

I hope everyone that remains with the forum takes a step back and steers this forum back to where it was, as if someone doesn't, the BATF may start reading all of these comments, if they aren't already.

Oooooohhhh! *shudder*

I've been a member in many forums, for many years, but I've never yet figured out why some people wish to announce they are leaving.

I guess he felt compelled to get in the last word. Things are alot more political on here because just like Juggernaut said, that's what is important right now. Look at all that's happened in the last few years...the '94 AWB expired, the war has escalated and become unpopular with many, the Democrats have gained power and put their biggest gun haters in important offices, New Orleans confiscations, a federal court overturns the DC ban, and now an even bigger school shooting.

Personnaly I think this forum is thriving, alot of new members that talk often, good moderators that care and get along most of the time, contributers both private and businesses that showcase their new products...mags, mounts, stocks, gunsmithing by Tromix... If the forum doesn't grow and get beyond "how do I put a pistol grip on my new saiga" questions, it dies.

Nobody is forcing anyone to talk politics, that's why the topics are divided into different sections. ^_^

You want to talk guns more, post a new topic, I can talk guns all day long.

I've been a member in many forums, for many years, but I've never yet figured out why some people wish to announce they are leaving.

I guess he felt compelled to get in the last word. Things are alot more political on here because just like Juggernaut said, that's what is important right now. Look at all that's happened in the last few years...the '94 AWB expired, the war has escalated and become unpopular with many, the Democrats have gained power and put their biggest gun haters in important offices, New Orleans confiscations, a federal court overturns the DC ban, and now an even bigger school shooting.

Personnaly I think this forum is thriving, alot of new members that talk often, good moderators that care and get along most of the time, contributers both private and businesses that showcase their new products...mags, mounts, stocks, gunsmithing by Tromix... If the forum doesn't grow and get beyond "how do I put a pistol grip on my new saiga" questions, it dies.

Nobody is forcing anyone to talk politics, that's why the topics are divided into different sections. ^_^

You want to talk guns more, post a new topic, I can talk guns all day long.

Well said KySoldier! :up: ... :up: ... :up:

Please delete all of my info as I no longer wish to be a part of this forum! When I came to this forum, it was a great place to get information on Saigas and products for Saigas. It has become too poltical for me! All of these hateful remarks on both sides has really taken away from this forum. I have strong beliefs about firearms also, as I have owned them for nearly 40 years. I am not going to comment on them though, as I will probably be banned from the forum if I did. We all have rights to express how we feel about firearms and firearms rights, I don't think a man should be banned because there is disagreement with his thoughts. The moderators and administrators of this forum have a great benifit over everyone else, if they don't like what is said then they delete you or your views from the forum. I am not taking sides with anyone, but it seems that some people can do or say what they want to and there are no reprocussions, and others are not allowed to say anything. Please don't reply to this as I will not respond to you. And I know that someone will say good riddence, and others will say WHO CARES, as I am not one that posts on everthing that is said as some do, just to see how many posts I can have. I hope everyone that remains with the forum takes a step back and steers this forum back to where it was, as if someone doesn't, the BATF may start reading all of these comments, if they aren't already.

will you take "dog" with you... he's more like a cat

I feel the political shift on the forum is a direct reflection of life in America.

Sadly, much politics going on right now for gun owners.

So true. Guess who gets to decide if you get to keep your gun? I'll give you a hint. That would be politicians. Hope you get the connection between politicians and politics. Ignore the politics and you'll lose your gun. Still think politics aren't important on a gun forum? I'm surprised this guy is pissed about politics being discussed but has no problem with the joke section.

I feel the political shift on the forum is a direct reflection of life in America.

So true. Guess who gets to decide if you get to keep your gun? I'll give you a hint. That would be politicians. Hope you get the connection between politicians and politics. Ignore the politics and you'll lose your gun. Still think politics aren't important on a gun forum? I'm surprised this guy is pissed about politics being discussed but has no problem with the joke section.

DELETED

Edited by pesterbox

I don't need to be preached to about how important politics are, look at what the Democrats have just accomplished in then House and senate. The part that bothers me is that 32 people were killed and that is politics. Then we need 10 round mags for the Saiga 12 , no excuse me we need 20 round mags for the Saiga 12, when will it stop. I know of no one that was killed, but I have a son and it could have been him as well as anyone else. I was mainly taking up for Sompod as to the magazine capacity not for dog. YOU talk about politics, the only reason the weapons ban has not been reintroduced is because the Democrats want the precidency, after that they will be no stopping them and whether you like it or not, the talk of 20 round Saiga mags, etc, will sure play politics, but it want be for the gun owners. Whether you like it or not, there is a growing number of people, more than there are gun owners, who do not like guns and do not want anyone else to have them, by making more and more round magazines available you are only falling into there talk of GUN NUTS!

Uh, for one thing, these are your words:

It has become too poltical for me!

Second, show where I ever said anything about 'more and more round magazines available'? If I did, I must have really tied one on that night cause I sure as hell don't remember it. I'm on here because I believe 100% in the right to bear arms. And that is political. No way around it. Oh, BTW, I don't 'preach' politics. I just discuss them, thank you very much.

i think i offended him...

he refuses to understand that politics affect us directly

I really couldn't possibly care less if someone is offended by the truth. We just pointed out that politics are a very real part of life and a very big part of gun ownership. Ya ain't gotta like it but ya gotta deal with it. Or leave.

I'd defend him since you all be a bunch of big meanies :haha: , but what He's complaining about doesn't make any sense so :bann: . Politics is everywhere from kindergarten to corporate America.

So Pesterbox, if your still listening, don't go quietly into that dark night. Say what you will and make them ban you. Stand up and be a man. If you have convictions, stand by them even unto death. The only thing Fools and Evil men and democrats can take from you is life. They cannot touch your Honor, which is all that really matters. :zorro::ph34r::batman: