http://natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentID=pr...p;prodID=CC3570

CCI BLAZER 45 ACP 230GR FMJ $10.89/box can be had at the above link. This seems like a tremendous BARGAIN!!! What am I missing? Are there FTF or problems with reloading? Why so cheap? Your input solicited and appreciated. I am 1911 for a reason. :)

Blazer was originally made with an aluminum case thats not reloadable. I think they are also making a brass cased Blazer round and that should be reloadable. Some makers dont want alum cases used in their firearms so check on that.

Edited by ironhead7544

the blazer brass ammo feeds and functions perfectly.

they seem under powered though since they shoot about 4 inches lower than the winchester and federal.

they also seem to be abit dirty, but they do group decently.

for the price you can't beat it.

I've fired plenty of CCI balzer aluminium in .40S&W in a Glock 22, no problems with it in my experience.

An acquaintance of ours works at the ATK factory nearby. We shoot "engineering samples".

Good to have acquaintances like that!

• 2 weeks later...
http://natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentID=pr...p;prodID=CC3570

CCI BLAZER 45 ACP 230GR FMJ $10.89/box can be had at the above link. This seems like a tremendous BARGAIN!!! What am I missing? Are there FTF or problems with reloading? Why so cheap? Your input solicited and appreciated. I am 1911 for a reason. :)

At eleven dollars a box I don't consider that much of a bargain especially when you add shipping. I don't know where you live but I can get it locally a few dollars a box cheaper. As far as it shooting, I have shot 100's through most all of my .45's and the ran fine. I have a friend with a .357 Desert Eagle (I don't know why. Huge over priced .357) and his gun would not shoot reliably with anything but Blazer. They are cheaper because of the aluminum nonreloadable cases. I don't know if the brass cased Blazers are going to be as inexpensive. At the price I can get them compared to others they are nice for range day.

Just found a WalMart that had the Blazer 45 brass cased for $10.49 a box......minus my wifes Walmart 10% discount it was $9.40 :) Clerk said they were about a buck cheaper not to long ago.

NC Wally Worlds have Blazer Brass is 10.97 a box of 50. Good groupings not the dirtiest... Winchester box of 100 was only $26.

• 2 weeks later...
Just the one up the street from my house, here in Little Mexico, Texas. That's San Antonio, for all you yankee folk!

Shotguncowboy; which Wally-World is it at. I'll be in S.A. next week so I might as well pick some up. By the way I'm here in L.A.II(Austin), it's not the same town it once was.

Edited by j.r.flaco