Drum profile pics!

First off. This is not my working prototype. But it is the exact dimensions of my model. It is not a working prototype so please don't ask for live fire vids. I can't provide them right now. The prototype is retired for now. It is not the strongest thing there is and me taking a chance on messing something isn't worth it. I know it works, posting vids won't spped up production or anything. I hope you all would trust that I made damn certain it worked before turn the mold shop loose. I am far from a rich man and I wouldn't risk something as costly on just a hunch. You saw the hand cycle vid. It has the correct angle and does fire true.

The pics you are looking at is for profile purpuses only. It is a very rough copy and has been spray painted black. It was originally clear. It is an actly copy though. Also if you notice. you can see that I probably would only have to add a 1/4 inch to make it fire both 3 inch and 2 3/4 both. I still haven't decided if I will persue both. Hope these pics can hold you over for awhile. Notice it sits nice under the receiver.

post-2662-1177207517_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1177207524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Davidson

This prototype doesn't look real pretty....but it's a prototype and it's not supposed to look pretty. I saw your video of you cycling the shells through the Saiga...it appeared to be very reliable with no sign of jamming. I think you will have a good product when it gets into production. Thank you for keeping us informed

This prototype doesn't look real pretty....but it's a prototype and it's not supposed to look pretty. I saw your video of you cycling the shells through the Saiga...it appeared to be very reliable with no sign of jamming. I think you will have a good product when it gets into production. Thank you for keeping us informed

Doesn't look real pretty? It is dog ass ugly! The working prototype is ugly too. The production model will be a beauty.

Edited by Mike Davidson

switching to 3" MIGHT mean tweaking the angle. IIRC, the AGP mags don't like the 3" shells, at least not if loaded fully? Something to think about?

BTW, I have nothing against the 3" drum idea. It'll ensure that ALL 2 3/4 shells work. But it isn't really a selling point for me. I think 3 inch compatibility has 2 markets, the hunting crowd (or have they moved to the 3 1/2 platform?) and the "adreniline - bigger,better,faster,harder,thumpit" crowd which might be a key market. If it's stone cold reliable, then the SD/HD crowd might be interested too (some use 3", many use 2 3/4 but all might like the flexibility?).

switching to 3" MIGHT mean tweaking the angle. IIRC, the AGP mags don't like the 3" shells, at least not if loaded fully? Something to think about?

BTW, I have nothing against the 3" drum idea. It'll ensure that ALL 2 3/4 shells work. But it isn't really a selling point for me. I think 3 inch compatibility has 2 markets, the hunting crowd (or have they moved to the 3 1/2 platform?) and the "adreniline - bigger,better,faster,harder,thumpit" crowd which might be a key market. If it's stone cold reliable, then the SD/HD crowd might be interested too (some use 3", many use 2 3/4 but all might like the flexibility?).

3" drum would blast holes in alot... but kill the wallet

If I made it handle 3inch, it would still handle 2 3/4. If it turned out that it would only work with 3 inch there is no way I would change design.

If I made it handle 3inch, it would still handle 2 3/4. If it turned out that it would only work with 3 inch there is no way I would change design.

if i had half a brain i would have thought about that :unsure:

I realized that it isn't a finished model, but that looks absolutely awsome. Less than 3 years ago, right before the '94 AWB sunsetted, this was our wet dream. A 20rd drum fed AK based 12ga semiauto. That still sounds awsome. Hell, we were stoked with being able to put pistol grips on our guns let alone 8rd mags.

If these run reliable, I will be buying at least 2. I may even sell off a AR and put the money into drums & mags for my Saiga. As I stated before, magazines make the Saiga. If the only mags around were 2rounders, very few of us would be so into our Saigas. The more and bigger mags the merrier. I may be a mall ninja at heart, but this is exactly the stuff I love (along with tan ARs, Beta-C mags, etc.). This will raise my dirt-shooter street cred!

If a natural disaster/riots hit my home, that is what I am keeping in the car with me along with my semi .308 rifle. I bet at least 1 police agency adopts it for road block work. A 20rd drum loaded with slugs will definitely slow a car down.

Now that I think of it, another name suggestion

roadblocker-20 (based on Itaca's 10ga semi Roadblocker)

1.25pounder

black box-20

lead poisioner-20