Oooooo, nice. May I ask what you paid? 1964, that makes it a 2A right?

I just bought a '65 2A myself, $200 otd. Shot it today, very accurate... and heavy, which makes it soft on the shoulder.

post-4495-1177300656_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArcFault
Oooooo, nice. May I ask what you paid? 1964, that makes it a 2A right?

I just bought a '65 2A myself, $200 otd. Shot it today, very accurate... and heavy, which makes soft on the shoulder.

yepper, a 2a :)

it was $175 cash OTD, but that's because I buy a gun from that particular dealer every year, and it still took me a half hour of shooting the shit with him to get him down to $175. but hey, that's half the fun of a show.

They are surprisingly accurate. I put 12rds thru it this afternoon, at 50 yds. ( my back yard 'picnic table range')

The first 7 rds were in a 3" group, then i calmed down and remembered to breathe and put the last 5 rds in a nickle-sized group. what can i say, i get excited taking a new rifle out for the first time.

You're right about it being heavy, too. I definitely wouldn't want to march 50 miles with it, but I still love it!

You're right about it being heavy, too. I definitely wouldn't want to march 50 miles with it, but I still love it!

:lol: My friend kept saying he wouldnt want to be at the bottom of a hill with it.

They only made about 50,000 of the 2As as opposed to 350,000 of the 2A1s, for what ever that is worth. The only real difference is the rear sight leaf. Surplusrifle.com has a few articles on them in the SMLE no.1 mkIII section, check them out if you haven't already.

$175, good find!

btw, unless you go soft in the head don't ever remove the extractor spring, it takes two men and a boy to get it back in, seriously.

Edited by ArcFault

My wife has caught on and don't let me go to fun shows be myself anymore....... :unsure:

Best move I ever made was getting her, her own weapon.

After shooting a few times, I'm hoping she will be hooked!

$weet find!

Ishapore's are the only .308 Enfields safe to shoot. The Indians used chromemolly steel.

I picked one up at a local gunshow for $150, but the headspace is too large. Numerich had a good used barrel for about $40 clams.

Someday I will get around to putting the two together. Your's is shure a lot prettier than mine!

I love mine, one of the best deals I found at $125 at a pawn shop shortly before AIM started selling them. I canibalized mine and went the sporter route, but in either case there's some good information on accurizing and working the trigger on Surplusrifle.com.

I've made a few more changes since this, but they can be made in to a very nice looking sporter with a little work. I have a S&K scope mount now, I couldn't get the B-Square to stay tight. Now I just wish there was a source of good cheap mags just to have some extra's.

post-1866-1177534764_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm

AIM, E-mailed yesterday. Ordered the carbine without bayonet lug for $229. Get upto 3 140rd S. African battlepacks for $43 each. Ordered them also. Looks like jungle carbine. They price of S. African if found figured $100 savings on ammo. Got 3 weapons at dealer now waiting on me. :smoke: