Shotgun sounds more like it, when I heard it it was jsut coming out in the news.

now the only quote i can find is from a bystander who said he had a "big gun"

but really, it doesnt matter.. it's just another pre-election year shooting that gets the brady bunch all riled up.

I said it before and I will say it again. HOW COME FINLAND AND SWITZERLAND where everyone has an automatic weapons at home, dobn't have people go bonkers and go on a shooting spree? Could it be that it is a symptom that something is wrong with our society?

I know people in Russia who are TOTALY broke, barely making the ends meet, but, despite having a pump action shotguns, they are not going on a killing spree. A bunch of good friends, few bottles of Vodka, a good heart to heart conversation and you feel MUCH better.

Hmm, suspect had a "Big Gun"? :unsure:

I don't remember ever being in K.C. MO. recently. :(

Kansas is the most boring state I've ever been in and I've been in most. I want to know how Dorothy got out. Far as I can tell, it takes an act of God to get out of that state. :)

I know people in Russia who are TOTALY broke, barely making the ends meet, but, despite having a pump action shotguns, they are not going on a killing spree. A bunch of good friends, few bottles of Vodka, a good heart to heart conversation and you feel MUCH better.

there are destitute people who dont flip out are here, too. I've been one of them.

a man with a shitload of weapons who slept with a hat and jacket during the winter, and woke to see his breath condensing in the air.

I never went on a killing spree, either.

stop generalizing about americas cultural problems... just stop. you have no idea who the people you're talking to really are, you pompous little shit.

there are destitute people who dont flip out are here, too. I've been one of them.

a man with a shitload of weapons who slept with a hat and jacket during the winter, and woke to see his breath condensing in the air.

stop generalizing about americas cultural problems... just stop. you have no idea who the people you're talking to really are, you pompous little shit.

Amen on that one.

Ok. The second you reduce yourself to insults is the second you LOST THE ARGUMENT. Here is a final nail into that coffin:

Now YOU TELL ME how come americans rather often go nuts and go on a shooting sprees? In Canada you can buy Norinco M14, as deadly of a rifle as any. They don't go nuts that often. In Italy you have Tanfoglio and Beretta available for sale. You know, Tanfoglio Witness in 10mm is a pretty VICIOUS piece of work... Yet people don't go nuts that often. Switzerland, Sweeden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Checz. Guns are available in ALL of those countries. Yet, people do not go bonkers and start shooting up everything in sight. If I am generalizing and you are so smart, now YOU TELL ME WHY!!! If you are so smart, tell me...

Here is a hint: It ain't because the guns are available. It is something to do with SOCIETY and CULTURE.

And you never will be able to explain to me different. You already admited your defeat when you swore at me in knowledge that you have nothing of value, no valid argument to contribute, to counter my statements.

So, Don't be a hatah, bro.

You didn't go nuts. Good 4 U. I am glad, because that would give one more excuse for the Feds to take away MY guns. I guess that makes you an exception to the rule. Remember, the US saying "Going Postal", became known world wide, not without the reason too.

We are overstressed and overworked. That definitely contribues something. Our pace of life is simply too fast. That contributes something. There are other factors... Little by little it all adds and then... someones mind goes SNAP!!! and you read about it in the paper. And then Liberals start howling about "evils of guns". Forgetting that it ain't the gun, its a user. And a user is but a human being and human being are nothing more then a product of genetics and their environment. Take a psychology class if you doubt these words.

I would also want to politely ask you to refrain from insults, else I will be forced to report you to the moderators.

blah, blah, blah...

...I would also want to politely ask you to refrain from insults, else I will be forced to report you to the moderators.

2birds.jpg

Wow, did you come up with that uncanny display of the levels your intelligence all by yourself or did your parents help you?

Or is that your portrait?

Edited by Tigerclaw_x

+1! I can't stand to hear people compare the USA to Russia or Italy or Japan or Finland or even Canada. The USA is totally unique in it's situation. We have the most diverse population, we have people from every walk of life, every country, religion, culture, upbringing, philosophy....etc. Russia is mostly Russians. Italy is mostly Italians. Japan is just full of Japanese. We don't have a 2,000+ year old homogenous culture- so don't try to draw conclusions by comparing us to one and act like it's all so obvious.

+1! I can't stand to hear people compare the USA to Russia or Italy or Japan or Finland or even Canada. The USA is totally unique in it's situation. We have the most diverse population, we have people from every walk of life, every country, religion, culture, upbringing, philosophy....etc. Russia is mostly Russians. Italy is mostly Italians. Japan is just full of Japanese. We don't have a 2,000+ year old homogenous culture- so don't try to draw conclusions by comparing us to one and act like it's all so obvious.

Ok, lets talk civilly. Number 1. In Russia there are NOT only Russians. There are over 100 nationalities living there. Some are Slavik, others not. Even Slavic nationalities differ in temperament and culture.

Number 2. Canada is often reffered to as "mini USA". It has people from all walks of life, very diverse population as well. To start with, there are French Canadians, British Canadians, Polish, Germans, Russians, Ukrainians, Chech, Native Americans, Chinese, Blacks, and yes, Italians too. Canada is just about as diverse as USA, just GO there and SEE for yourself.

Just like in USA there is some bad blood between North and South, in Canada there is some bad blood between British and French. I, however, agree with you on other points. Most of them. I dunno if you ever BEEN in Italy, but I have. Let me tell you, they are NOT homogeneous culture. North Italy is pretty much different from South. And Sicilly is another animal in it of itself.

Same with Germany, each Province is Different in culture and Outlook. Let me remind you that the very same "homogeneous" germans have slaughtered 3/4 of each other during 30 years war. They do NOT have homogeneous culture. They had religious wars on their territory and they are still different religions there.

Now, interesting that you brought in Japan. Yes, people are mostly Japanese there. However, they too have rivalries between different areas of Japan. I will also tell you that Japanese snap pretty often as well.

As far as the "culture". Finland was a PROVINCE all its life. It was a province of Sweeden. Then it became a province of Russian Empire, gaining an independance only in 1918. They DO NOT have 2000 year culture. Considering that they were pretty much backwards savages until Sweeden took them in. Same goes for the Lymphthropic Baltic States, that where under someones heel all of their lives. They do not have a single culture, a single ethnicity. In fact right now, the ethnic tensions are VERY high there. Yet, nobody goes bonkers with a shotgun in a mall.

Hense, we have to raise a question: WHY DOES THIS HAPPENS IN USA MORE OFTEN PER CAPITA?

Here are the possible answers:

1) Guns are available readily and must be banned. Which is obviously a LIE

2) Americans are genetically different from other people and have a dormant "Postal Gene" that wakes up in them occasionally, forcing them to go postal. Obviously this is also a lunacy of the first degree.

3) Americans are all playing violent videogames and movies, then they start thinking that they are Rambo and Freddy Krueger and then they go nuts. Movies must be banned. Obviously this is also idiotic.

4) Americans are listening to gangsta rap, all of them. So the go and imitate what they hear. Gangsta rap must be banned.

This is just about as idiotic then number 3.

5) White americans are evil by definition. All mass murderers were whites. Whites are children of Devil. I heard that quite often from my black friends. While all this is supported by data, it is still a false and dumb accusation.

6) OTHER REASON. I think the reasons here are purely social. We do not differ from other people genetically. We have no "evil postal gene", we have no "John Wayne gene", we have no "Rambo gene"... We differ from other people SOCIALLY. Just like in Europe, a social make up of Italy differs from a social make up of Spain. (And that is DESPITE them being neighbours).

What is it exactly? I can probably speculate, however, those are only my opinions. Americans, however do suffer from Depression more then any other country in the world. More Americans go to a social worker then any other people in the world. We have over 60% of population on antidepressants. You think that is not a signal? (though I dunno what it signals)

Why? I honestly dunno. I have my opinions (Too fast pace of life, not enough human/human contact). However, since I do not have a Master Degree in Sociology, I can't claim to be an expert on this. I am not comparing USA to ANYTHING. I am just trying to statistically analyse the data. No more and no less. I will welcome any empirical data to the contrary.

I invite you all to a discussion, not a flame. Any data you submit to me will be taken with gratitude. Educate me. Share your knowlege with me and help me make a better, more justified opinion on the situation.

With all respects

TC

Tigerclaw_x,

I have to admit I finally agree with the bulk of what you just said. I spent 13 years in Germany (...In Deutschland is meine Heimat...). My wife? Try living in Vicenza, Italy. The Italians there regard the Italians in the Tyrol as 'non-Italians' as they are more Germanic than Italian... and vice-versa. The Italians around Venezia (Venice) regard themselves -- but not the people of Rome -- as true Italians. Those in Rome are 'more Italian' than the people of Naples while virtually everybody in Italy considers Sicilians as... well, you get the picture.

You are also correct in your depiction of the people who comprise 'die Deutsche Volk' (yes, even while they proclaim themselves to be 'ein Volk' -- 'One People') have their regional differences.

My own ancestry is a combination of the Devil's own brewing -- Irish/English/Scots, three groups who share long-standing antagonisms. Ever hear the Irish "4-Fold Toast to the Peoples of the British Isles"? It goes:

"Here's a toast to the Irish who'll fight and die for any cause in the world -- as long as they can't understand it.

Here's a toast to the Scots who save their souls -- and their pennies.

Here's a toast to the Welsh who pray upon their knees -- and prey upon their neighbors,

And here's a toast to the English who, as is well-known, are a self-made people -- which relieves the Almighty of a grave responsibility!"

Of course, we all recall that the Emerald Isle has been the home for UK home-grown terrorism for over a century -- terrorism that supported both sides! And both the Scots and the Welsh have had their own less-violent would-be revolutionary movements.

Regarding our Canadian neighbors, even in the 1880's they were often aghast at the gratuitous violence of the American cow hands who would show up with their pistols and rifles and celebrate -- and sometimes feud -- with a great display of gunfire. In other words, there has been a very long-standing difference in culture. Many Americans don't realize this as, on the surface, life in Canada seems just like it does here. Which it is not, at least not totally.

BTW, Tigerclaw, I used to go to the Vancouver Bar in St. Nicklaus and drink up my share of Jupiler Biere. Even better was the Martin's Pale Ale I used to get near the bahnhof in Antwerpen. Great stuff the color of rich mahogany, served at room temperature and with a head of foam that never seems to subside.

I got along quite well in whatever country I found myself by more-or-less conforming to their standards and forgetting that, as an American, the entire world was 'my' birthright. In Germany, my family and I learned to change in many small ways -- the way we dressed, observance of 'quiet hours', sending our daughter to gynasium rather than the American high school, even changing how we stood and walked, how we shopped for food -- and we found life richer for it.

Now, just exactly how this quite fits into this thread I am not sure... except that there are difference between countries and within countries, even within ethnic groups and that name calling by anyone serves no greater good. Resoned discussion, as suggested in the last two lines of your last submission, can and will shed light and better understanding among us.

Edited by Aethelbert
Tigerclaw_x,

I have to admit I finally agree with the bulk of what you just said. I spent 13 years in Germany (...In Deutschland is meine Heimat...). My wife? Try living in Vicenza, Italy. The Italians there regard the Italians in the Tyrol as 'non-Italians' as they are more Germanic than Italian... and vice-versa. The Italians around Venezia (Venice) regard themselves -- but not the people of Rome -- as true Italians. Those in Rome are 'more Italian' than the people of Naples while virtually everybody in Italy considers Sicilians as... well, you get the picture.

You are also correct in your depiction of the people who comprise 'die Deutsche Volk' (yes, even while they proclaim themselves to be 'ein Volk' -- 'One People') have their regional differences.

:devil: My own ancestry is a combination of the Devil's own brewing -- Irish/English/Scots, three groups who share long-standing antagonisms. Ever hear the Irish "4-Fold Toast to the Peoples of the British Isles"? It goes:

"Here's a toast to the Irish who'll fight and die for any cause in the world -- as long as they can't understand it.

Here's a toast to the Scots who save their souls -- and their pennies.

Here's a toast to the Welsh who pray upon their knees -- and prey upon their neighbors,

And here's a toast to the English who, as is well-known, are a self-made people -- which relieves the Almighty of a grave responsibility!"

Of course, we all recall that the Emerald Isle has been the home for UK home-grown terrorism for over a century -- terrorism that supported both sides! And both the Scots and the Welsh have had their own less-violent would-be revolutionary movements.

Regarding our Canadian neighbors, even in the 1880's they were often aghast at the gratuitous violence of the American cow hands who would show up with their pistols and rifles and celebrate -- and sometimes feud -- with a great display of gunfire. In other words, there has been a very long-standing difference in culture. Many Americans don't realize this as, on the surface, life in Canada seems just like it does here. Which it is not, at least not totally.

BTW, Tigerclaw, I used to go to the Vancouver Bar in St. Nicklaus and drink up my share of Jupiler Biere. Even better was the Martin's Pale Ale I used to get near the bahnhof in Antwerpen. Great stuff the color of rich mahogany, served at room temperature and with a head of foam that never seems to subside.

I got along quite well in whatever country I found myself by more-or-less conforming to their standards and forgetting that, as an American, the entire world was 'my' birthright. In Germany, my family and I learned to change in many small ways -- the way we dressed, observance of 'quiet hours', sending our daughter to gynasium rather than the American high school, even changing how we stood and walked, how we shopped for food -- and we found life richer for it.

Now, just exactly how this quite fits into this thread I am not sure... except that there are difference between countries and within countries, even within ethnic groups and that name calling by anyone serves no greater good. Resoned discussion, as suggested in the last two lines of your last submission, can and will shed light and better understanding among us.

Dear Sir.

I thank you for your informative reply. There is a specific reason why I did not mention about the woes of the nationality relationships in UK. I didn't want to offend anyone. UK, same kingdom. Been same kingdom for a LOOONG time. Still, Irish, Welch, Scottish and Brits just do not get along. I think that I will not discover America if I submit to you that Irish British war continued up until very recently, fueled by historical rivalry and injustice towards Irish folks, and also by the Religious Difference. Yes. A democratic country, with 1000yo history had a religious/civil warfare that continued up until very recently.

So much for homogeneity of UK.

I still am trying to understand, how come when in Europe a kid is picked on in school, he goes into books, into studies, into hobbies, into videogames and doesn't comes to school with dads shotgun or pistol? How come the same kid will go into a martial arts club or a gym, pump himself up for a year or two and then delivers a very physical (though not lethal) payback?

Hell, I personally know a kid who got picked on in school, and he saved up some money and hired few local thugs who beat the living tar out of his tormentors. However, all my life in Russia and in Europe i have never EVER heard of ANYONE go nuts and start shooting up the place. Two drunkards going at it with kitchen knives? Yes. A dude in a drunken rage hacking the neighbours door with an ax only to be met with a double barrel shotgun? Yes. A man in a drunken rage stabbing his wife 15 times? Yes. However every incident that I have heard off, a person was DRUNK LIKE A SKUNK. Never... EVER did someone while being sober would grab his hunting rifle or shotgun and show up on a sporting event or in college or at work and start blasting the place. I do know of a guy back in Russia who while sober, came to work and BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF HIS BOSS!!! (While the rest of the office watched and grinned.) I said it before and I will say it again. Kids in Columbine lashed out on their tormentors. The guy at Virginia tech had a history of being treated like crap by his classmates in school. Is that an excuse? NO!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!! Is that part of cause? Yes!!!

Person who is well inside will not snap. I don't claim to be the most sane guy in the world, yet, I don't even want to THINK about pointing my weapons at a living creature. So, who snaps? Either people who are insane to begin with. Or people who psychie is not strong enough to handle the pressure that they are under. Insane are to be treated. As for others... Not everyone is strong. I think we need to be a bit more human and humane to those who surround us in our lives. BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!

I guess I'm not as worldy as you guys. Actualy I know that to be a fact. I still stand by what I said- America is too different to make an easy comparison. Even the fact that Canada is called "little America" Says it all- We have 300 million in the US, and there are about 40 million people in Canada for a similar sized land mass. Theres obviously a lot more legroom in Canada for people to stretch out. I'll bet they don't go on killing sprees as often because theres nothing within a 2 hour drive but moose and beaver. I'm just kidding but really, no matter how diverse Italy or Germany might seem- it's just not the same thing. Those different groups have probably been in that country for hundreds of years, still sneering at each other from distant hilltops for centuries. Nowhere else in the world can you have the progression of different immigrants in such a steady flow. One neighborhood might be predominantly Italian for 20 years, then transition to Greek, or Hispanic, or Korean. A few years later and the majority has changed again. It's just not somthing that happens in most other countries, not on this scale.

Cultural and verbal communication barriers, ingrained predjudice, our lust for violence and puritan phobia of sexuality, ass backwards self serving politicians, overbearing and over protective mothers, weak men- who can't raise a son to understand respect or understand it themselves, entire generations raised by TV and video games instead of by their parents, shit! We have plenty of things to point a finger at here before we bother to look over at how the neighbors are fairing. Doesn't seem like there's an easy or simple solution for it either. Somthing to scare the shit out of everyone, somthing that will knock the pretense and nonsense out of everyonese mind and remind them all whats important. I don't know.

-oops left out revolving door prisons that don't punish or reform, and instead serve as criminal training institutes.

Edited by JK-47

Ya know it's about time I shared a little something from behind the scenes to give ya'll a little taste of the kind of shit that we mods have to put up with constantly!

Tigerclaw we had to listen to repeated complaints likes this from others before we even started reigning you in...

You just can't seem to get it through your thick head that the more you are negative and condescending to our country and our forum members, the more mean things they are going to want to say and do to you...

OR is that EXACTLY what you want so you can continue to right your rants and arguments and have an audience???

This is my response to my fellow mod and good buddy Juggernaut. It's a response to a note to me about the ongoing problem we are having with TC-X.

This latest crap began when he pissed off someone, or several someones, whom I consider to be upstanding members (AND CONTRIBUTORS! BTW I just found out that Racegal55 just donated another 20 bucks, she didn't really have to give, because she just loves this forum that much...NOBEL!) and they responded to him with less than polite words(WOW what a surprise!). So he went and tattled to the mods just like he said he would...start at the bottom and figure it out from there.

Mornin' Drew

Just got done reading all the latest drivel...blablabla

What a fine way to waste a half hour of my time...

I think my buddy Aelthelbert said it well but he won't get it...CONFORM if you want to get along in a distant culture! Don't make an ASS out of yourself and expect respect! That was my take on it anyway.

I was getting ready to reply to your "buddy...lol" in a similar fashion. I was going to add that 44rdv4rk has been an upstanding member as well as a paid contributor here, who like a lot of us (MOST of us) are sick and tired of his bullshit argumentative threads designed specifically to get a rise out of someone and start this kind of petty bullshit that will ALWAYS end in ruffled feathers and name calling. He just loves it way too much and spends WAY too much time doing it.

I don't know about you but I'm about ready to tell him to take a hike!

I don't know about the majority of the membership but it IS my guess that over 3/4 of them, not just the Americans, are sick of his demeaning remarks about our country that we love and constant insults to our intelligence and history. I'm about two heartbeats from starting one of those "ban poles" myself!!! :bann:

To quote myself and even the owner of this forum on many occasions...

THIS IS A GUN FORUM!!!!

Sent this to my buddy!

Mr. Tigerclaw x

I believe you were reprimanded for not being rude once, but many times.

I WILL keep an eye on the situation, If he continues to seek and single you out (as you have done to others.) I WILL warn him.

*NOTE* Negative statements normally are met with negative responses from people.

QUOTEJuggernaut,

You have been sent this communication from Tigerclaw_x via the "Report this post to a moderator" link.

------------------------------------------------

Topic: Another shooting

Link to post: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...t=0&do=findComment&comment=141853

Report:

I was repremened for being rude. However, how come others are allowed to be not only rude but deliberately provoking a flame?

Regards,

The forum.Saiga-12.com team.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php

To add to Cobra's discontent, This type of arguing twist a thread so off topic that the only thing

it is good for is the trash can! There are a lot of good topics that will get canned because of crap like this!

Move the bullshit to the appropriate section of the forum!!!!

August 20, 1929 - The Hebron Massacre in Hebron, Israel - 67 killed

July 22, 1946 King David Hotel bombing in Jerusalem - 91 killed

May 17, 1974 Dublin and Monaghan Bombings in Ireland - 35 killed

March 11, 1978 Coastal Road massacre in Israel - 37 killed

June 23, 1985 Air India Flight 182 bombing over the Atlantic Ocean - 329 killed

December 21, 1988 Pan Am Flight 103 bombing over Scotland - 270 killed

July 6, 1989 Tel Aviv Jerusalem bus 405 massacre in Israel - 14 killed

July 5, 1993 Basbaglar Massacre [1] in Turkey - 30 killed

July 18, 1994 Jewish center bombing in Argentina - 85 killed

August 7, 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania - 224 killed

August 15, 1998 Omagh bombing in Northern Ireland- 29 killed

September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States - 2,973 killed

March 27, 2002 Passover massacre in Israel - 30 killed

October 12, 2002 Bali bombing in Indonesia - 202 killed

March 2, 2004 Ashura massacre in Iraq - 170 killed

11 March 2004 Madrid train bombings in Spain - 191 killed

August 24, 2004 Russian aircraft bombings in Russia- 89 killed

September 4, 2004 Beslan school hostage crisis in Russia - 344 killed

February 28, 2005 Al Hillah bombing in Iraq - 127 killed

7 July 2005 London bombings in England - 52 killed

11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings in India - 207 killed

March 27, 2007 Tal Afar bombings and massacre in Iraq - 152 killed

Tore Hedin (Hurva, Sweden, killed 9, 1952)

Harry Roberts (police killer, London, 1966)

Victor Ernest Hoffman (Shell Lake murders, in Shell Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada. August 15, 1967)

Woo Bum-Kon (Gyeongsang-namdo, South Korea, killing 57, 1982)

Denis Lortie (National Assembly of Quebec, May 8, 1984)

Jeremy Bamber (farmhouse family murders, Tolleshunt D'Arcy, Essex, England, 1985)

Andrew Walker, Scotland, killed 3 army colleagues, 1985

Iñaki de Juana Chaos, Spain, 1985-1986.

Michael Ryan, (Hungerford massacre, Berkshire, UK), 1987

Marc Lépine (École Polytechnique Massacre, Montreal, Quebec, 1989)

David Gray (Aramoana massacre, Otago, New Zealand, 13 & 14 November 1990)

Mattias Flink, (Falun, Sweden, killed 7, 1994)

Baruch Goldstein (Hebron, West Bank 1994)

Thomas Hamilton (Dunblane massacre, Dunblane, Scotland, 1996)

Martin Bryant (Port Arthur massacre, Australia, 1996)

Mohammad Ahman al-Naziri (Sanaa massacre, Sanaa, Yemen, 1997)

Dipendra of Nepal (Nepal, 2001)

Mamoru Takuma (Osaka school massacre, Osaka, Osaka, Japan, 2001)

Robert Steinhäuser (Erfurt massacre, Erfurt, Germany, 2002)

Richard Durn (Nanterre massacre, Nanterre, France, March 26, 2002)

Even with the USA excised from the list there is still a lot of crazy folks in this old world. Like they say, plenty of blame to go around and these sure ain't our fault.

Sorry, should I move this to the fight club?

Edited by 1911

HAHAHAAH holy cow. fuckem, throw em out.

shooting at the mall? I dont care, I wasnt there, wasnt affected by it. Im sorry I was not there, or I would get to take out my frustrations on the fucker and woulda wrung his neck myself.

aardvark up there has a good point. people here in america ARE destitute and distraught. Ive been working 10-12 hour days for the last two weeks, without end in sight, no days off, and Im not making hardly any money. why all that construction work and no pay? because one large renovation is for a year of rent, (yes rent here is that high), one partial renovation and 25 square roof is for my father to sell his house, and the other job going right now on the weekends is a 32 square roof, that Im helping with, and being way underpaid for. I can barely afford food, let alone shit like car insurance, telephone, etc etc.

and you dont see ME going out with my sar and shooting up people. there might be a mosque going in up the street from me that I might burn down when its built, but other than that, its just not in the cards for me to just go out and level people. I dont have the time, and Id much rather be out beating people senseless at one of the few bars in my county that I havent been thrown out of or banned from. I think there are a few left that I can still get in and beat some cokefiends down in. Im due.

but I still wont go out and just try to mow people down in a mall, school, or place of business. if you have a death wish, BE A MAN, attack a trooper barracks after you CALL them to let them know you are on the way. see how far you get. I got my money on the cops.

LOL Bvamp!

I know just what you mean about being due for some 'friendly disagreements' in the bars.

but there is one group that I'd gladly mow down.... the goddamn rabbits that ringed my apple trees over the winter!

Ok. Now, lets make FEW things clear to EVERYONE: IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1) I believe in prevention of the problem (people going Postal), BEFORE it happens, rather then DURING or AFTER.

2) I want to do this because each time some guy who is driven past the breaking point or is just plainly insane blows bunch of folks to hell, it is MY guns which are in danger of being taken away.

3) I understand that everyone except me on this forum are certifiable Rambos and crackshots, who draw faster then Billy the kid, know no fear and can shoot balls of the fly without aiming, but, frankly, I do not want to end up in a situation when some guy, for one reason or another opens up on innocent civilians who are NOT politicians. I am not sure that I am fast enough to dodge the bullet, neither am I sure that I will be able to draw, fire and hit before the other guy, who has already drawn his weapon hits me or those dear to me.

The issue is to ANALYSE the problem, collect the data and proceed in figuring out how to fix it. This has NOTHING to do with USA. NOTHING. If I was living in UK, I would openly say that the raise of crime in UK is directly linked to the number of arab immigrants and to the strict gun laws. In France I would say the same. In Russia I would (and did) say that if you don't want high crime rate and alchoholism - raise the standards of living, rather then becoming a natural resource pipline to the West. In US, right now, my biggest fears are: Domestic Surveilence program, reduction of middle class, Infringements on the Right of Free Speech and Right to Bear arms, and, among others, the fact that people occasionally snap and go nuts.

I want to say "Thank you" to the Mr. 1911 for providing that list. It really does open my eyes quite a lot. However, lets not forget that in the list, quite a few incidents are the result not of someone going nuts, but of religious and ethnic warfare and hate.

I want to point out two more things, if I may do so. There is a HUGE difference between "Critisism" and attemto to "Diagnose" the root of the problem.

Let me illustrate:

1) I point at the guy and laugh "man, it is really funny the sound you make when you cough. Sounds like you are about to cough up a lung, hahaha, it is funny."

2) I walk up to a guy and say "Dude, no offence, but you don't sound too good. Maybe you should lay off dem smokes and go see a doc."

I hope I made the difference clear. If I would not live in the USA, I, frankly, would not give a damn about what is going on here. Shoot each other to your hearts content. Get involved into War, let your young people get killed and mauled there... Let government watch you like a hawk, let Politcorrectness control your speach and let fear crazed sheeple determine what rights the rest of you have. I, however LIVE here. I do believe in keeping my appartment or condo CLEAN. I want no roaches, no ants there. Neither do I want rats. Therefore, much to YOUR shagrin, I DO GIVE A DAMN, I give a damn about violation of MY rights with Domestic Surveilance program, with people going nuts and snapping, after all I may be next to get shot when some idiot or depressed or stressed out white guy pulls out a shotgun in a Golf Mill mall. I do give a damn about war, because it is MY money, because it is MY kid who might be drafted. I do give a damn because I don't want the feminization of the society continue and I do not want the sheeple who are bleeting in horror, begging for a daddy figure to make them feel safe to take away my rights. I GIVE A DAMN!!! I LIVE HERE!!!

Some people defecate where they live. Some people think that it is ok for others to defecate where they live. I do not believe so. To me, it is easier to try to prevent the problem then deal with consequences.

This is NOT putting down USA. If you can't see it, you need to open your eyes and your minds. UNTIL you admit that there are certain issues in the society, those issue WILL continue and WILL get worse. Do YOU Want that? Sure, it is easier to say "Hey, don't diss da USA, mofo". It is MUCH harder to say "Damn, maybe there are some issues to be dealt with in our society". I ADMIRE JK-47 and AEthelbert for having enough of an open mind to Join the Discussion. Rather then start mudslinging. I thank Mr. 1911 for the list of atrocities he submitted.

Mr. Juggernaut. This HAS to do with guns, because if more shootings will occure the sheeple will BLEET FOR YOUR AND MINE GUNS!!! And the cops and ATF and FBI will come for our guns and we WILL lose our rights.

Honestly, it is easier to reach out to an outcast then deal with the aftermath of what will happen to innocent people, to OUR RIGHTS should he snap.

You wanna know why people snap? Check out what kind of hazing is going on in schools and colleges. Check out just how vicious mentally and emotionally our young are to each other. CHeck out how our teachers are staying uninvolved because their rights to be MENTORS and EDUCATORS are being taken away by the lawyers who scream about "freedom of children". THERE will you find the root of the problem. THERE IN SCHOOLS will you find ONE the roots of the VA tech tragedy. "Go back to China"... "He can't speak spanish"... I have had similar problems when I came to USA, however, I had NO problems with raising my objections with my fists or whatever was underhand. People stopped making fun of me fast enough. They knew that they may win against me and kick my ass (and it did happen), but I will NOT let anyone dis me, especially not some suburban softies. I also had friends who got my back when needed. Cho was not that lucky. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE of what is going on in US schools. ANd this is not a "ghetto" school. This is a "nice white" suburban place.

"In May 2003, Glenbrook North High School gained notoriety after an off-campus, non-school sanctioned event involving students dressed in school colours turned into a major hazing incident that attracted international attention.

The event was the annual "powder-puff" girls' football game between a group of juniors and seniors. First begun as a fundraiser in 1977, the on-campus game was discontinued in 1980 because it was getting too rowdy. The annual game then went underground. School officials were usually able to break it up when they found out the date and time it was to be played.

The senior students who organized the 2003 game were able to keep the time and location secret, such a secret that some participants did not know when it would be held until about half an hour before it began. The invited junior female students paid $35 to participate. The fee covered the cost of an athletic jersey to wear and beer provided by some of the parents of senior students. The game took place on Sunday, May 4, 2003, in Chipilly Woods, A.K.A. Grant & Lee, part of the Cook County Forest Preserve District, at about 11:30 a.m. There was no playing of football. The hazing began as soon as the junior girls arrived. About 20 junior class participants were sat in the middle of a clearing while they were covered in paint, urine, feces, and animal guts. Some were shot with paintball guns, others were kicked and beaten. After it was over, at least five of the participants had injuries requiring medical attention, including one receiving stitches to her head."

THATS WHERE SOME OF THE ROOTS of the mass shootings come. In school, in college...

Check it out, back in the 50s and 60s in Rural USA, where everyone had guns, nobody would even THINK about shooting up the school with guns. In cities too, sure, there was violence, sure there were black panthers, sure there was mafia, but people didnt shoot up something because the would just SMAP... Our ROOTS were strong and pure... WE CAME FROM THE RIGHT PLACE. SOMETHING HAPPENED that changed this country. WE HAVE CHANGED THE DIRECTION and then it has CHANGED US!!!!

Sure, you can tell me to get our of the country and stick your heads in the sand. Your choice. It is a free country, at least for now.

Edited by Tigerclaw_x