here are some of the proposed alternatives

I tell ya what gets to me...when the gov restricts the first freedom, that of free speech, the public gets all crazy and defensive (as they should), but when the 2nd freedom, that of gun ownership is limited, the public buys into the propoganda and false media hype to allow their rights to be taken.

I wish the principles of Jefferson governed. I don't think he'd say that "well regulated militia" referred solely to the Army...

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state." -Thomas Jefferson

AMEN Kysoldier!

I'm getting more worried about the press and people freaking out now that the AWB has sunset. I noticed the live audience on the fox miday show clap and cheer when she asked who supported the AWB, and I have heard several people say that Terrorists now favor the sunset.

I understand that most people dont understand the basics of guns, or for that matter gun ownership, and this is allowing the media and others to influece their opnion.

We are allowed Semi Auto Guns, I dont care how old or new they are the same. It is crazy to say some minor things cause more crime. People dont undstand you can get a legal AR or AK at your local gun store.................. And I've heard several suggestions already during the reports that its symbolic (the ban) meaning more is on the way.

And they are nuts, just because someone could not get a 100 round mag didnt mean that person just stopped from doing his crime. Any gun, could be modded AGAINST THE LAW to hold as many rounds as that person wanted. Thus it is only going to hurt us people who FOLLOW THE LAW,

If people are so worried then fine, give Police more weapons, the best weapons, the best training, but police are to inforce the law, they cant watch and protect every life its just impossible.

I fear we could be heading into dark waters, our victory now while sweet may turn sour a few months from now.

hell yea, I'm kinda thinking the ban was let to set for the introduction of a new one - who knows. but it's an issue that no one seems to mind taking a stand on (poloticians). 'Cause not everyone understands guns - most people in the cities fear them, and they vote the laws in! turn off the lights for a few days - like on the east coast last year - you'd see how helpless these people have become.

most people don't realize that they are makeing it easier and easier, for some kinda dictator, internal or external, to take control. Like the king of england!?! right, mr. jefferson!?!

I mean that's a little extreme, historically common though - very common! AND EVERY TIME IT STARTS WITH A WEAPONS BAN.

dark days indeed, i'm actually a litlle nervous, about what's coming next. depending on how the public reacts to the sunset - it just doesn't matter which president is in there - we all know it's a popularity thing no matter what the logic.

I just saw the worst and most biased report on CNN about the ban. They had the Ice Queen B**** herself (Feinstein) and Porkie Lou Dobbs who said he felt that Semi-Autos were not sporting, and that he used single shot .22s to shoot birds.

I felt the guy from Ohio did a good job against Feinstein and Dobbs...... but That does not make it less evil.

last I checked on CNN Lou Dobbs web site

26% 71981 votes for the AWB to end and

74% 207527 votes for the ban to continue!

If the left wins over the NRA, and things should get worse...... where do we go? what country gives us our freedoms?????????

Edited by Verson

in my local states gun laws, it says that an exemption to the AW rule is a semiautomatic shotgun with an attached or detachaable mag that cannot accept more than 5 rounds is NOT an AW in NY. now...does that mean as long as I dont clip an 8 rounder to it i can do what i want to it? cause thats how I read it.

Notice that these morons claim to be a maryland group. How much would you bet that they are Kennedy/Fienstine funded? We ran them out of the governorship,but we are still GROUND ZERO in the fight to keep our 2nd. ammendment rights! Wish we had a law that would make out of state money illegal!

G O B

I wanna know why everyone interprets the 2nd ammendment to mean = single shot 22's, or just bolt action 30-06's, just single shot shotguns. I wanna know why we shouldn't be able to own anything to match what our gov carries - 'cause that's to the letter what our forefathers meant by writing that peice of literature.

Literature like it's a novel or a story or something - if we don't watch out that's what it WILL be!

• 2 weeks later...
the saiga did not make the shot gun lisk, i dont know weather to be happy, or offended.

(H) A semiautomatic shotgun that has--

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip;

(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(iv) a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.