My AGP Mags had trouble with Brenneke 2 3/4 KO slugs

Fully loaded, my two AGP magazines also do not feed 2.75-in shells with *perfect* reliability, determined after firing a few hundred rounds of a variety of ammo, including slugs. There would be a failure to feed sometime in the first two or three rounds every third mag or so, usually remedied by a forward tap on the charging handle. (My five OEM 5-rounders have never failed me at all, ever.) However, the AGP mags do work perfectly with S&B 12-pellet shells, which constitutes the vast majority of my anti-personnel shotgun ammo anyway. If I want to shoot anything else, I stick with the 5-rounders.

I'm having similar problems with my two 10-round AGP's. I'm considering clipping off two or three of the spring-winds to loosen up the push a little, then if it's too much, stretching them a tad, using a torch.

I have better luck when I load the magazine with the bolt held open, then closing the bolt onto the first round, that seems to do the trick.

I've also noticed if you keep "dry cycling" the shells the plastic doesn't hold up so well (and it's dangerous...), and feed failures happen when you really intend to shoot them.

I think if they get used more they'll do better, just a thought. If they really sucked that badly no matter what I'm sure others on here would have said something, or not use them.

KW

They fed some pmc 2 3/4 buckshot fine, but they had trouble feeding the shorter Brenneke shells.

Anyone else have feeding issues with K.O. slugs?

on this subject... is the agp spring naturally a rust color... or should i be concerned?

• 5 months later...
Fully loaded, my two AGP magazines also do not feed 2.75-in shells with *perfect* reliability, determined after firing a few hundred rounds of a variety of ammo, including slugs. There would be a failure to feed sometime in the first two or three rounds every third mag or so, usually remedied by a forward tap on the charging handle. (My five OEM 5-rounders have never failed me at all, ever.) However, the AGP mags do work perfectly with S&B 12-pellet shells, which constitutes the vast majority of my anti-personnel shotgun ammo anyway. If I want to shoot anything else, I stick with the 5-rounders.

The problem was they did not slide up the mag body fast enough in the AGP mags. Every other brand of shell I tried works fine. Federal, Remington, PMC, etc.. I seen one of the K.O.s stall in position before sliding to the top. The KOs did feed fine in the factory 5 round mag. The weird part is that the K.O.s are about the same size length as many other domestic shells with the same rim size.

Edited by my762buzz

I shot 15 rds of the K.O slugs today kept all of them on my tareget at 50 yards,had no feeding problems,also shot 50rds of birdshot and 15rds remington buck,some of the older S12s have a feeding problem but a little polishing should take care of it,do have the old or new style 10rd mags?

Place two rounds in your magazine bush the shell deep in to the magazine then let go, see if the shells come freely up to the top, if not take your mag apart by removing the floor plate, spring and follower, next get a file and file a little bit of the rim guide on the left and right sides at the rear top of the mag. This is the area that snaggs, you will not have to remove very much plastic. Then reassmeble the mag and re test it should work if not it will work better simply repeat the process till it feeds smoothly and your in business.

That is what I did.