I just joined the S12 club a couple of weeks ago

But I still cant bring myself to buy polymer mags. I just cant do it. I need the metal

Has anyone ever come out with steel 10 round mags?

There was a company working on them but they went tits up. I believe the molds sold on gun broker.

Last year molds were made by a concern but the steel mags never made it to production due to some business difficulties. The molds were up for auction on GunBroker at one time.

But I still cant bring myself to buy polymer mags. I just cant do it. I need the metal

Be patient. They are coming in 10 and eight round and they are not plastic. The guy that is making them already has 30 round .223 mags out there for sale. I have put several rounds through the 5 mags I ordered and have not had one single failure. They are made for the unaltered (no feed ramp) Saigas and the quality is excelent so I'm sure the Saiga 12's will be of similar quality.

Be patient. They are coming in 10 and eight round and they are not plastic. The guy that is making them already has 30 round .223 mags out there for sale. I have put several rounds through the 5 mags I ordered and have not had one single failure. They are made for the unaltered (no feed ramp) Saigas and the quality is excelent so I'm sure the Saiga 12's will be of similar quality.

The mags I earlier mentioned for the .223 are not altered mags but newly constructed ones. Just wanted to make that clear. I have yet to find altered magazines that work reliably.

Ahh thats awesome. Any details on the metal 10 rd mags?

i can really see spending $60-ish on steel 10rd mags than plastic

not to kill the thought party.... but

s-12 is meant for plastic mags... steel being thinner

would that mean extra play in the receiver?

There has to be a workaround. I just dont get the whole plastic thing on arms deal

There has to be a workaround. I just dont get the whole plastic thing on arms deal

When I bought my first Saiga (762x39) many moons ago I also purchased a factory 30 rd magazine that was plastic. It has the same reciever as the .223 and the metal .223 mags work great. I don't think that the gun was designed specifically for a plastic mag. I think that the makers felt it was cheaper, easier, or whatever. The magazines that this company is making started out initially as plastic but it was found for them that metel is cheaper to build and holds up better (insides won't wear from use like the AGP) this also means that the will be less expensive for us.

When I bought my first Saiga (762x39) many moons ago I also purchased a factory 30 rd magazine that was plastic. It has the same reciever as the .223 and the metal .223 mags work great. I don't think that the gun was designed specifically for a plastic mag. I think that the makers felt it was cheaper, easier, or whatever. The magazines that this company is making started out initially as plastic but it was found for them that metel is cheaper to build and holds up better (insides won't wear from use like the AGP) this also means that the will be less expensive for us.

If anyone wants to check on the progress of the magazines or has questions about them call C.W. at "Gunsmoke" (850) 926-5500. Right now they are the sole distributor. I did look at the .223 mags that I have and noticed that the area that actually fits into the weapon is made thicker at the top and they do not fit loose even when empty.

If anyone wants to check on the progress of the magazines or has questions about them call C.W. at "Gunsmoke" (850) 926-5500. Right now they are the sole distributor. I did look at the .223 mags that I have and noticed that the area that actually fits into the weapon is made thicker at the top and they do not fit loose even when empty.

good to hear... thank you