trying to make a bigger flash than that Tromix shorty of yours?

my .460 S&W will do that.. I have a "small" critter problem that I needed it for.

hunt.jpg

Edited by Banshee

my .460 S&W will do that.. I have a "small" critter problem that I needed it for.

hunt.jpg

You have a .454 and a .460? That's intense

You have a .454 and a .460? That's intense

yea, I have a S&W .460 X frame I bought last year, and I picked up the .454 yesterday. I also shoot a S&W 629 in .44MAG. I like heavy handguns..

Well, I fired a few rounds of 240gr Hornady Custom XTPs today. Impressive to say the least,and a good shooting glove would be a plus

That bad eh? They are heavy guns, so I was wondering how much recoil that would absorb.

i think the answer is "not enough!"

lol

Well, I fired a few rounds of 240gr Hornady Custom XTPs today. Impressive to say the least,and a good shooting glove would be a plus

That bad eh? They are heavy guns, so I was wondering how much recoil that would absorb.

Recoil is heavy, but it is a bigbore powerhouse. The .454 Casull was designed to a heavy hitter, not a target gun. You can't buy Magnum calibers and not expect heavy recoil. Some of my friends complain about the recoil in my .44MAG and tell me I need to down load it. I tell them if I wanted a .44 special, I wouldn't have bought a .44MAG. I don't shoot reduced 00BUCK loads in my shotguns of the same reason. In Magnum calibers you should wear a shooting glove if you are going to shoot a lot.

• 5 weeks later...

I shoot the 300 grain XTP's in my 6 3/4" Raging Bull. Fun as HELL at night, but after 5 rounds, the wrist and thumb (broke it 2 years ago) are killing me the next day. It's fun to watch everybody shoot their 40's and other stuff, then pull big boy out and make some noise. Not many people will shoot it more than once. :):)

LOL yeh, if thats your thing I guess. Its a good thing someone showed me how to hold onto it properly, and that Im a big dude to boot. I think it was more so that I DIDNT hurt the gun than myself is why he showed me. yes it was from a sitting position and NOT on a bench.

like I said, once was enough for me. not afraid of it, but not my cup of tea. the muzzle flash off the thing was worth the price of admission alone.

ALRIGHT, time for some one to make a hand cannon in .50 beowulf, 600 nitro, .460 Weatherby ,etc for these maniacs...

Do any of you guys own one of those 45-70 revolvers that were sold like 10 years ago?? looks like a 1800's remington new army revolver or something. It is HUGE and a 5 shot if I remember right. DAMMIT-cannot find a pic of it....

Edited by ThousandSon