California legal with Evil features?

Hi fellas - I'm stuck in California (don't ask - someday I'll "escape") and I'd like to have some of the so called evil features (pistol grip or skeleton stock in particular) on my Saiga. I saw a thread on another board a few months ago (can't find it now) that talked about a method for fixing the magazine so that it complied with the definition of fixed magazine under the law (so you don't fall under the assault weapon definition) but was reversable (if I ever move or people here wake up and change the ridiculaous laws). Has anyone looked into doing this on a Saiga or have any other links for me - I'm most interested in practicle - how to do it as opposed to theoretical discussion of the law here (I stipulate to the fact that it is absurd). Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

p.s. Has anyone figured out a cool way to load the saiga with stripper clips?

p.p.s. I went parenthesis crazy didn't I (at least I think I did).

Edited by GunOwner

I don't think a Saiga, or any AK can be loaded with stripper clips- not so long as it has a piston and bolt carrier anyway. As for fixing the magazine- thats really somthing for Calguns.net or any of the other Caliban gun forums- the bulk of us in the free states (some more free than others) really haven't had to deal with that level of nonsense. I do know the rule states that a fixed mag must requre a tool to be removed, though somthing as simple as a bullet tip counts as a tool. Theres a drop in part for AR's that replaces the magazine release with one that requires a tool, but for AK's I'm not sure there is an drop in part. Have you considered a "monsterman" grip or one of the other legal pistol grip alternatives for you and your commrades?

I don't think a Saiga, or any AK can be loaded with stripper clips- not so long as it has a piston and bolt carrier anyway. As for fixing the magazine- thats really somthing for Calguns.net or any of the other Caliban gun forums- the bulk of us in the free states (some more free than others) really haven't had to deal with that level of nonsense. I do know the rule states that a fixed mag must requre a tool to be removed, though somthing as simple as a bullet tip counts as a tool. Theres a drop in part for AR's that replaces the magazine release with one that requires a tool, but for AK's I'm not sure there is an drop in part. Have you considered a "monsterman" grip or one of the other legal pistol grip alternatives for you and your commrades?

Thanks JK-47 - not familiar with a monsterman grip or any other legal pistol grip but would love to find out more - can you provide a link or ? Also, I have checked a little and it seems as you stated that if the mag requires a tool to remove it is considered fixed. If anyone knows of a mag release that would work on a Saiga that requires a tool please let me know. If we have any AK/AR crossover types here that can point me to the AR drop in part maybe I can one or point Dinzag to it and see if he can make something up???

Edited by GunOwner

GunOwner,

I'm in Kaliban also. Go to www.calguns.net you can find lots of answers to make your Saiga Kali legal or any AR15s(off list lower receiver), FALs, rifles etc. Join the club lots of good people and info. there.

Also you can find Monster Man grips there. Here's a link that had them they are sold out http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.ph...39013dc025b962c

Guys are using the MMGrip method to make their AKs and ARs able to use detachable magazines.

Edited by Outlaw
GunOwner,

I'm in Kaliban also. Go to www.calguns.net you can find lots of answers to make your Saiga Kali legal or any AR15s(off list lower receiver), FALs, rifles etc. Join the club lots of good people and info. there.

Also you can find Monster Man grips there. Here's a link that had them they are sold out http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.ph...39013dc025b962c

Guys are using the MMGrip method to make their AKs and ARs able to use detachable magazines.

Great thanks Outlaw - Bullet button method of making the mag fixed sounds really good to me - hope I can find one for the AK. Best.

"Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." --Aristotle

GunOwner,

Great thanks Outlaw - Bullet button method of making the mag fixed sounds really good to me - hope I can find one for the AK. Best.

"Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." --Aristotle

For Kalifornicans:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Those guys are up on Kaliban laws.

I want to use the Saiga factory skeleton stock on my gun (works on unconverted Saiga) - so I can't use the Monsterman grip but thanks - the bullet button idea sounds good - the only one I was able to find only works on the AK (Trigger forward) configuration - anyone know of any other options?

Seems like someone with mad skill (Dinzag) could mill out a small hunk of metal (like a thimble) that would slide over the mag release - it could attach by replacing the pin that holds the mag release lever - fit flush up against the gun with a small hole to permit the user to push a bullet tip (aka tool) through the hole to push the mag release forward to release the mag.

Dinzag??? Any thoughts

Edited by GunOwner
I want to use the Saiga factory skeleton stock on my gun (works on unconverted Saiga) - so I can't use the Monsterman grip but thanks - the bullet button idea sounds good - the only one I was able to find only works on the AK (Trigger forward) configuration - anyone know of any other options?

Seems like someone with mad skill (Dinzag) could mill out a small hunk of metal (like a thimble) that would slide over the mag release - it could attach by replacing the pin that holds the mag release lever - fit flush up against the gun with a small hole to permit the user to push a bullet tip (aka tool) through the hole to push the mag release forward to release the mag.

Dinzag??? Any thoughts

Bump - Dinzag??? Any thoughts