Just returned from the funshow in Raleigh NC and wanted to say the S-12s are just as scarce here as anywhere. Well actually there was one IZ-109 sold by my local pawn shop this morning at their booth. {Dammit I wanted to buy that one but they were closed when I was by there the other day :cryss: } But I was carrying around my tactical S-12 "Blackie" and got stopped by numerous curious AK fans, including the guy who ended up buying that S-12 I was there for. We talked awhile and it turns out he lives not too far away and wants to come by for some shooting and also wants help converting his gun! Sweet! :super: My dremel is hungry. Also met another local guy who lives just a few miles from me and has an S-12 already with factory 8rd mag. He was diggin the AGP 10 rdr! we're gonna get together and shoot some AKs soon! Yeeha! He's got a bunch too! Ran into my buddy Slag out there too :smoke:

Uh oh! more later, gottsta run and pick up Racegal...

OK now for the good news...well depending on how ya look at it... :unsure:

Bad news first, I spent all my money before I saw something I would have almost traded the S-12 for, had I got it! At the Classic Arms booth they had the very first S-20 I have ever seen in the US with a threaded 19" bbl , and as another kickass bonus IMO it had no importer marks at all and no "Saigas for dummies" stamp on it either. IE "read owner's manual before use" :killer:

The serial number was HO6590160...in case anyone wants to look for a similar model. I asked them and this was one of the newer RAA imported guns. I hope this is a new thing that will continue.

Well that's it I guess, I'm broke now so someone else will go in there now and score the killa 20, I just hope that is a new trend.

Oh yeah it wasn't all bad for me, I scored a soon to be awesome picatinni rail to mount on my Tac-12 that will basically be just like the new one being sold by Atlantic Firearms, or at least functionally the same. And I also found a cool adjustable leaf sight, off some kind of old British rifle, that will be kickass on one of my other S-12s soon! :super:

Is that all?...NO I also found some other cool goodies at the DPH booth. Scott you rock man!!! :super:

I LOVE GUNSHOWS :D

At the Palmetto, FL, Suncoast gunshow there was one 107 and one 109. They were $469 and $499, respectively. No others. :(

I had the intent of selling my Mossberg 590 towards a S-12, but after talking to several individuals, I decided to keep what I have. I actually bought a Surefire light, mount and pressure switch for it.

Didn't look at the S-20s.

Edited by hellgrün-K

Saw another cool shottie at the show too. In fact the same guy i met who bought the last Saiga 12 got this one too. It was a factory bullpup Mossberg 12 ga :eek:

Pretty neat!

Looks like this...

http://www.nisat.org/weapons%20pages%20lin..._bullpup_12.htm

Gee did that threaded S-20 look like this?

MarksS20.jpg

Just picked it up today, now all I need is a choke tube for it.

It does have "Russian American Armory Company" down the barrel on the left side. It also has a brass bead sight on the front.

Edited by csspecs
Gee did that threaded S-20 look like this?

MarksS20.jpg

Just picked it up today, now all I need is a choke tube for it.

It does have "Russian American Armory Company" down the barrel on the left side. It also has a brass bead sight on the front.

Gee Wally...I believe that's it alright!

Ahhh that's why there were no importer marks on the receiver. Now that I think of it, my factory camo S-12 has the EAA markings on the side of the barrel too. Hmmm I wonder why these are marked differently?

Just so you know I did not steal this one from your gun show, bought it two weeks ago from Gilbert's guns on gun broker but I just got it from the dealer down here in Florida.

I might also mention that the receiver has a small square area that has been altered to remove a marking right by the caliber markings on the side. I wonder what the mark said, I tried my best to read what was under it but its to messed up to read.

Edited by csspecs

I went to a gunshow this weekend in atlanta and there were zero saiga shotguns that i saw. Most were .223, a few .308s and a few 7.62s. overall not much at all.

I just bought a yugo sks and was shocked only 5 SKSs at the whole show and 3 of them were horrible overpriced beaters. only one half way decent norinco for 225. made me feel better for overpaying for what I got.

I am hankering for a 7.62 saiga now that I have the SKS.

• 4 months later...

I really think a lot of gun shows suck. For the experienced person they might be able to find knick knacks and good gear bag and surplus from random people. I don't look at the rifles except the cool and evil ones. One dealer said to me the profit margins are so small that there is no real discount on a new gun like a saiga. You might find a deal on a used gun but it is probably overpriced. I have enjoyed looking at the WTB on these forums because it is a fair price and the people have used the weapon or parts so they have an unbiased view. I would however buy from someplace like aimsurplus. They sell whole sale. Just my thought.

Saw another cool shottie at the show too. In fact the same guy i met who bought the last Saiga 12 got this one too. It was a factory bullpup Mossberg 12 ga :eek:

Pretty neat!

Looks like this...

http://www.nisat.org/weapons%20pages%20lin..._bullpup_12.htm

They are odd to hold....being that I <3 my Mossbergs though if i ever get the money I'd like to add one to the collection

Last weekend I went to the Reno, NV gunshow and they had a butt load of Saigas. Saw a few S-12's, a couple in 308 and a lot in 7.63 and 556. I also went to a local gun store in Reno and they had a S12, S20, and S410 on the shelf.

While I was at the gun show I ran into a vendor, Sierra Arms that are begining to perform Saiga conversions and had some cool weapons on display. I am not associated with these people at all but just thought I would let you all know that their work looks pretty darn good. I grabbed a business card of theirs and their web page is Sierrarams.com

I did not pick up and new saigas myself, but I was able to pick up some mags for my XD 45, some 30 round Master Molder mags for the 7.62 saiga, a new pistol holster, a really nice rifle/range bag, a barrel band for my M1 carbine, some 10 round 30-06 mags for the remington, a 950,000 volt stun gun for the wife, some ACU colored bandanas for the BOB, and some good range targets. All in all it was a great gun show and I was very happy with it.

after posting my last reply I actually tried to go to Sierra Arms web page and found out that the web page on their business card does not work. Sorry for the bad info folks. I dont know why they would have a bad web address on their business card. Anyways...a quick google search found that their real web page is sierraarms.com

Again, i have nothing to do with this company at all. Just saw them at a gun show and letting people know there is another company trying to break into the Saiga market.

• 1 month later...
Bad news first, I spent all my money before I saw something I would have almost traded the S-12 for, had I got it! At the Classic Arms booth they had the very first S-20 I have ever seen in the US with a threaded 19" bbl , and as another kickass bonus IMO it had no importer marks at all and no "Saigas for dummies" stamp on it either. IE "read owner's manual before use" :killer:

The serial number was HO...in case anyone wants to look for a similar model. I asked them and this was one of the newer RAA imported guns. I hope this is a new thing that will continue.

I was at that same show, and I got this same exact S-20 not from Classic Arms though. It's a beautiful gun, now if I can only get it to work, had a couple of misfires with it at the range.