T6 stock with CTR

Is the T6 Tapco stock a normal milspec or commercial size? I have a milspec CTR and was thinking about getting a T6. Which CTR will fit on the T6 receiver extension? Will that combo work at all?

it looks to me like it will go into the receiver if you did the conversion... without cutting off the tang

what is CTR ?

Is the T6 Tapco stock a normal milspec or commercial size? I have a milspec CTR and was thinking about getting a T6. Which CTR will fit on the T6 receiver extension? Will that combo work at all?

Sadly.. I don't know the difference between commercial vs milspec.

I will say that the plastic buffer tube on the T6 Tapco which came on my Saiga from Tromix is larger than the buffer on my Rock River and the CAA stock I was going to use would not fit. I assume that means the T6 is milspec and my Rock River is commercial

Sadly.. I don't know the difference between commercial vs milspec.

I will say that the plastic buffer tube on the T6 Tapco which came on my Saiga from Tromix is larger than the buffer on my Rock River and the CAA stock I was going to use would not fit. I assume that means the T6 is milspec and my Rock River is commercial

perhaps the question is nato length vs. sporter?

A mil spec tube has the threads higher than the tube, a commercial tube has the threads even with it. I commercial stock will not fit on a mil spec tube. I mil spec stock will fit on both, just might have some play ont he commercial tube. I had the same questions and they were answered on ar15. It is nice if you have a bunch of ar's and stay with the same tube. you can then switch stocks back and forth. I have a CTR on my Ar and love it. RRA, bushy, olympic are commercial. Colt, stag are mil spec.

Hope this helps.

I bought the CTR Stock/tube combo from AIM Surplus. The tube is a 6 pos from Tapco & is commercial size.

There is a pic of it my green machine thread.

Edited by Stingray

I bought the CTR Stock/tube combo from AIM Surplus. The tube is a 6 pos from Tapco & is commercial size.

There is a pic of it my green machine thread.

post-6256-1177786799_thumb.jpg

So my milspec stock wont fit... wonderful. Anyway. What is that rubber pad on the back of your CTR? Is that the Magpul rubber spacer? Does is actually reduce felt recoil? How do you like your stock overall? Can you completely close the stock to the last position?

That is the factory Magpul buttpad, think they come on all commercial ones now.

Love the Magpul stock but not on my S12, still felt the recoil but just my perception results may vary.

Moved it to my AR & put an Ace ARFX with 1" buttpad on the Saiga. 100rnds thru it last

Saturday & no sore shoulder. :super:

The stock will completely close on the tube on my setup.

Edited by Stingray
You should get the vltor AK adapter.

AKsmall-600.jpg

I just got one, and it is super solid and really bad ass. The CTR fits it.

I know it costs big bucks, but I likes it.

OK you have my attention and that thing will fit my milspec CTR stock. What is the thing made of? Aluminum, polymer, a combination? Love the single point sling mount and the fact it holds something in the otherwise unused buffer tube. Can you post a pic of the thing in the closed position? Does it end up even shorter than the T6 closed?