Saiga 12 PG conversion, w/ no mods to firearm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum, and my Saiga is coming in a couple of days.

I like the idea of a PG conversion without altering the trigger group location.

I was wondering if one of the Choate folder/PG stocks could be altered to fit? I've got one on my Mossberg 500 and one of their FN-style stocks on my Rem 1100 "Tower Gun" and I really like them. (OTOH, the unit I bought for my G3 isn't quite up to my expectations)

Anybody tried any other conversion methods? Any chance the aftermarket will step up and fill this need?

I wish I'd found this forum before I ordered that plastic Shotforce POS Muzzle Mount!! Any word yet on a good flash hider or muzzle brake?

Thanks for any info!

Gummerfan

"Broke into the wrong goldurned recroom, didn't you!?"

• 4 weeks later...

That a cool set up!!!

How is the feel of the fcg linkage on a saiga 12?

I have a Saiga 7.62x39 that I did the PG conversion and feed ramp install on.

I really hated the fcg linkage on my rifle it was hanging up the rest of the fcg.

I really like the way the rifle turned out so I've been saving my pennies up to buy a Saiga 12 and do a PG conversion to it.

This looks like a good alternative if the fcg's linkage is smooth and feels good.

Does the Saiga 12 have the BHO like my Saiga rifle did?

Tiny-The BHO seems to be hit or miss. Mine I had to add(from S-12 store back when that was open). The stock trigger group is not bad. Shoot 100 rds. or so-then carefully stone the hammer,sear and trigger. The wear area on these is the parting ridge from the mould. I used a small arkensaw stone=took 10 minuits. The pull is now quite smooth and feels like maybe 5lbs. 2 stage,but breaks verry clean.

G O B