Pump/Auto Saiga-12(why don't we have these here?)

It seems to me that a pump/auto would allow the use of "Less-Lethal" ammunition and help the Saiga to gain wider acceptance among Police Departments.I would also like to see a pump only version with an incomplete gas system for the Kalifornia users.

post-2-1056307433.jpg

One question. Is there legal for US law enforcment guys to shoot shot shells with smallest pellet size instead of plastic and rubber non-lethals? Here in russia all rubber shells has very poor quality so it's very dangerous for defender to use them for self-defense. If you can use ordinary shotshells you don't need a pump action.

But if you anyway need pump/semiauto and ability to choose shell loads on the fly you'll pay $1-2k for cost-a-lot Benelli (M3S90 or M4S90)

glamour_lg.jpg

Why would you use a shotgun for less lethal anyway. IF a suspect is attacking you without a firearm or knife why would you need to blast em with beanbags and rubber buck( come on now thats why they give you a nightstick and mace) TBOtech.com 20% bear mace 35.oo a can and will take out a crowd (10-15 people or so) I know it works I used the 15% on myself and had to crawl to the shower couldnt see & tears, drool, flem, were all making it very hard to much of anything let alone put up a fight!!!!!! and 20 minutes(or so) in the shower and I was fine. I had to see if it worked and all

post-2-1056415015.jpg

this is much worse by far At least you can walk out on two feet from the chamber, I had to crawl and I only got a short 1\2 second blast from 20 feet. That was very bad Idea :cryss: that was 15% oc\cs!! That can above is 20%oc\cs and lasts a good 20 seconds till empty(same size),Yes that would suck very bad indoor's or close range. nice 25-35 foot \ 3 or 4 foot cone shaped pattern(Watch the wind all). Nice anti carjack device (if you dont mace yourself) . If it will stop a bear it will stop a junkie who wants your car!!and ten of his friend's too!!

Sorry it may cause a rash, and can be fatal (spraying a whole can close range 1-3 will cause severe breathing difficulty's and will\may require medical help and\or eye damage if not flushed with water and blah blah blah and the rest off the label go's on!!!!! :eek:

Hey Jack,

Thanks for (all) the replies. Sounds like good stuff. I wonder how hard it would be to adapt it for a 37mm shell. As a non-lethal device it'd be perfectly legal, and a pretty nifty useage for this Cobray thumper I bought all those years ago and have only used in concert with a couple of DD shells I had at one time.

Me? Heh, I'm a 19K10 in search of a tank crew. I enlisted in the National Guard and hate it, I want active. All my buddies are out in the world and I'm stuck here on my butt looking for the same sort of job I was looking for when I was a 17yr old HS graduate going on 10 years ago. It blows, I've got my BS, I've been through boot camp and AIT (OSUT now) I've got an (expired) pilots license (no funds to get my medical up to date, not to mention the needed flight time) and I have a pretty good ability to work with my hands (especially on things I shouldnt, like the AK at home that I built as an FA for kicks and then welded up real fast when I got to feeling guilty about it) and I'm very politicaly/socially motivated, not to mention I've got a talent for arguing things on paper. All of which adds up to being bad news in today society for a half-breed towel head like me. I was thinking about going over to Northern Iraq to fight with the Kurds who are hunting down the last of the Republican Guard and Fedayene (sp?) militia as a Mujahideen, something both politicaly acceptable to my US Government employers, the guys I'm in the Guard with, and socially acceptable to my (well, the Muslims on my mom's side at least) family and my wife.

Unfortunatly my one bro who was an experienced Muj. was working as a bounty hunter in AZ, got stupid and chased a bounty across the Mexico boarder with a FA Krinkov and a buncha flash-bangs, and got caught. So now he's probably going to be stuck in some hole for a long time and I never got the chance to meet his contacts so I can go on my own. The rest of the Muj. community who hangs around here has gotten real quite after 9/11 due to the fear that they once ate on Osama's tab and are now being watched as terrorists or some such nonsense (hey, they're immigrants, even the Koreans I worked for are like that..) They will barely even tell war stories anymore, much less try and hook me up with the funding and contacts to go on my merry way.

So it looks like I'll start working as a renta-cop or a security screener for the Airports here until I can make enough money to get my AA in Crim-J and become some kind of cop. Hopefully either the SWAT type or an armorer, as feeling up filthy stinky, needled filled junkies for a living and having to wrestle with drunk bums isnt my idea of fun. But I like to help and I've got an overwhelming urge to make the world a better place so I just might don some rubber gloves and swallow my pride and join the force. A lot of guard guys are cops around here and my grandpa was one too so I probably could do it pretty easy. Hell, I know where a lot of the junkies live already....I used to be a pizza delivery driver :P

Ryan

Gunfighter,

I've had a lot of jobs in the past and I didn't think I'd like being a cop for the same reasons you mentioned, but I've found that it is actually pretty cool. You get job security, union support, and good benefits, plus it pays the bills. If you join a good department then you will get to go into cool specialized units and play with full-autos or become an instructor/armorer.

Going hands-on with drunks and junkies can be rewarding at times because you get to see them get what they really deserve: a trip to jail. And if they give you shit, you just spray 'em in the face with OC or whack 'em in the leg with your baton, then zip-tie their legs and arms and make a little suitcase out of them. (I'm not sadistic, but some assholes really deserve it. You're truly protecting the public from them.)

It seems to me that you have an advantage over other potential rookies because you have the knack for articulation in writing, which can keep your butt out of a lot of trouble. Plus, when the bad guys plead "not guilty", you can watch them get hammered in court because you dotted all your i's and crossed all your t's.

It's not a bad job, and after a couple dozen bad guys call you names, every so often a citizen will come up and shake you hand and tell you how much they appreciate what you do. And that makes it all worth while.

(By the way aren't we getting a little off-topic for this thread?)

Matt

Edited by SaltPeter

Gunfighter84

Why not go into politics? If you want to help people, and you have a knack for communications, it's a great way to contribute to society.

More on the topic of pump & semi, I have a Saiga-12 and a Romanian PAR-1.

This was my first rifle and my first shotgun; a semi-auto shotgun and a pump-action rifle.

There is a reason for my madness.

See, Ohio has this funny law that says a semi-auto firearm with greater than 31 rounds capacity is an "automatic firearm," and I really wanted to have drum magazines....

ohio is retarded I pray I dont get pulled over passing threw while working! I dont leave home without my .45 (sorry but im not gunna be a victim regardless of ohio state laws) Sorry but bad people dont register there weapons and get permits gun laws stop people from owning legal firearms!!! NO crack dealer on the corner has a permit and I'll bet they all have guns, The point is the gun's are allready here it's to late NOW they are in the circle!!

GOD what would happen in U.S soil got invaded(like bagdad) We have to be able to defend our country and not hope the Cop's and national guard do it for us thats why the "right to bear arms was put in there" to defend the USA and its people!!!! With the way we keep shittin in everyones cornflake's I dont see it being to long before something major happens here again :cryss: What would you do If your city got occupied and you had no water or food I feel bad for the people overthere! I think we are making a big mess in the middle east of hate this should make things much worse here !!!

But I like the cheap gas price!!!! I Hate watchin the new's the one U.S. marine looks like my cousin laying on the ground. Damm they need to give more details.I have so many friends and family over there right now! 51st state just get it over with! :osama::killer:

• 1 month later...

another reason the 2nd amendment is included, it to protect ourselves from THE GOVERNMENT. you see about 230 years ago, some people were unhappy with the way the government was running things, so they decided to start their own contry, but the needed to kick out the old government first, which they couldent do without guns. so when the consitiution was being written the wanted to insure two things, that the government would always be accountable to the people for its actions, and that if it got "to big for its britches" the people would have "The tools of decent" in the words of Thmoas Jefferson. to be true to the constitution, we should be able to own FA and AP weapons, but they were banned, so we already have inferior weapons, do you really think if the people rose up today, we could overthrow a tyrannical government?

Well, we could always give them a good dose of that "Bear" pepper spray. :lolol: Personally, I wouldn't mind giving old senile Frankie Lautenberg a blast of it (being stuck living in Joisey). If it wouldn't kill the old bag outright, it might be enough to send him into retirement again. :rolleyes:

so we already have inferior weapons, do you really think if the people rose up today, we could overthrow a tyrannical