Left Hand Cocking Handle

Hi,I had a play today with a old ar-10 to day that the owner had made a new uper for and it had a left hand cocking leaver,was very impresed and thought that it was what I would like to do with one of my Saigas to speed up mag changes.

So can I do this? I was thinking that maybe I could drill and tap a Hole in the same block of metal the factory cocking leaver is on and just cut a slot in the dust cover.

I've seen it done on an SKS rifle without any issues. I don't see why it would not work on an AKM, only that as a right handed shooter, I'm kind of uneasy about having a bolt handle flying towards my face as I'm shooting... YMMV

Should be possible. A non-reciprocating FAL style would be a bit tougher since it runs on a solid track. Either way will kill your scope mount. I would wonder about gasses coming back at you. I've never shot an AK left handed so I don't know if that is ever a problem.

Thanks for the imput guys. To clear up one thing im a right handed shooter 90% of the time. I love the idea of a non-reciprocating lever, The ar-10 guy has had one come off on him. It is a pity about losing the sight rail but I was thinking of mounting my holo sight on the barrel anyway. Any Ideas on how I could make it?

I guess someone could scan and mirror image the assemblies involved and then have them made on a CNC machine... I bet if someone was really nice to the guy over at cnc gunsmithing, he could do this, he did that with a Beretta pistol...