Why Saigas will stop being imported

once the drum issue comes to the ATF table, IF the s12 is deemed the DD and not in combination witha drum which is what we should be hoping they do instead, cause they WILL do SOMETHING, it will no longer be allowed to be imported.

I won't even go into what I think of Putin or Bush. I enjoy this forum.

As a concealed weapons permit holder, I'm more concered about what our own bullshitters are doing to us

I will continue to purchase 10-20 round magizines and drums, in-addition more Saiga 12's as my wife and accountant will allow.

B)-->

QUOTE(Michael B @ May 10 2007, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't even go into what I think of Putin or Bush. I enjoy this forum.

As a concealed weapons permit holder, I'm more concered about what our own bullshitters are doing to us

I will continue to purchase 10-20 round magizines and drums, in-addition more Saiga 12's as my wife and accountant will allow.

What liberal did you vote for on November 7th that is now attempting to destroy our Second Amendment?

Well in foreign policy I do think we have pushed the Russians too hard when they are down. Having ALL their satellites and some of their former republics in NATO is galling and frankly if they decided to go after one of those countries I would not want to go to war over it. That is what NATO is. attack one, attack all kind of treaty.

Its a pride thing too. Its tough from going to respected adversary to kick me when I am down second tier player.

You guys serious? If I wanted a saiga 762 x 39 or 308 you think I should buy soon of miss out?

Well in foreign policy I do think we have pushed the Russians too hard when they are down. Having ALL their satellites and some of their former republics in NATO is galling and frankly if they decided to go after one of those countries I would not want to go to war over it. That is what NATO is. attack one, attack all kind of treaty.

Its a pride thing too. Its tough from going to respected adversary to kick me when I am down second tier player.

You guys serious? If I wanted a saiga 762 x 39 or 308 you think I should buy soon of miss out?

Those so-called satellites of theirs were independent countries before Joseph Stalin seized them to make them part of the Communist Soviet Union in the 1940's. Are you approving of the invasion of free nations. The murder and subjucation of their people?

I like Putin, sorry guys but Russia needs a strong leader who will say what is on his mind. We compair every one in the world we are mad at with Hitler seems logical to me they would do the same thing. As far as advancing a military alliance right up to Russia's boarder that can piss them off. How would we feel if we lost the Cold war and Canada was joining the Warsaw pact? It's just a lot of talk. Just my humble opinion.

Those so-called satellites of theirs were independent countries before Joseph Stalin seized them to make them part of the Communist Soviet Union in the 1940's. Are you approving of the invasion of free nations. The murder and subjucation of their people?

No I am saying their defense is their own problem and I do not give a rats ass about using american blood and treasure to defend them. If Russia decided to jump on the Ukraine or Lithuania and we got involved in a major war with Russia because of NATO the average american would take my attitude and wonder what the hell just happened. Its a tough world. If Europe is so anti american have them commit their resources to having real armies instead of relying on the Americans they love to despise. Honestly I feel those former satellites are our truest friends in Europe because they do understand what freedom is because they recently tasted it.

History wise those countries have always been in a precarious position between Russia and Germany. How many times did Poland disappear and reappear on a map? Three I think. Most those countries were part of the Austrian Hungary Empire until after WWI. Russia has always historically considered many of those countries in their sphere of influence and a vital buffer between them and Western Europe aka Germany. Moving right up to their border seems unwise to me.

I don't see this bringing an end to Saiga importations. They are making money with a commerical product, a boatload of Saiga's here are not any threat to Russia, its just making them some cash. Russia wouldn't cut off imports to US as some sort of punishment- 99% of people would shrug it off or have no reasont o take notice, and the gun grabbers would applaud Russia for keeping "assault rifles off our streets". I could see some sort of politically motivated anti-Russian arms embargo brining an end to imports however, like Clinton did with Chinese arms and ammo; lucky a Clinton isn't in office (lets stick with that trend). It wouldn't matter much to the Russians, not when Hugo Chavez is such a big spender.

who cares. shouldnt let them write the gun laws.

all I know about politics without getting this thread off track, is Im voting for rudy.

Ron Paul.

Safest bet for our rights -hands down. Period. Dot.

I don't like Rudy and his views. To each their own and I'll preface the following by saying -I respect your vote.

However, without getting too political either... it'd be real good to research Ron Paul. Seriously. Research him on YouTube and his remarks from the recent debates. He won them from all polls considered -even the MSNBC poll.

But yet he's supposedly unheard of (IMO, censored by main stream so they can shovel different agenda to you).

Regardless, he's got my vote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the Russians. Heard it was for military contracts. I don't see them limiting the exports to here because its good money. If anything, they're saving on shipping for right now.

~Steve

Edited by whatmanual

as for the russians and firearms export.

you pay first. you get your order when its ready. its that simple.

think of the deli in the grocery store. and then think also that they sell the product based on MONEY, not WHO YOU ARE.

the russians will sell us arms, trust me. for a long time to come.

to not alter my previous post, and in response to whatmanual, I will say this:

rudy was who led us when they hid the president. the vice president may have had to make some calls, but it was RUDY who collected himself and guided us that day, NOONE ELSE. and that is ok. that is these people's jobs.

he is proven. as is mcain. BUT mcain let the guys in that stole half of my work and are screwing my potential customers for a low price. I get to go there now and fix shit for WAY less than the whole job value, and Im tired of it. it is the long term guys like him that did nothing when it was THEM that needed to explain it.

rudy is proven under fire, in times like we have now. I know mcain was a POW for a long time in vietnam, but he hasnt stood up and done his fuckin JOB. RUDY HAS. he has my vote, regardless of what it means.

the other candidates I dont care for. they seem shady to me, I dont know why. cant put my finger on it, and its not thier public relations bull....

Based on whatmanual's link,

If Ron Paul became president, that would be the Brady Campaign's worst nightmare.

A libertarian in the oval office :devil: Talk about the SHTF with the anti-gun crowd.

He would promote an end to the IRS and the ATF. He's our only hope for gun rights.

Fred Thompson would be my second choice.

The Ron Paul FREEDOM PRINCIPLES

Rights belong to individuals, not groups.

Property should be owned by people, not government.

All voluntary associations should be permissible -- economic and social.

The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud.

Government exists to protect liberty, not to redistribute wealth or to grant special privileges.

The lives and actions of people are their own responsibility, not the government's.

Edited by my762buzz
If Ron Paul became president, that would be the Brady Campaign's worst nightmare.

A libertarian in the oval office :devil: Talk about the SHTF with the anti-gun crowd.

He would promote an end to the IRS and the ATF. He's our only hope for gun rights.

Fred Thompson would be my second choice.

The Ron Paul FREEDOM PRINCIPLES

Rights belong to individuals, not groups.

Property should be owned by people, not government.

All voluntary associations should be permissible -- economic and social.

The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud.

Government exists to protect liberty, not to redistribute wealth or to grant special privileges.

The lives and actions of people are their own responsibility, not the government's.

Such simple logic, really.

KW

who cares. shouldnt let them write the gun laws.

all I know about politics without getting this thread off track, is Im voting for rudy.

Are you retarded? Rudy is the leading anti-gunner amongst all republicans. He lead the charge in gun lawsuits and in oppressive laws through the 90s. He was one of the prime republican figures pushing for the original assault weapons ban. And he never stopped pushing for national gun control except in the past couple of years.

Fred Thompson will be running and he is completely pro-gun. Just yesterday he was quoting Don Kates when attacking the NY Times for misrepresenting the state of 2nd amendment scholarship.

+1 on Ron Paul, he is the best presidential candidate from any party I've seen in a long time. To me he embodies the ideals of our founding fathers and the constitution and I really hope he wins in 2008. Look into it if you haven't.

Edited by S12.308NSC

I've been supporting Ron Paul with donationsfor 10+ years now. :up:

The only thing he pissed me off with is his recent views on the Iraq war. I say keep the nuclear option viable. :evil:

Well as long as everyone else is going off topic

Rudy is basicaly a liberal who wants your guns. He was elected in New York. That should tell you enough

Putin is not one that should be talking about causing wars. Funny just how many soviet made weapons are out their in the hands of terriorist. Look what they did to afganistan.

Russia taking credit for winning WWII as I heard them do in the past also is a joke. without the US aid and involvement they would have been defeated. Who signed a non agression pact with Hitler-Russia. That went well didn't it. Not to mention that the germans only through about 2 million troops at russia. The numbers eventually did come into play. The only reason they did take Berlin is because Ike let them. Not to take away from what the solders did, but the leadership was madness.

Of course they are pissed about NATO expansion. They were once large and powerful. Many probably want the former satalite countries back for the resources they provided and being that most are in Nato now, the chances are slim to none that that will ever happen.

Money is what talks louder then presidents. They will continue to sell us guns. There is a benifit for the US government not to stop importation, They would be selling guns to someone else and more dangerous then US citizens.