How do i get origional stock off!!!?

Hi, i just bought my first Saiga rifle and was trying to take the stock off. I got the screws out and it will not budge. I dont want to hammer it without knowing what im going to mess up. Is there a third screw, or whats holding it in. Thx!

Hi, i just bought my first Saiga rifle and was trying to take the stock off. I got the screws out and it will not budge. I dont want to hammer it without knowing what im going to mess up. Is there a third screw, or whats holding it in. Thx!

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_1.htm

3 Screws. And don't be afraid to pound. Only if you bend the receiver or barrel can you really hurt a Saiga.

2 top screws did ya get the 1 under the dust cover and recoil spring. if not it will be tough getting it off even with a big hammer. pm me if ya get stuck love the screen name ufc rocks. good luck devin

Sweet got that sucker off! I had one more question. I bought the Russian Saiga Skeletonized Stock from gilbertsguns.com (looks awesome by the way), and I put it on and noticed there were no predrilled holes. I was wondering if this is normal and if I should just drill them in myself. thx

Oh sweet, Ya I do train in arizona at Arizona Combat sports(AZcombatsports.com). I do primairily muai thai kickboxing, and mma (submission wrestling and ju-jitsu). Its nice becuase I was able to get into the sport right before it became popular in the us. I would love to hear about your training, and what you like to do.-Matt

Our school is mostly centered around Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with a GI. It is awesome school. Carlos Gracie Jr. teaches there about 6 months a year. Marcio Feitosa is the head instructor.

I studied Shotokan Karate for 10 years and got my black belt. Karate is okay. But, I wish I would have learned about Muy Thai instead. My personal opinion is that it is much more effective than karate. Heck, Muy Thai + ground skills is a tough combination to beat.

Edited by gjj